Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What about the generic brands?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Now if you could just get an English speaking individual to edit your website along with some pictures of better than thumbnail resolution.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I still think the Caster should be at Hotbodies prices. Its a shame that Caster gets drug into every generic/knockoff thread, because it does look like they have decent support even though there are only a few places to buy parts.

But untill Caster totally designs a car that isn't 90% interchangeble with Mugen parts they will stay in that category.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

One 8 This is not really aimed at you. But I always laugh at people who use the term "KNOCKOFF". HMMM Let me digress let's see 3 diffs,center,front,rear.
Set on an aluminum chassis plate,with a huge mega azz battery on one side and on the otherside of the car.The motor,esc and servo,wow how many cars are built like that.Well get a load a dis...Knockoff http://casterracingusa.com/popup_ima...2010%29&page=8 or more appropreately.
http://casterracingusa.com/popup_mag...id=11&imageid=...

Last edited by chilwil86; 03-31-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I wouldn't buy a caster. I however really like my Hot Bodies, and I won't have to buy parts by the truckload.. It is a proven platform, unlike the Caster.. A local went out and picked a caster, and first 3 times out he broke something that kept him from running.. He pulled out the trusty Mugen and finished the day.. He hasn't run the caster since..

So no offense to Hakmaster, but you aren't on par with Mugen, Kyosho, X-Ray or even Hot Bodies..
Old 03-31-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks all for putting your two bob in - a bit of a time delay as I'm in Australia but it's great to chat with experienced racers.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hakmazter
1.)
Call Kyosho or Losi or Mugen and tell them your name and see what they say. Ask a new or ex Caster guy if they think Mike knows them, if not ask if one of the other guys such as Chris, Rick, or Jonathan or Dustin do. That attitude will continue as long as I am in charge.
Not having a shot at Caster, but if and/or when you get as big as Kyosho, Losi, or Mugen, we'll see if anyone knows the 'average joe' racer!

C'mon man, be serious
Old 04-01-2010, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by madweazl
Now if you could just get an English speaking individual to edit your website along with some pictures of better than thumbnail resolution.
Then go to the Caster USA site, not the Caster Racing site. Also, there is a trick to the Caster USA cart where you click to zoom on a product pic and it blows it up to almost full screen and usually shows other additional pics.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
I wouldn't buy a caster. I however really like my Hot Bodies, and I won't have to buy parts by the truckload.. It is a proven platform, unlike the Caster.. A local went out and picked a caster, and first 3 times out he broke something that kept him from running.. He pulled out the trusty Mugen and finished the day.. He hasn't run the caster since..

So no offense to Hakmaster, but you aren't on par with Mugen, Kyosho, X-Ray or even Hot Bodies..
What year was it that he had the issues? Is he a good driver? What were the temps? If he doesn't have a new 2010 model, there is no reason to have this discussion, but I will say that we have a few guys that have never or very rarely broken a Caster part on our team and they have raced for over a year. Dskredbaron and Doug Lightcap and Jonathan Hernandez come to mind.

You can have your opinion, but I know a few guys that left hotbodies for us because they were tired of diff issues and chassis issues, a few that left Kyosho, a guy that sold his xray, etc.... and we had a recent convert from a Mugen MBX6 because he thought his Mugen broke too much. I know for a fact that if you are in OK, you haven't seen our new stuff which is lightyears ahead of 2009, which is lightyears ahead of 2008, etc....

But there is no reason to turn this into a flame war. Hopefully you get a chance to see our cars in the future and realize that I am not embellishing anything. It will take a few more years, but we are gaining more dealers, therefore, we will have more parts support in the US and more choices for the end consumer.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by one8updragracer
I still think the Caster should be at Hotbodies prices. Its a shame that Caster gets drug into every generic/knockoff thread, because it does look like they have decent support even though there are only a few places to buy parts.

But untill Caster totally designs a car that isn't 90% interchangeble with Mugen parts they will stay in that category.
So how does xray get a free pass?
Old 04-01-2010, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mtbkym01
Not having a shot at Caster, but if and/or when you get as big as Kyosho, Losi, or Mugen, we'll see if anyone knows the 'average joe' racer!

C'mon man, be serious
If they are in our forums, we will know them.

I know a lot of the TT guys also and they do not support our products. Example, Brad Smith (Domit) recently had an accident falling off a drivers stand, was in the hospital, and there was a fundraiser on his behalf. He used to be anti caster over the years, but has over time started to be at least pro caster. He isn't a customer, not sure if he will be, but I know of him.

Integra here, he does not run Caster, but is a cool guy. He runs a Losi and we have had a few friendly debates here.

Warpig here, an original Caster guy from 2008. He is from Nebraska and has friends at Hobbyplex (who carries our products) It is a shame Cam talked him into trying us back then instead of now. He is fast, but couldn't keep our old stuff together when it was really substandard.

I can keep going....and we will try to do our best, but like I was saying, if they are in our forums, I know a lot about them. I will have to say if we sell 500,000 cars, I probably can't do it anymore....lol. But I was trying to make a point about how we offer a more personal customer service relationship than any of the other companies and I hope we do not lose that aspect.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default unless

Unless you have ran a caster yourself I don't see how you can nock it? I have ran Kyosho,Thunder Tiger,Mugen, Assoc., Caster , and now O'donnell. I can tell you the 2009 Caster ran as good or better than many of these. I broke one arm and bent the front tower over a whole season. People who don't do normal maintanence should expect failure. If the 2010 model is even better then Caster is on par with everyone! That's my .02. So let it go.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

It's amazing how one of the main reasons more and more people get into this hobby is actually the same reason why they abandon it.

Cheap Cars!

