Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lopez to run GO engine's in 2010

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Depending on who you talked to Trey is Go USA and those guys where all running for Go The "Factory" so its a little different. I have been running them since the finals with no problems. I ran it a couple weeks ago and had 11:30 run time and so did my buddy running his 7 port. (small track) We sent Lopez the first motor he tried. Lopez is very hard to impress and he ways totally stoked about the motor and the power. He said a few guys ragged him at first then a couple of friends that where running Alpha motors (not bashing Alpha they are great motors Jason Branhams looked awesome) they wanted to drag race and Ryan beat them every time. With Trey running the show Go USA will get out there again and be successful.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I had a gen three 5 port and it was a beast once I got it tuned right..but due to it being run for bad so long and me doing a 5 tank break in the engine died within 3 gallons(well really it died when I swapped cranks for an STS one and it broke inside the motor while I was running at top RPM's lol and chipped the pistion(the engine it's self still had compression)
Old 03-25-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Go engines are one of the best bang for the buck. the engine itself comes with a spare conrod. And if you ever have to rebuild them you can pretty much buy a whole new set of p/s/r for under a $100.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xjqkz
Go engines are one of the best bang for the buck. the engine itself comes with a spare conrod. And if you ever have to rebuild them you can pretty much buy a whole new set of p/s/r for under a $100.
When I bought mine they didn't come with all that but at $150 it def was a good purchase
Old 03-25-2010, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Here's what the new Go Gx combo with a pipe comes with, the best deal out there. (Around $240.00)

Rex

Old 03-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Old 03-25-2010, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 22Racer
Here's what the new Go Gx combo with a pipe comes with, the best deal out there. (Around $240.00)

Rex
I know of the new ones just haven't gotten around to getting one yet...Imma send it out to my boy Brian for some touch up when I do
Old 03-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Elite

this will be my next engine. I am sick of paying through the nose for engine parts. Not to mention the engines themselves (mainly ninja's and O.S. motors in general)

How does this motors performance compare to the vspec or ninja?

I must say i don't even really care anymore.

And where can you find that combo deal?
Old 03-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

ryan would be fast with anything....he is sooo smooth also.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think its so funny how all it takes is a Really fast known driver to get a company as a sponsor and all of a sudden people become interested in that product. GO engines have been good for a long time and now because of this, other people are now taking notice.

Ryan is a great guy and I am sure he will take those GO motors and kick butt with them. Good for Ryan, Good for GO Engines.

I can almost bet if Alpha did not pick up Lutz then nobody would take notice of those motors like they are doing now.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

i could give 2 Sh$$S about who runs what. I just want a good motor without breaking the bank on rebuilds.

So is there anywhere to find this combo and how does it compare to the ninja or vspec/speed?

And if i cannot find the combo, what kind of pipe do you run with it.

I do realize that technically this is not a go engines thread, but help would be appreciated
Old 03-25-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
i could give 2 Sh$$S about who runs what. I just want a good motor without breaking the bank on rebuilds.

So is there anywhere to find this combo and how does it compare to the ninja or vspec/speed?

And if i cannot find the combo, what kind of pipe do you run with it.

I do realize that technically this is not a go engines thread, but help would be appreciated
Well the previous GO .21 3-port people used to say was comparable to the V-spec. The 7-port always had killer top end. And the 5-port had a ton of bottom and was mostly used in truggies from what I can remember. If it was me and these new GO's are that much better than the previous ones I would go 3-port. I ran the 0801 pipe with mine and it was awesome. Never tried there 2047 though.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
this will be my next engine. I am sick of paying through the nose for engine parts. Not to mention the engines themselves (mainly ninja's and O.S. motors in general)

How does this motors performance compare to the vspec or ninja?

I must say i don't even really care anymore.

And where can you find that combo deal?
I have only driven a V-spec or Ninja in someone else's car but I would say the 5 port is more like the older v-spec, really good bottom end and great top end. You will not be dissapointed. The 5 port for some is a little too much bottom end in a buggy, the 7 port would be the best choice then.

Go motors have gotten a bad name in the past, mostly due to newbies buying them for the price and having trouble. They would have had trouble no matter what engine they bought. Go has been improving the motors all the time though, with the coated parts engine life is much improved also.

I do sell them also, although hard to keep in stock lately.

Rex
Old 03-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

I have talked a couple of guys into trying the motors. These guys have ran nothing but speeds and v-specs. One said his felt as good or better than his speeds and the other said it was smoother but seem to have just a little less bottom. The motors are awesome. If u have any questions about them pm me or email me direct [email protected]
Old 03-25-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Pretty impressive comments for the Go and Alpha engines. They're pretty similar, correct? A-main has the 3 port pipe combo listed for $254 and in stock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.