Wiki Posts
Search

Clutch set up..

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Clutch set up..

I was anting to get some info on everyones clutch set ups.. There have been some discussions on another board about different clutch set ups and why we use the ones we do.. I was hoping to get some more info on it..

I run a 3 shoe all aluminum with .9mm springs.. I run a soft spring because I run a torquey motor and I like my cltuch to come on smoothly.. I have tried 1 carbon and 2 aluminum, with 1.0mm and 1.1mm springs respectively.. But, I never cared for this set up much, but might try it again with the AnswerRC shoes I run now.. I used OFNA blue before.. I am got 5 races out of the answer shoes, but read where the 1 carbon 2 aluminum can double shoe life..

What is everyone else running and how do you have it set up?? What are your experiences with it? What are the Pros and Cons of your set ups?
Old 03-28-2010, 10:35 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
I was anting to get some info on everyones clutch set ups.. There have been some discussions on another board about different clutch set ups and why we use the ones we do.. I was hoping to get some more info on it..

I run a 3 shoe all aluminum with .9mm springs.. I run a soft spring because I run a torquey motor and I like my cltuch to come on smoothly.. I have tried 1 carbon and 2 aluminum, with 1.0mm and 1.1mm springs respectively.. But, I never cared for this set up much, but might try it again with the AnswerRC shoes I run now.. I used OFNA blue before.. I am got 5 races out of the answer shoes, but read where the 1 carbon 2 aluminum can double shoe life..

What is everyone else running and how do you have it set up?? What are your experiences with it? What are the Pros and Cons of your set ups?
i am pretty impressed with the ascendancy clutch , very easy to work on , great feel and long wear .

personally run kyosho blue aluminum 6061 shoes blue 6061 shoes
w/ kyosho 1.0mm springs1.0mm springs

sometimes i will replace one of the aluminum with a kyosho carbon shoecarbon shoes to get a smoother feel for the buggy but usually always maintain three aluminum shoes in the truck , occasionally replace one of the blue 6061 kyosho blue shoes with one of the 7075 HD shoes HD shoes if i want a little smoother feel from the trucks clutch setup .

keep your eyes on impulse rc
there are gonna be some killer things on the way !!!

Last edited by houston; 03-28-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I run the Losi in my buggy, 2 carbon with green and 2 alu with gold springs, works just dandy for me.

In truggy I've run a Team Orion v6 for quite some time, with it set at one half turn in from flush I get consistent action, low temps and very long life, at least 3 gallons.

I just got some JVD(Ascendancy) shoes for the Losi clutch to try in the truggy. I've heard good things so I'm curious to see what they perform like. Gonna start out with 4 gold springs, and see how it goes.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by neobart
I run the Losi in my buggy, 2 carbon with green and 2 alu with gold springs, works just dandy for me.

In truggy I've run a Team Orion v6 for quite some time, with it set at one half turn in from flush I get consistent action, low temps and very long life, at least 3 gallons.

I just got some JVD(Ascendancy) shoes for the Losi clutch to try in the truggy. I've heard good things so I'm curious to see what they perform like. Gonna start out with 4 gold springs, and see how it goes.
i doubt the jvd shoes fit the losi clutch without any modifications
Old 03-28-2010, 11:28 AM
JJY
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
JVD (Ascendancy) are making Shoe's specifically designed for the Losi 4 shoe clutch.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Clutch-Shoes-4
Old 03-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I run a fioroni turbo sliding clutch system in the truck, and a turbo twin 2007 sliding clutch system in the buggy. The turbo clutch is a 2 shoe setup where the twin is a 4 shoe setup. In the truck I run carbon shoes with 2 regular(medium) springs and one hard spring. In the buggy I run carbon shoes with either 1 regular and 1 hard spring or two hard springs.

These clutches are the most consistent clutch setup I have ever run. They grab smooth and strong. On top of that they last forever. I have had a set of shoes last through 10 gallons of abuse. No lie, they went 10 actual gallons of racing in my truggy. I know many people who have had the same luck with them as I have, and a couple who have not had the best luck.

Clutches are hard, because there is no, one setup that will work for everyone. Really the best thing to do is try different stuff out for yourself.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

M2C Reg Soft shoes, two .9/two .95 springs, Ex Tech .21/2057. My combo from last year in buggy.
Will be running the M2C set up again this year on my Alpha's. Current set up RegSoft with two .95/ two 1.0 in truggy. Ran one race indoors with my E.T, ran last week outdoors with my Alpha S852 with the same set up. Very nice feel in both engines.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
hello Monty,

ya we do make them. we have had them for a while. We also make them for AE and Hongnor/Jammin. Thanks for the kind words. Funny thing that Impulse looks almost the same.
Old 03-28-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Elite

If I could have gotten parts for the Orion V6 I would have picked one up. I raced with a guy that used one last year and he loved it.. nearly a gallon of fuel on one bearing set, and at least 3 gallons on shoes.. I wish they were more available in the USA..
Old 03-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Towerhobbies has it.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by JJY
JVD (Ascendancy) are making Shoe's specifically designed for the Losi 4 shoe clutch.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Clutch-Shoes-4
sweet
Old 03-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
M2C Reg Soft shoes, two .9/two .95 springs, Ex Tech .21/2057. My combo from last year in buggy.
Will be running the M2C set up again this year on my Alpha's. Current set up RegSoft with two .95/ two 1.0 in truggy. Ran one race indoors with my E.T, ran last week outdoors with my Alpha S852 with the same set up. Very nice feel in both engines.
Running RegSofts with (2) .95 and (2) 1.0 springs in my 6T also. Love this set-up. This is an awesome set-up for the indoor season and this is also what I am going to run at the start of the outdoor season too. The thing that I really like about the M2C clutch set-ups is the reliability. NEVER had an issue with them!
Old 03-28-2010, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i love the dynamite shoes. I had a pair outlast my motor.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Towerhobbies has it.
I know but they don't have any parts..
Old 03-29-2010, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default hmmmm

I usually run mugen carbon shoes with kyosho 1.0 springs, but I tried the alluminum mugen shoes last weekend with 1.0 kyosho springs and it was really nice. I do like the carbon shoes for two reasons. They last forever, including saving the inside of the clutch bell and smooth power delivery and smooth landings....I like the way mugen shoes fit. I have a stock 808 flywheel and mugen just sems to have the right stuff. They just came out with the longer lasting alluminum shoes too. Always on top of their game...Not a big fan of weird fironi and ascendancy clutches. Besides the cost. My setup.

Kyosho 1.0 springs 4.00
Mugen carbon shoes 11.00

that's 15 dollars for shoes and springs and the added benefit of buying fewer clutchbells...and you can use your stock flywheel..... I know truggy needs more punch, but in buggy you would be suprised how great they work.
Now I do want to try the dynamite or mugen long lasting shoes and they are like 20 bucks. but whatever shoes you buy try the kyosho springs, they are cheap and even have a .90, .95, 1.0, 1.1. But I use 1.0 or .95.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.