Wiki Posts
Search

Need help finding rear traction with my 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 12:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey show! The only person that gave you good advice was Alan Burton.
Your car can only be as good as your build...Now, I know for a fact, that Alan is a top notch losi man and I bet he will agree with what I'm about to say...Adam Drake and Mike Truhe have put in a ton of R and D hours on the 2.0...follow either of their set ups to the tee...just make sure all the parts are free of any bind...ANY BIND.
STOCK SET UP!!! I use Drakes for my base. The only thing I've changed is front caster blocks (12 degree). Usually run 3 degree anti squat and the biggest tuning I do to my buggy is ride hight and front camber for more or less steering(turning)
Follow the stock set up and you will find your 2.0 will be easy as mine to set up at any track.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I see lots of recommendations for upping the rear diff fluid. This just seems like the wrong solution to me. Vice correcting the rear end of the car, you're taking away steering. I could see doing this if you have exhausted everything you can do out back already but that isnt the case.

The 2mm hexes and rear diff change are preventing the car from rotating which apparently is good for now but will probably hurt lap times down the road.

Start with tires.