Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR new body rules

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs down US GOV!

.GeeJAy- I dont know whos wrost right now the entire US GOV or ROAR.......

Recent approval numbers-Congress 18%-Pelosi 11% -Reid 8% Obama 41%

I think even ROAR has them beat in approval.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonnyW
.GeeJAy- I dont know whos wrost right now the entire US GOV or ROAR.......

Recent approval numbers-Congress 18%-Pelosi 11% -Reid 8% Obama 41%

I think even ROAR has them beat in approval.
Now thats funny, even tho Im a bama supporter ------ hahaha
Old 03-23-2010, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

I for one think "encouraging" the manufacturers to make a somewhat realistic looking body is a good thing. It is unfortunate that it has to be done in such a harsh manner... but honestly, how many of us could NOT see this coming? There have been rumors about new rules for some time now... and we keep getting further and further from a "realistic" appearing body. I personally think this is a step in the right direction. Kudos to ROAR.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DOMIT
I for one think "encouraging" the manufacturers to make a somewhat realistic looking body is a good thing. It is unfortunate that it has to be done in such a harsh manner... but honestly, how many of us could NOT see this coming? There have been rumors about new rules for some time now... and we keep getting further and further from a "realistic" appearing body. I personally think this is a step in the right direction. Kudos to ROAR.
You get a pass today,

How are you bud? Hope all is well....
Old 03-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Armaan
If we want our hobby to go more MAINSTREAM, we gotta make the cars look REAL. Those cab-forward bodies look hideous. I'm glad ROAR stepped in, especially with the FUGLY Pro-Line body on Cav's RC8...same goes for the Losi 8ight-T Truck Body...that thing is ridiculous.
I have to agree the sole reason i didn't buy a truggy in my return to RC racing after my 8 year absence is that horrible 8T body. There is no way i would want to drive something with that horrible body on it.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by geejay
Now thats funny, even tho Im a bama supporter ------ hahaha
Figures.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Most of the rules in here have been in place for decades. I hate the current crop of cab forward bodies, I want them to resemble real vehicles. I want to race off road cars, not flying saucers.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I don't get the fascination with the cars looking real... Real race cars don't have huge out of proportion tires sticking out of the body. Real race cars aren't going 300+ mph which is what we would be doing if we kept it "real". Real race cars aren't jumping over 300 foot scale canyons 75 feet in the air, much less doing it and the driver actually surviving.

There is nothing about this rc racing that is "real". I could careless what my car body looks like as long as I get around the track faster.

I think the new bodies are cool and I hope the mfg's keep pushing the envelope. ROAR has way too much time on its hands. If you want scale racing, go buy a slash. I got into 1/8 because it is durable, high speed, big jumps, and exciting. Not because it looks like some kind of real car. Gimme a break.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Old School RC10-Coolest Ever!!!!

That cover photo on the original RC10 box was awesome! I wanted one so bad. Thats what got me interested in this sport(hobby). It was very realistic thats what was so cool about it. My buddy had a Frog and never really thought it was that hot. I never did get one though to busy racing MX at the time. But I have been looking on Ebay for a gem.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Edumakated
I don't get the fascination with the cars looking real... Real race cars don't have huge out of proportion tires sticking out of the body. Real race cars aren't going 300+ mph which is what we would be doing if we kept it "real". Real race cars aren't jumping over 300 foot scale canyons 75 feet in the air, much less doing it and the driver actually surviving.

There is nothing about this rc racing that is "real". I could careless what my car body looks like as long as I get around the track faster.

I think the new bodies are cool and I hope the mfg's keep pushing the envelope. ROAR has way too much time on its hands. If you want scale racing, go buy a slash. I got into 1/8 because it is durable, high speed, big jumps, and exciting. Not because it looks like some kind of real car. Gimme a break.
I guess I'm just an old timer that doesnt get it anymore

The buggies still resemble a class 1 vehicle for me. I'd love to see the current cab forward truggy bodies get canned.

ROAR is around to keep a level playing field. If they werent here, you couldnt afford to race. If you like the crazy bodies, push for an unlimited class so you can run what ever you want. You can make your 1/8 5lbs, 5" wheels, 16" wide, and 3' long. Dont change what has been in place for 25+ years, just push for another class. If people want to run the lame bodies they can race in that class and ours wont be affected.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Ok as I respect each person opinion kinda (NuthinFancy91) I have a question. So with this, are they gonna band all bodies that have been created and races spent upto $100 getting it painted or wrapped? So it means that racers will only have to use this old looking no style, 1970's body on there ride twice a season , nats (if you run) and regionals. But I will have to spend another $100 on another body just race......naaaaaaaaaaaa you guys have fun, its not worth it.

25+ years, you don't think that times change, your probably one of those "old timers" that don't like Hybrid Cars either. It called evolution and if things never changed we will still be cave monkeys killing mammoths with wooden spears. I don't care about he bodies, its the point that ROAR is ruining the evolution of of this hobby. There is nothing no one can tell me that will make me believe that these bodies are faster that a "real" looking body. I think that if there's enough interest, then pro-line and others should should make old school bodies for you or you can push to have a Classic Class so you can race all the OLD stuff together and don't have to worry about looking bad in front of the NEW stuff. I will just stick to the RC PRO Series....

Last edited by geejay; 03-23-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

"Opinions are like a$$-holes, everyone has one."

The reality is, a governance body is required for all types of racing and ROAR is that group for this RC region. Kudos to ROAR for keeping things in check.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I dont care if they look real or not, just not ugly.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madweazl
I guess I'm just an old timer that doesnt get it anymore

The buggies still resemble a class 1 vehicle for me. I'd love to see the current cab forward truggy bodies get canned.

ROAR is around to keep a level playing field. If they werent here, you couldnt afford to race. If you like the crazy bodies, push for an unlimited class so you can run what ever you want. You can make your 1/8 5lbs, 5" wheels, 16" wide, and 3' long. Dont change what has been in place for 25+ years, just push for another class. If people want to run the lame bodies they can race in that class and ours wont be affected.

It is quite a stretch to equate a lexan body to having out of spec tires, track width, weight, etc. I have no problems with basic rules to govern the basic layout of a car - weight, width, wheel diameter, etc. I just think body types are something that adds personality to a car, have very little effect on performance, and basically is just being regulated to be regulated.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Edumakated
It is quite a stretch to equate a lexan body to having out of spec tires, track width, weight, etc. I have no problems with basic rules to govern the basic layout of a car - weight, width, wheel diameter, etc. I just think body types are something that adds personality to a car, have very little effect on performance, and basically is just being regulated to be regulated.
+1000000000000000000000000

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.