Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Its just standard clay...but its just very well taken care of. On the last track layout we ran, I ran blues in front the entire time...even up til the last week before the rebuild and there was no traction. I guess it just depends on the day, layout and how I'm feeling. I'm one of those guys that makes a change betweek every practice run and every qualifier...and usually, the last 2-3 weeks of that particular layout, I'm flying....usually. Anywhoo, I'm very happy with the car now. I think that 2-B is a much better position than 3-B...the car rolls very nicely through the turns. Now if I could only get a charger that works properly....

Yes, I am running stock P2K2. And I also ran the 86-17, it was great! here's the track I run on. www.amainraceway.com
Old 04-24-2004, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Haha..then that's our big difference. I find a setup I'm comfortable with, and never change it.

The setup we run on our gas trucks (Adam Drake's standard setup..haha) is the same at Hemet as it is at Hot Rod..
Old 04-24-2004, 12:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

what am I supposed to ask you aaron?? haha.. j/k
Old 04-24-2004, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

I have a question... what is your real name?
Old 04-24-2004, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Aaron,

Ideally, on a high bite, pretty tight track such as the one I race on...is the (rear shock location) 2-inside with pink, 35-55 the way to go? It feels good, but is there a better location that is more suited for tighter tracks? Or am I running the tight track setup already?

Actually, a better question...the tighter the track is, how should the setup be addapted to suite the conditions...generally?

Thanks!
Old 04-25-2004, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

warpig - This is my real name!

mafia - The setup I posted works best on faster and blue-groove tracks. It doesn't really work on tighter tracks, because it makes the truck easy to drive..

If you're racing at a tight track all the time, just stick with the setup with green or blue springs up front.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

aaron.. I was just kidding man..
Old 04-25-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

hahaha
Old 04-25-2004, 12:40 PM
Tech Regular

Whats up Aaron, this is Tony Corless, I met you when I went to the Reedy Truck Race with Shaun, Tiffany and family.

For anyone that doesn't know, from the perspective of an outsider, Aaron is a nice kid, an excellent representative for his sponsors, wise beyond his years, not to mention a damn good driver!!

OK heres a good question for you since I know you are in close contact with Adam, and I probably asked you guys this already but oh well...

what's the main reasoning for the setup differences between the electric and gas trucks???
Old 04-25-2004, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Thats a good question

Tony, when are you getting back out to A-main? Only 2 weeks left in the indoor track. Do you know when Mark is setting up AERO?

-Chris Woods
Old 04-25-2004, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Tony - What up dude? You should cruise on down here for the Shootout in July.

The biggest difference is just the weight distribution and the way that weight transfers with the gas truck..much higher CG, and the engine sits in the back and everything..

That's basically it.

Do you have AIM or anything? If so, hit me up.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Post Regarding Setup

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
Haha..then that's our big difference. I find a setup I'm comfortable with, and never change it.

Aaron: That's quite interesting. Would you say you do this across the board with all your Off-Road kits - Gas & Electric??? As you probably already know, Cavalieri for the most part is the same way. He finds a setup he likes and usually keeps it. He would rather adjust his driving style to the track's conditions rather than mess around with the cars setup.

Old 04-26-2004, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, thats my only problem. I'm not getting any better as a dirver, so I have to compensate with an endless stream of setup changes...oh well, at least it keeps me busy...
Old 04-26-2004, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

I don't really ever change anything. If my car is quite a ways off the pace, and a simple change will make the car or truck easier to drive fast, then I will do that..but 99% of the time, I use the same setup.

Most of the Losi team does this with all of their cars as well.

mafia - Constantly making changes won't allow your driving skills to mature..you'll be too busy compensating for all of the changes you make.
Old 04-26-2004, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Good call....I ran kinwalds truck setup for a long time without changing it for our last layout and the truck felt awesome. I'll go back to that as I liked it a lot...and try my best not to change it. Your insight is always trusted.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.