Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
can a to rich high speed needle >

can a to rich high speed needle

can a to rich high speed needle

Reply

Old 05-04-2010, 07:40 PM
  #46  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (41)
 
PsycoB4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,507
Trader Rating: 41 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
The 007 is not the same as the JP-1. Not sure who told you that, but they are far from the same. They are both low end/torque pipes but not the same. I don't know much about the OD engines, but a 7mm should be a good starting place for a venturi.
thats what it has in it now, and comes with an 8. Just dont knwo what i can do to get more out of her without ruining the life.. the person who sold me the pipe said they are the same pipe just get more milage from the dynamite. If you say they are different, how are they?
PsycoB4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:04 PM
  #47  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (95)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,414
Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by PsycoB4 View Post
thats what it has in it now, and comes with an 8. Just dont knwo what i can do to get more out of her without ruining the life.. the person who sold me the pipe said they are the same pipe just get more milage from the dynamite. If you say they are different, how are they?
guaranteed they are not the same internals , the 007ht (high torque) is best suited for truggy on small tracks

i will tell you not to expect too much out of the 3 port sport engine

the odonnell engine is a pretty decent little taiwan engine fershur
houston is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:09 PM
  #48  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by houston View Post
guaranteed they are not the same internals , the 007ht (high torque) is best suited for truggy on small tracks

i will tell you not to expect too much out of the 3 port sport engine

the odonnell engine is a pretty decent little taiwan engine fershur
Agreed, very NOT the same! If you look at the two side by side, it is simple to see the huge differences in shape. Not even counting the internals, the dimensions are far different. By the way, the 007 was actually originally a losi RTR pipe. Dynamite just re-badged it and now sells it in their "platinum" line. It is not a pipe I would really recommend for anything.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:01 PM
  #49  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (52)
 
Jaz240's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dwindle city
Posts: 12,494
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

Your entire tune will start and end with your idle gap. If your gap is set wrong you will always be too rich or too lean trying to get your engine to run right. Set your gap correctly and then tune from there. After you get it make minor adjustments to your idle to bring it all together. Too many people tune the low end to compensate for a bad idle setting. Never more than 1 mm idle gap is a good starting point for a fully broken in engine and make sure it does not close at full brake
Jaz240 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:31 AM
  #50  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 330
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
i know some engines tune different, but i can tell you for a fact anything more then 2 turns out on a jx is too lean. I don't care what the humidity or altitude is. 2 turns out MAYBE. but that is still too lean. Mine stays around 2 1/4 most of the time give or take an hour. All my o.s. engines do

the jx runs colder then the vspec. I had the same problem for a long time until i realized it was not a problem. One of the best drivers in my area runs nothing but jx's and he temps about 175 after a main. I think it has something to do with that oversized block or lightened cooling head. I would always try to lean it out to get it hotter, DONT! You will ruin your engine.

If anything go in on your LSN but anything more then 3 1/8 is getting too lean.
thks yes some engines tune different ............i remember my jx21 the LSN is 3 1/2 from close so i guess i need to lean it (little bit) more & adjust the idle...........i want to hit at least the 220f if not then i dont bother the needles anymore
mbx5rcr34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 12:56 AM
  #51  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
merdith6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brazoria, TX
Posts: 2,350
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default your dang right

Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
Your entire tune will start and end with your idle gap. If your gap is set wrong you will always be too rich or too lean trying to get your engine to run right. Set your gap correctly and then tune from there. After you get it make minor adjustments to your idle to bring it all together. Too many people tune the low end to compensate for a bad idle setting. Never more than 1 mm idle gap is a good starting point for a fully broken in engine and make sure it does not close at full brake
Get er done...Tell em....Everytime I tune someones engine the high speed is too lean, the bottom is fat, and the idle is too far open. That's why you see those guys revving their engines till the gate drops, or their engine will die, then after the second pit or they flip and get the slow marshall, the cold gas kills it, flame on brothers....
merdith6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:16 AM
  #52  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (41)
 
PsycoB4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island
Posts: 2,507
Trader Rating: 41 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by houston View Post
guaranteed they are not the same internals , the 007ht (high torque) is best suited for truggy on small tracks

i will tell you not to expect too much out of the 3 port sport engine

the odonnell engine is a pretty decent little taiwan engine fershur
Thank You Houston, and why do you say that about a 3 port Engine?
Im a little confused on that. Are you saying If you want to race or have a race
engine you need more ports?

I love this Mil, very easy to tune and Fast as hell. Very smooth, But It is only my 3rd engine haha. Guess I have to try some more.
PsycoB4 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service