Its difficult to explain to newcomers that these are not toys, these are race cars in a small scale.. but they go ahead and buy a cheap car, break it in a couple of days and never come back.

i for one, started a small business that is not intended to profit so I can make a living out of it, but just to sustain itself and keep the hobby alive over here in my country... To my surprise our sincerity and honest answers have gained us the trust of most of the people currently in the hobby and newcomers alike. I have never sold and RTR vehicle and will never sell a copy, Id rather not sell then have a disappointed customer...

Remember that the long run is way more important and 1 person who is in for good is better than 10 who come and go.

hakmazter, I haven't tried the caster car, so I can't comment on its quality.

But i know for sure Mugen makes one tough car... Losi, Kyosho, AE, Xray, and some others you can't go wrong with.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

What year was it that he had the issues? Is he a good driver? What were the temps? If he doesn't have a new 2010 model, there is no reason to have this discussion, but I will say that we have a few guys that have never or very rarely broken a Caster part on our team and they have raced for over a year. Dskredbaron and Doug Lightcap and Jonathan Hernandez come to mind.

You can have your opinion, but I know a few guys that left hotbodies for us because they were tired of diff issues and chassis issues, a few that left Kyosho, a guy that sold his xray, etc.... and we had a recent convert from a Mugen MBX6 because he thought his Mugen broke too much. I know for a fact that if you are in OK, you haven't seen our new stuff which is lightyears ahead of 2009, which is lightyears ahead of 2008, etc....

But there is no reason to turn this into a flame war. Hopefully you get a chance to see our cars in the future and realize that I am not embellishing anything. It will take a few more years, but we are gaining more dealers, therefore, we will have more parts support in the US and more choices for the end consumer.

Hak, not trying to be funny but you might wanna keep your eye on those guys build skills. The HB diffs are probably some of the best in the game(durability wise). The stock chasiss is 4mm thick and I have never seen anyone have an issue with it other than its heavy as hell.

For the record I run a HB... I DONT RUN FOR HB... Not a fanboi, just like the performance for the price of what they offer. But even the HB is not perfect...But diffs/chassis is not an issue on it!

I wish you and Caster all the success in the world man... Takes alot to come on here as a direct rep of a product and deal with the bashing.. No matter what company, big or small....
Old 04-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If they are in our forums, we will know them.

I know a lot of the TT guys also and they do not support our products. Example, Brad Smith (Domit) recently had an accident falling off a drivers stand, was in the hospital, and there was a fundraiser on his behalf. He used to be anti caster over the years, but has over time started to be at least pro caster. He isn't a customer, not sure if he will be, but I know of him.
Hi... that would be me. I've seen Caster go from the very beginning days when they had a few issues (particularly differential and ring/pinion issues) to what I personally think is a product to consider. I run XRAY, and am very happy with their product, and their support... however, I wouldn't currently have any hesitation to race with a Caster product. I would probably choose it over some of the better known companies.

As for not supporting... just to be clear to folks on here... just because I don't currently drive a Caster, and don't frequently mention them, please don't think I don't like their products.

I used to run a Losi 1.0 buggy... and guess what? I had issues with rear ring and pinions... and with durability of the center diff cups. There were LOTS of truggy guys having issues with the rear ring and pinion (Losi) and lots of Losi drivers having problems with durability of the diff cups, particularly in the center. Does that make Losi a bad product? No... It means they had an issue in those areas that have evidently been resolved with the newer model. Sooooo... Losi had problems with an older model that were similar to the problems Caster had with their older model. Why not give them (Caster) the same respect for fixing the issue?

I won one of the Caster electric 1/8 buggies at a raffle last year... I did NOT run it, not because I didn't like the buggy... in fact, I was absolutely amazed at the quality of the machining and the thought that was put into the car. I didn't run it because I have no desire to run electric.

Once more thing about Caster: In our area at least... they have some of the nicest sponsored drivers on the planet. They aren't the big name guys that get paid the big $$$$ to promote a product, they're just regular guys for the most part.

Integra here, he does not run Caster, but is a cool guy. He runs a Losi and we have had a few friendly debates here.

Warpig here, an original Caster guy from 2008. He is from Nebraska and has friends at Hobbyplex (who carries our products) It is a shame Cam talked him into trying us back then instead of now. He is fast, but couldn't keep our old stuff together when it was really substandard.
Note that this was also my original exposure to Caster... back when Ed Garcia and Mike Battaile were team guys... before some issues were fixed. Caster has come a long way since then. (Note that I know Ed and Mike personally... both are good guys... it is unfortunate that they were involved before the bugs were worked out and not after.)

I can keep going....and we will try to do our best, but like I was saying, if they are in our forums, I know a lot about them. I will have to say if we sell 500,000 cars, I probably can't do it anymore....lol. But I was trying to make a point about how we offer a more personal customer service relationship than any of the other companies and I hope we do not lose that aspect.
+1
Old 04-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Truck was bought by him for his own christmas gift Dec 2009.. If that ain't a 2010 model then it should have been.. I don't know the temps but we were racin indoors.. about 40-50 I would guess inside but blow freezing out side..

I actually race with Caster Team driver Dustin Hamilton about once a month, and his buggy doesn't seem to have any troubles, but the guy I refered to had trouble with his truggy to the point he put it up for sale..

I didn't start a flame war, but I have seen where you have posted that your quality is as good as Kyosho and X-ray, and better than Hot Bodies and OFNA multiple times, and it simply isn't true. I had a Jammin CRT that I never touched except to freshen oils in and replace 1 A-arm in 3 years.. Now the CRT is a tank no doubt, but It didn't break either.. I now run a Hot Bodies D8 and D8T, and all I can say is WOW these two are killer to drive..

Basicly all I am saying is the Caster is going to have to become a big force before I ever consider buying one..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.