R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Losi 8B with LOSA4400? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/382689-losi-8b-losa4400.html)

VWVR6_T 03-23-2010 01:19 PM

Losi 8B with LOSA4400?

Hi guys, I just want some experience reviews on the TFT chassis (LOSA4400) for the 8B 1.0 vs the chassis that came with the roller chassis. Also how the losa4400 perform vs the 2.0 chassis. Any information or feedback for the losa 4400 chassis is welcome. Please I'll like to here from experience not from I heard or I know someone...
Reason for this is After been off the hobby for a long time I dont want to buy anything new, I just pick up a losi 8B in very good condition with the upgrades necesary but the chassis is wear out. That's why I ask. Thanks

geejay 03-23-2010 01:36 PM

This chassis was for the 1.0 buggy. the 2.0 comes with this chassis. you cant compare the 1.0 vs the 2.0 they are really different and have a totally different feel. i would look on ebay for a new chassis cheap. you really dont need the TFT chassis

Chris Peralta 03-23-2010 01:51 PM

That chassis will help the 1.0 buggy quite a bit. You can also get the 2.0 chassis and a 2.0 rear center drive shaft and that will be even better.

VWVR6_T 03-23-2010 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by geejay (Post 7175683)
This chassis was for the 1.0 buggy. the 2.0 comes with this chassis. you cant compare the 1.0 vs the 2.0 they are really different and have a totally different feel. i would look on ebay for a new chassis cheap. you really dont need the TFT chassis

I know the losa4400 is for the 1.0 it was an upgrade to the 1.0. I was looking to get the 2.0 chassis from flea bay but after a month looking how this chassis are going on flea bay I beleive it is too much $ to put in for a old buggy. I just pick up a new LOSA4400 for 40.00 after shipping and I was compared to the chassis in my buggy and it looks like +1 mm thiker (didn't have the chance to meassured yet), the cuts inside the chassis looks deeper into the chassis. That's the main reason I ask. I rather wait for LOSI's new or upgraded buggy in near future. I just want something that get me into the hobby and get my skills sharp again. Thank you

Keep it coming...

VWVR6_T 03-23-2010 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta (Post 7175741)
That chassis will help the 1.0 buggy quite a bit. You can also get the 2.0 chassis and a 2.0 rear center drive shaft and that will be even better.

I know Chris, What you said is true, but take a look at my post above that explaint my questions here. .

Now, You mention will help. How this chassis will help the buggy?, that is what I'm looking for.
Thanks Chris

tc5 man 03-23-2010 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta (Post 7175741)

+1 i might get the 2.0 t chassis and the longer center rear shaft, later on when i get the money. i think i would get the flex, chassis if your racing on a rough track like me.

i already added a alum saver top and, a 2.0 steering link and 2+ wheelbase hubs.

Chris Peralta 03-23-2010 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by VWVR6_T (Post 7175788)
I know Chris, What you said is true, but take a look at my post above that explaint my questions here. .

Now, You mention will help. How this chassis will help the buggy?, that is what I'm looking for.
Thanks Chris

The chassis is going to flex more which is going to help your over all traction and rough track handling. For me the car felt way more planted on all parts of the track, and was a lot easier to drive than the standard 1.0 chassis. The one thing I did notice happen tho with the 1.0 TFT chassis was if I cased a jump real hard the center rear dog bone would pop out of the center diff. That was a real pain in the ass actually so I would say keep looking for the 2.0 chassis and a 2.0 center rear shaft. Also make sure you are not using the aluminum chassis braces as they are taking away flex your trying to gain with the flex chassis.

VWVR6_T 03-23-2010 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta (Post 7175885)
The chassis is going to flex more which is going to help your over all traction and rough track handling. For me the car felt way more planted on all parts of the track, and was a lot easier to drive than the standard 1.0 chassis. The one thing I did notice happen tho with the 1.0 TFT chassis was if I cased a jump real hard the center rear dog bone would pop out of the center diff. That was a real pain in the ass actually so I would say keep looking for the 2.0 chassis and a 2.0 center rear shaft. Also make sure you are not using the aluminum chassis braces as they are taking away flex your trying to gain with the flex chassis.

Great Chris, I know what to expect from it and thank you for the heads up on the rear dogbone, I dont have the Alum. chassis braces. If Losi does not announce a new or upgraded buggy after this season I will look for the 2.0 chassis no doubt. Thanks