Wiki Posts
Search

can a to rich high speed needle

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY
The 007 is not the same as the JP-1. Not sure who told you that, but they are far from the same. They are both low end/torque pipes but not the same. I don't know much about the OD engines, but a 7mm should be a good starting place for a venturi.
thats what it has in it now, and comes with an 8. Just dont knwo what i can do to get more out of her without ruining the life.. the person who sold me the pipe said they are the same pipe just get more milage from the dynamite. If you say they are different, how are they?
Old 05-04-2010, 08:04 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PsycoB4
thats what it has in it now, and comes with an 8. Just dont knwo what i can do to get more out of her without ruining the life.. the person who sold me the pipe said they are the same pipe just get more milage from the dynamite. If you say they are different, how are they?
guaranteed they are not the same internals , the 007ht (high torque) is best suited for truggy on small tracks

i will tell you not to expect too much out of the 3 port sport engine

the odonnell engine is a pretty decent little taiwan engine fershur
Old 05-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
guaranteed they are not the same internals , the 007ht (high torque) is best suited for truggy on small tracks

Agreed, very NOT the same! If you look at the two side by side, it is simple to see the huge differences in shape. Not even counting the internals, the dimensions are far different. By the way, the 007 was actually originally a losi RTR pipe. Dynamite just re-badged it and now sells it in their "platinum" line. It is not a pipe I would really recommend for anything.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Your entire tune will start and end with your idle gap. If your gap is set wrong you will always be too rich or too lean trying to get your engine to run right. Set your gap correctly and then tune from there. After you get it make minor adjustments to your idle to bring it all together. Too many people tune the low end to compensate for a bad idle setting. Never more than 1 mm idle gap is a good starting point for a fully broken in engine and make sure it does not close at full brake
Old 05-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
i know some engines tune different, but i can tell you for a fact anything more then 2 turns out on a jx is too lean. I don't care what the humidity or altitude is. 2 turns out MAYBE. but that is still too lean. Mine stays around 2 1/4 most of the time give or take an hour. All my o.s. engines do

the jx runs colder then the vspec. I had the same problem for a long time until i realized it was not a problem. One of the best drivers in my area runs nothing but jx's and he temps about 175 after a main. I think it has something to do with that oversized block or lightened cooling head. I would always try to lean it out to get it hotter, DONT! You will ruin your engine.

If anything go in on your LSN but anything more then 3 1/8 is getting too lean.
thks yes some engines tune different ............i remember my jx21 the LSN is 3 1/2 from close so i guess i need to lean it (little bit) more & adjust the idle...........i want to hit at least the 220f if not then i dont bother the needles anymore
Old 05-05-2010, 12:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default your dang right

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Your entire tune will start and end with your idle gap. If your gap is set wrong you will always be too rich or too lean trying to get your engine to run right. Set your gap correctly and then tune from there. After you get it make minor adjustments to your idle to bring it all together. Too many people tune the low end to compensate for a bad idle setting. Never more than 1 mm idle gap is a good starting point for a fully broken in engine and make sure it does not close at full brake
Get er done...Tell em....Everytime I tune someones engine the high speed is too lean, the bottom is fat, and the idle is too far open. That's why you see those guys revving their engines till the gate drops, or their engine will die, then after the second pit or they flip and get the slow marshall, the cold gas kills it, flame on brothers....
Old 05-05-2010, 06:16 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 42 (96%+)

Originally Posted by houston

Thank You Houston, and why do you say that about a 3 port Engine?
Im a little confused on that. Are you saying If you want to race or have a race
engine you need more ports?

I love this Mil, very easy to tune and Fast as hell. Very smooth, But It is only my 3rd engine haha. Guess I have to try some more.