Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR new body rules

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

What worse, this isnt the first time roar has made a rule that makes an item we buy illegal. The Proline VTR is illegal under ROAR rules. Before 2009, there was no rules limiting truggy tires. Now that the VTR is out, there is a ruling that states the max inner bead diameter is 3.75 inches. The VTR inner bead diameter is 4.0, and is that big simply because they changed the way it mounts to the tire. If it had the traditional bead that the LPR, and AKA tires have, it would be legal. But Proline went a step further and made it like the buggy, and now is not ROAR legal.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
What worse, this isnt the first time roar has made a rule that makes an item we buy illegal. The Proline VTR is illegal under ROAR rules. Before 2009, there was no rules limiting truggy tires. Now that the VTR is out, there is a ruling that states the max inner bead diameter is 3.75 inches. The VTR inner bead diameter is 4.0, and is that big simply because they changed the way it mounts to the tire. If it had the traditional bead that the LPR, and AKA tires have, it would be legal. But Proline went a step further and made it like the buggy, and now is not ROAR legal.
EXACTLY! Proline made truggy tires what they always should have been... Sized up buggy tires, not T-MAXX tires. In doing so, they created a much better truggy tire design, and IMO some of the best truggy tires out there currently.

But what does ROAR do? Shoot it down of coarse with BS rules that are created only to eliminate new designs. ROAR sucks!
Old 03-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

The only argument I could see about the resemblance of the 8ight-T 2.0 body to the Toyota Tundra truck would be the cab height, and I'd guess the transition from hood to cab in the RC version is probably exagerated by the height of the hood to cover the front shock tower.
Old 03-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have to say this is the silliest thing ive read and everyone knows how well stickers last when you wreck
Originally Posted by punkracer24
seroiusly.....

rules 6.1.4 and 6.1.4.1....really... so everybody make sure you carry extra head light decals now for your truggies so you dont get DQd

the only races where ROAR matters anymore is the Nationals and your Regionals. so it probably wont have near the affect that they are going for
the next thing will be what colors of paint you can use after that how you can put it one i mean get real people

Originally Posted by geejay
I strongly disagree with ROAR. They are nothing but RC bullies. Its a body, a cover. Next thing they will do is implement a dress code. You must wear blue jeans, no cut of shorts or short period, no tank tops and must have match underwear.

Engines, motors, making sure batteries are safe if one thing, but hindering the development of the HOBBY is just wrong. We freakin play with toys. Not race real 1.1 cars...... what was it for the "spirit of the rules" that was created in 1914, leaves no room for development. Well if thats the case, if i was proline and jc and losi, I would boycott. now its time for these big time highly paid drivers to stand up and speak their minds for their company. Whats right is right and I do not believe that this is right. I dont know whos wrost right now the entire US GOV or ROAR....... Roar just get a kick out of telling races what they can and can not do even if it has no baring on racing. These bodies do not make you faster. I strongly doubt they spend millions of dollars on wind tunnel testing and RD to actually make theses faster. Its style and design. This is a hobby is develop on whats new and thats what we buy. If there is nothing to make us "think" we are faster than this hobby will die. Next they will out law wraps and say single and faded paint is not allowed. There should be a petition written up to show them our (racer) displeasure. I for one do not like being told what to do when what Im doing affect no one, or performance.
x2
Originally Posted by RBMike
If you make a body that looks like a current Ford, Chevy, Toyoda etc. Do you think those 1:1 car companies are going to let the RC body makers to use those designs for FREE. I don't think so.

How much is the licensing of those body styles going add to the cost of our bodies?

It's already silly, we pay $25 (or more) for a strechted 2'x2' lexan sheet.

How real will it look anyway after you make room for the shock towers & have a big (fill in your color) motor heatsink sticking up out of the bed.

Next they will mandate "ROAR APPROVED" headlight stickers & limit the amount of window tinting you can use. Ohh & by the way those tires your running are way too big to look realistic, maybe there should be another rule about that. The ride hieght is kind of tall, maybe we should rule that too. I've seen some pretty wild paint jobs on some of these rigs but at the 1:1 dealership they won't do more than 2 tone paint anymore. Should there be a rule that only allows you to paint your truggy 2 color and you have to use a color codes from Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Toyota in the current year model (2010 colors only until next year).

Where will it end.
i agree
Originally Posted by revrace
I actually like the look of the proline "cab forward" body. I mean it actually makes the RC8 and the D8 look decent (which is a huge improvement). The cool thing is that full scale off-road cars vary quite a bit in appearance. That is one of the great things about "real" off-road cars. Seems to me like the new Pro-Line body does resemble this particular "real" race car.
dont forget a horn
Originally Posted by Ruune
What's next? no blacked out windows, and you have to have a little man with a turning head when you turn the wheels? Headlights? Turn signals? 5mph (sorry 1/8 of 5mph) rated bumpers? Seatbelts for the little man in the drivers seat? How about exhausts required to come out behind the rear wheels? How about inspection stickers?

