Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Ask Aaron Waldron >

Ask Aaron Waldron

Ask Aaron Waldron

Old 07-16-2004, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

I'm not racing in the Worlds..I'm going there to be Adam's mechanic!
Old 07-16-2004, 02:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default TIRES AND TOWELS

LOL... YOU SHOULD BE RACING... GOOD LUCK TO ADAM DRAKE AND EARL!!!!
Old 07-16-2004, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

I can't wait..it's gonna be a blast!

I just stopped by the LHS and picked up a couple mags that had my ugly mug in them. I noticed that pretty much every picture I've taken for a mag..I'm wearing my sunglasses!
Old 07-16-2004, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Hey Aaron, congrats on your recent great finishes! I had a couple of quick questions for a Losi expert like yourself. First, does the new MF2 body fit on the older XXX-T's and MFE's? Second, does Losi sell universal shaft kits for the XXX-T? Would the MF2 ones fit my old MF1 edition? Thanks for your help!
Old 07-16-2004, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Tha Black Square - what up. I've heard Iceland is cold and rainy this time of year. i think i'll stay in Denver
Old 07-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Hahaha..staying in Denver to escape cold weather..that's odd.

Juan - Thanks! The new body will drop right onto the old truck. The new MF2 rebuildable axles will work on the old truck, but they will make the rear end wider than the legal limit (which will also take away steering).

LOS A-3090 is the part number for the XXX-T dogbone and yoke. LOS A-3015 is the part number for the old axles. LOS A-3031 is the new axle.
Old 07-17-2004, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default need help

hey aaron i just run up on a torque sleeve it say it will give you more torque but low rpm do it work you put it on the can of the motor if it work i can use some more torque
Old 07-17-2004, 08:11 PM
Tech Adept

hey is there an official xxx-t thread??? I cant find it
Old 07-17-2004, 11:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yo Aaron--

Which Wasp were you recommending? They have an offroad version .12 side exhaust....I'm assuming it's this one...

Thanks!
Old 07-18-2004, 12:02 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Aaron! Thanks for coming out to the track.
How did you like the atmosphere at Shorter R/c Raceway?
Sorry I didn't have a chance to chat...<e and Shorter were making a deal with Ron for our Golden State Champ Tropies and TQ MUGS.
Old 07-18-2004, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

I just got back from the Jimmy Babcock Racing League round #1 at Hemet..wow, electric racing at one of the premier nitro tracks in the country! It was a total kick throwing roost with a mod buggy..haha. I ended up TQ'ing mod truck, and won both mod 2wd and mod truck. Check www.jimmybabcock.com later this week for details on the race.

nitro kid - If it's what I've seen..it's a magnetic sleeve that you wrap around the can. No one runs them anymore, and it will stop the motor from getting proper cooling. You probably won't notice the difference either.

utracer - There are a couple XXX-T and MF2 threads floating around. If you have any technical questions about them (or any Losi product) you can ask them here..I've had some experience with Losi cars..haha.

nutfluff - Yup, that's the one!

notch - I really like what you guys have done to the place..it's a lot more laidback than it used to be, and I think that will help bring people back. I just really hope the turnout starts to pick up.
Old 07-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Tech Addict

Was Kyle the overall winner for Mod Truck last series?

As far as the turn out I concur.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

Joe won truck last series, Kyle was second.

Next on the Aaron Waldron busy schedule of R/C Events..

July 24th - Saturday Series Round 3 at Pro-Line in Banning, CA
July 31st - Team Jammin/OFNA leaves for the 2004 IFMAR Worlds. Our flight to London leaves at 6PM!

(The worst part? Sure..we leave at 6PM on the 31st. We arrive in London at noon on the 1st, then fly to Copenhagen, Denmark, and then drive to Furuland, Sweden. Can you say MESSED UP SLEEP SCHEDULE?!)
Old 07-19-2004, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 212 (100%+)

Aaron,
Hey bud, I want to thank you for your help at The Dirt this weekend with my sons BK2. Was that a awesome track or what. Joey knows DIRT!! Danno's buggy was the one with the radio glitching problems. As you saw, he went from TQ to last in the mains. Is it possible for a motor to cause his problems? I know other graphite chassis buggys were having problems too. Or mabey it was the 100+ degree temp! The second receiver we put in it was from my MF XXX-T, and no problems when it was in there.We're going to run it at our track and see if it's still getting hits, if so, mabey we'll try a plastic chassis
Good grub on Saturday night, huh? Hope to see you at some of Jimmys other races, when you catch up on your sleep
Fran
Old 07-19-2004, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

I'm always there to help! Joey puts on some of the best races in the U.S...and his tracks are always second to none. I love racing there any chance I get!

The motor can definitely cause radio problems, because they create so much electric noise. Your best bet is always just to start replacing electronics with other ones that you know work correctly. It could be a bad reciever, crystal, motor, or even a shorted out servo. The temperature shouldn't have caused it to glitch..a graphite chassis can, but it's not hard to safe-guard against it. When you get it figured out, let me know what you did, so I'll be able to help the next person who glitches!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.