Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Leighton Dillard memorial fund...please read! >

Leighton Dillard memorial fund...please read!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leighton Dillard memorial fund...please read!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)
Default Leighton Dillard memorial fund...please read!

RC Brethren,
As many of you are now aware, we lost a member of the RC community March 5th, 2010 at the Psycho Nitro Blast, when Leighton Dillard suffered a massive heart attack while on the driver's stand. For those that were there it was a sobering moment to witness. Bob Wall and others labored for 20 minutes to save his life before being relieved by the EMT's. However, they were unable to revive him. He leaves behind a family that is in dire need of financial support. I have personally donated to the Leighton Dillard fund and urge all that can to please donate as much as you are able.

Please follow the information below if you are able to make a contribution:

1. SAVE 5% THIS WEEKEND AND WE WILL DONATE 5%!
Carolinas R/C will match your 5% Savings in the form of a donation made directly to the Dillard family.
Example: If you make an order of $100.00, you will save $5.00, and we will donate $5.00 to the Dillard family.
DISCOUNT CODE: DILLARD5
This applies to all orders placed between Friday, 3/12 - Sunday, 3/14.

2. DONATE DIRECTLY TO THE FAMILY'S PAYPAL ACCOUNT!
The Dillard family has given their Paypal account address so that members of the RC community can help them directly.
The Paypal address is [email protected]
Please give as generously as you are able to do so. Whether it is $1 or $100, any and all donations are appreciated!

3. OTHER
Chris Pace and Brandon Melton of Team Associated/J-Concepts have donated their RC8T truggies to be auctioned off, with all proceeds going to the family. Ollie and Dave from Psycho Nitro Blast raised over $1800 last weekend at their race for the family. If you have items to be auctioned, fundraising ideas, or any other ideas, please contact us at [email protected] and we will get you in touch with the appropriate person.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this information and contribute to the cause.

Gob bless you all,

Chad Morgan
Old 03-14-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was able to donate $5, it's not much but I hope it helps. Leightons family is in my family's prayers.
Old 03-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 227 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shanty140
I was able to donate $5, it's not much but I hope it helps. Leightons family is in my family's prayers.
Shanty, thank you, as every little bit counts. I am sure they can use all of our prayers as they struggle through this very difficult time!

Thank you,
Chad