I can see regulation on things like batteries, fuels, engine size, or anything related to safety etc... but this is absurd. ROAR is overstepping their bounds here. I'll have to think twice before even considering the sponsorship of a ROAR event. I would hope that other companies that have more to lose (such as those that design bodies and/or cars) would follow suit.
I want to race a school bus i mean the only reason they dont in real life is there heavy but if you could make one light enough why not
Old 03-23-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Initiate

as long as the buggy or truggy is within the specs for wheelbase , width, and weight, who cares were the cab sits. 8th scales have never looked like thier full size counterparts, the buggy does not look like a class 1 score vehicle and truggys will never look like a trophy truck. the suspensions arent even to scale or the same type- trailing arms and 4 link rear ends. Roars reasoning for banning bodies because of the "scale looks" factor is idiotic. I really dont like the new bodies but it is nice to have a variety to choose from.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
If you don't like the new cab forward designs, don't freaking buy it. It really is that simple. No need for ROAR to wasting time making rules for this...

Nothing remotely real or scale about RC cars, so that whole argument is just plain retarded.

I guess it is much ado about nothing though since 99% of us don't race ROAR anyway. Psycho Nitro Blast or Nitro PIt ought to just call their races a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP and just put a nail in the coffin.

We need basic rules, but this just takes the cake imho.
Thank you, the voice of reason and common sense.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

How do I contact ROAR to ask for my money back? I don't NEED to be a member. I join yearly to add my support (my money) to the RC cause. I almost did not renew this year because of the "4 cell rule". If they had made this body rule before I renewed, I would not have. They no longer have my support nor will they get any more of my money.

I won't even miss a race without it because I refuse to buy a 4 cell hard case that makes my RC's heavy & inefficiant for 2 too 3 times what I currently pay for a pack. I get pleanty of racing in without the aggrivation of ROAR.

Good Job ROAR you have just moved me from the "reluctant ROAR member" to the "NON ROAR member" group.

Body makers should tell ROAR to pound sand. They should get togeather & make ONLY bodies outlawed by ROAR. Think ROAR will disqualify 100% of Truggy racers? I think not.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

What I find most humorous is that the people hating on ROAR like the bodies and individuals such as myself are wrong. What makes you right and me wrong?

THESE RULES ARENT NEW! ROAR made a statement months ago that something would happen if the bodies kept getting wilder.

NASCAR commentor; Their body will match the contours of the stock vehicle they're modeled after very closely. Notice the headlight stickers on them? These are all things that help the public identify with what they're seeing on the street.

Truggies dont match trophy trucks but they look like the same damn thing as a 2wd "racing monster truck." Their tire size and suspension setup (since some have the misguided notion all desert vehicles running trailing arms vice a-arms) more closely resembles that of a monster truck as well. People identify with that.

Why is it so difficult for you to accept the rule? Some of you have stated that it wont change the performance of the vehicle so again, what is the problem? You like the way they look so the rule has to change. Makes sense to me...

I think they look lame. My opinion.

I know they're illegal. Fact

I knew they would be illegal because ROAR stated as much months ago. Fact

You like the way they look. Opinion

ROAR is jacked up because you like the way they look. Opinion

1/8 will die a firey death because ROAR sucks. Opinion

You'll leave the hobby and there will be less bitching. Fact
Old 03-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If everyone that do not like this rule - quits racing, there will be like 4 people left.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What is a 2wd racing monster truck. If truggies are racing mosnter trucks have you seen the bodies those guys run? You want to take about no simblance to anything real. Madweazel you do realize if you stuck to roar rules you would not be able to run your 8t 2.0 since there is not a body in production that fits the "rules" for that truggy.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Most are saying they dont do any ROAR events regardless so what is the problem?
Old 03-23-2010, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DG Designs
What is a 2wd racing monster truck. If truggies are racing mosnter trucks have you seen the bodies those guys run? You want to take about no simblance to anything real. Madweazel you do realize if you stuck to roar rules you would not be able to run your 8t 2.0 since there is not a body in production that fits the "rules" for that truggy.
Proline makes a body for the 2.0 truggy that fits the rules to a T.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by madweazl
Proline makes a body for the 2.0 truggy that fits the rules to a T.
Which one is that? The Proline Shift body came to mind, but that one doesn't cover or extend past the rear shock tower, so I don't think that one fits the ROAR rules either.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My mistake. didnt realize that. The reason why this is a problem though is insurance for some tracks. The tracks need ROAR, not all but some, for insurance. I know it sounds far fetched but if you dont follow roar rules at that track an insurance claim could in theory be denied. What track owner is going to take that risk.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madweazl
What I find most humorous is that the people hating on ROAR like the bodies and individuals such as myself are wrong. What makes you right and me wrong?

THESE RULES ARENT NEW! ROAR made a statement months ago that something would happen if the bodies kept getting wilder.

NASCAR commentor; Their body will match the contours of the stock vehicle they're modeled after very closely. Notice the headlight stickers on them? These are all things that help the public identify with what they're seeing on the street.

Truggies dont match trophy trucks but they look like the same damn thing as a 2wd "racing monster truck." Their tire size and suspension setup (since some have the misguided notion all desert vehicles running trailing arms vice a-arms) more closely resembles that of a monster truck as well. People identify with that.

Why is it so difficult for you to accept the rule? Some of you have stated that it wont change the performance of the vehicle so again, what is the problem? You like the way they look so the rule has to change. Makes sense to me...

I think they look lame. My opinion.

I know they're illegal. Fact

I knew they would be illegal because ROAR stated as much months ago. Fact

You like the way they look. Opinion

ROAR is jacked up because you like the way they look. Opinion

1/8 will die a firey death because ROAR sucks. Opinion

You'll leave the hobby and there will be less bitching. Fact
I agree

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.