Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigedmond
hay aaron, when you out here, you should stop by the sin city rc track. It is like nothing you have ever driven on. Offroad track, but with the tracion of a carpet. If you do want to check it, bring some old tires, because they will go bald, and you will still have to much traction.

in case you dont know hes a factory losi driver he doesnt care if new/old tires go bald cause hell have 6 more set with him
Old 03-16-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robert.Hull
in case you dont know hes a factory losi driver he doesnt care if new/old tires go bald cause hell have 6 more set with him
I know who aaron is, thank you. Im just trying to say, out dirt track has more traction then you know what to do with.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Do they run slicks on it?
Old 03-16-2007, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

This is probably old news now - but well done Aaron with your result at Revelation Raceway. Beating the Drake must feel pretty good, even if he is your team mate! I only just found out about it!!

-- 1/8 BUGGY EXP - A Main --
Pos Car Laps time name id
1 2 24 10:00.69 AARON WALDON 31
2 1 24 10:01.31 ADAM DRAKE 132
Old 03-16-2007, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Aaron, How do I get the tappeered flywheel collet without buying another flywheel?
Old 03-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Do they run slicks on it?
You can run slicks if you want. I took out my 8ight on it last night, and with tires that i would use to break in motors on the street, ran on the dirt. my only problem was traction rolling, but using a little more brake will fix that problem.
Old 03-16-2007, 01:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Power Supply Recommendation

Aaron: What power supply/supplies do you recommend for our 12V chargers? My 15-year-old power supply just died and I would like to get a new smaller/lighter one that I can run a couple of chargers off of. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

RBMike - You can't buy the "8IGHT" collet without the flywheel, but I think the gas truck collet is the same thing? It's A-9376.

Factory Seal - I'm sure Losi will introduce more tire patterns later. I haven't heard of anything in the works yet.

bigedmond - I don't know if we'll make it out there, I'm running three classes at Silver State and the days are usually pretty long. Maybe if I go out there for the electric race?

I raced at MnM back in the mid-late 90's, where you ran slicks soaked in Buggy Grip. It was awesome.

Horatio - Thanks! Traffic was pretty tough that night and Adam finished the race with a pretty wounded car. I don't think I would've beat him otherwise.

Tomorrow night is the final round of that points series and I think Adam already has it locked up. I should finish 2nd though.

Brownie - I use Novak's Black Box power supplies for all my chargers. They're really small, easy to pack, and reliable.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

you should finish 2nd in points but i will try to make you get third in points..
Old 03-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Haha. I'm not even going to attempt to do the math to figure out where you'd have to finish to get that accomplished.

Although if you're running your new buggy, by all means, best of luck!
Old 03-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
Haha. I'm not even going to attempt to do the math to figure out where you'd have to finish to get that accomplished.

Although if you're running your new buggy, by all means, best of luck!
i am just messing with you Aaron, i am 4 points behind you gonna be hard to out qualify and beat you in the main.......................i am just happy to keep up..............................
Old 03-17-2007, 02:34 AM
Tech Elite

I think you're 8 points back? Hahaha.

You've driven really well each time I've seen you there, for sure.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Racin

nobike and Aaron,Letting you two know you made my day with those two post.......ROFLMAO!!!
Good to see the old
Racing Spirit alive and well.....Not counting, can't do the math my foot..LOL!
Thats some funny stuff!

Anyway,Isnt it great to have so much FUN racin toy car's!!

Aaron,How the @$#%&* do i get the red threadlock off??
Old 03-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

I ALWAYS have fun. This is a hobby for me. I go to big races all the time and see people get upset and fired up and throwing equipment and yelling and fighting with people. I got a whole list of bad words screamed at me while practicing Thursday...I didn't even know what to say.

I can understand being competitive, and being bummed out over making mistakes. I do it all the time (I'm my own biggest critic.) But every time I get upset at the track I take a big step back and remember why I'm doing this.

If you're not having fun playing with toy cars. you need to find a new hobby. And probably a therapist.

I'm sure I'll talk a lot more smack to Mike tonight when we're at the track, but I was trying to keep it PC, for the internet. HAHA!

Oh, the loctite.... You have to get it hot to break down the loctite. Use a lighter (or sometimes a soldering iron, but be careful!) to heat up the screw, and it will help you get it loose.
Old 03-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Aaron

What is the deal with the cutting of the wheels on truggy's? is there an advantage? is it a waste of time? Roar legal? and how much are they shaving off? I have four sets I bought from a guy and to me it looks like a heck of alot of work, but if it works Im game.

Thanks for your time
Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.