Wiki Posts
Search

Some help please on idenifying this motor so i can get the right parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Some help please on idenifying this motor so i can get the right parts

I have been wanting to rebuild this motor for a while now. It's old like maybe more then 5 years. Friend gave it to me, and it was my first nitro motor. I did not know how to tune and i broke the rod. This engine is insane, great bashing motor. But there is a ofna force .26 (which some say this is) and there is a offna picco outlaw (which some say this is) I want to make sure i get the right parts.

I know people will say, "just junk it. You can get a new one for the same price". No you cant. The crank and bearings are in excellent condition. As a matter of fact, the quality and matierials seem VERY good. They look better then my O.S. mills anyway. I want to replace the P/S and rod. From what i can gather it should be a little over 100$$$

Ofna has several different .26's, and i know that all the parts are in fact not interchangable.

so here are some pics. as you can see it says "ofna pico" on the side. But i am sure ofna has different .26 with purple heads. Hope you guys can help idenifying the make and model for me.

Old 03-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

try this link... http://www.ofna.com/eng-picco-26.html scroll to the bottom and a part # is listed.. either pull start or bump box start... jeremy
Old 03-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

I have seen that pic. But, when i go to order the parts from nitro house or elsewhere, will it be under ofna/pico .26?? They also have a force .26 and a JL reddot .26, and a .26 max. I cant find parts for a ofna/picco .26 outlaw big block non pull start engine.

which one is this???

thanks for the help.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:05 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Yep that is a Picco OutLaw Good motor with Tons of POWER i ran one on a Losi L8ight Model Some.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jer7469
try this link... http://www.ofna.com/eng-picco-26.html scroll to the bottom and a part # is listed.. either pull start or bump box start... jeremy
nevermind. Thank you so much. I got it.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

the prices on the ofna site are VERY expensive. I can get the con rod for 20$, and a P/S set for like 75$ elsewhere. But i am not sure it's the same motor.

50$ for a connecting rod
Old 03-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

wright down all the part #'s and check through out the internet. check ebay or put a wtb add here on rctech... get me some part #'s and i will see what i can find... any time on the info. i know the nitro engines are a pain in the behind to find the correct parts for... i have done lots or "parts" finding for some of the off brand engines.. not saying there is anything wrong with them just harder to find replacement parts... jeremy
Old 03-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

having a hard time finding the con rod.

I found some parts on ebay. will see what i can get. I love ebay.

my wife does not
Old 03-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Is this engine as good? It's a pico .28, it's 229$ at amain. I am having trouble finding the parts for the outlaw .26

What about this one? And what kind of pipe would you use with it?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...bo-Race-Engine
Old 03-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Dreaux, buy a .21! If you want the stupid power of a picco, buy a picco .21 or a jammin JPX .21(same engine basically). The picco .21's are torque monsters and will get much better mileage than the .26+ engines. I know you just want it for bashing, but in a buggy you never need more than a .21. Actually you don't need more than a .21 in anything! Plus you might as well buy an engine that you can use to bash and race with. I'm sure the JPX .21 will satisfy your needs for insane power! Trust me, this engine is not like most .21's.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ine-Turbo-Plug
Old 03-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

I have been eyeballing that motor for a while. I have 2 ninjas and a freshly rebuilt vspec. I want something different. You have a point about the .21.

for pipes i have dynamite 086 losi re11 and re10

will any of these pipes work with it?

Kinda sucks that i can't find the parts for my other motor.

Oh well.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Elite

jammin, what do you like better. Buggy or truggy?

I am trying to get the funds together for a mbx6t and my next motor was going to be part of my truggy but not necessarily. I just can't afford it. But i can hope
Old 03-21-2010, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dreaux
I have been eyeballing that motor for a while. I have 2 ninjas and a freshly rebuilt vspec. I want something different. You have a point about the .21.

for pipes i have dynamite 086 losi re11 and re10

will any of these pipes work with it?

Kinda sucks that i can't find the parts for my other motor.

Oh well.
The 086 is awesome on the JPX .21! Not sure about the other two, but from my experience with a buddy's picco .21 the 086 is hard to beat on that engine. Really opens up the top end on that engine and the picco based engines are monsters down low to begin with.
Old 03-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dreaux
jammin, what do you like better. Buggy or truggy?

I am trying to get the funds together for a mbx6t and my next motor was going to be part of my truggy but not necessarily. I just can't afford it. But i can hope
To tell you the truth I love both! I have always been partial to the truggy because that was the first nitro car that I really raced seriously. Buggies are harder to drive and will really bring out the driver in you. Truggies are to me more fun to drive because you can drive them how you want and they never get out of shape. It's really hard to say which I like better. I like the challenge of driving the buggy, but the truggy is tons of fun to motor around.

That JPX .21 is an awesome truggy motor!