Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Everyone's using the "Heavy Duty" captured ends.....havn't you tried the "Monster" captured ends?? They are so big they look like a joke!! But you'll never experience any flex, stretch or things of that nature.....next time you're at your LHS....look for "MONSTER" ends from Dubro.

MONSTER
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXJGT9&P=7

Heavy Duty
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXFPW7&P=7

If yall every listen to one thing I ever say on this thread....believe you me on this one!!
Old 08-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I say save your money get the stock ones and stay outta the pipes.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jbrow1
I say save your money get the stock ones and stay outta the pipes.
So,,,,, if we were all as good as you,,, we would'nt need turn marshalls!!

I had the "heavy duty" dubros on the truck and one of them looks as though it stretched. He never hit any pipes, but he did land awkward on some jumps. I had heard that Adam Drake was using a Mugen captured end so I was hoping someone knew for sure. Thanks everyone.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

If you were as good as me you'd be racing an ae. My point was not that I am good, because I am very in the middle of sucking and not sucking. If you hit stuff they're gonna pop, break, snap whatever. If you're breaking the heavy duty ones ya might want to go captured ends for awhile. Landings will do strange things also. One track I go to I always end up bending my rear hinge pins for the a-arm carriers until they look like an S. It's beyond me how those pins can bend like that and nothing break.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Tech Addict

If you were as good as me you'd be racing an ae.

We have had ae,,, they are trash compared to Losi. Look at my Avatar and my Screen name. Take the time to build a Losi kit and see the difference yourself. There are tricks for every brand not just stock everything. How about a smart answer to a question and not a smarta$$ one.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:16 PM
Tech Elite

I wanted to see how you'd react to that. I gave you some constructive critisism above. And really it was a reply to mafiaracers post. If I told you to slow down you'd probably write back and tell me I'm being a smartmouth again. And honestly that's the best racing advice anybody could give you. Or if I said you won't win the race at the start but you sure can lose it, you'd probably say I'm wrong again. What if I told you to sweep it, not scrub it what do you say about that? Those are the three best things any fast guy has told me in my opinion. I don't care what anybody drives. I don't think one is better than the other. I am seriously considering going with losi cars next year, but am not sure yet. I'm not trying to be a jerk, anymore than you are. Maybe it's not coming across that way. Oh well.
Old 08-07-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

I appreciate a reply that is not so harsh. I reccomend the Losi kits. The engineering is better. Like I said, there are tricks with every kit to make them better. The trick I was told to do was the titanium ballstuds and the captured ends, both makes perfect since. 10th. scale trucks are so heavy and hit hard on larger fast tracks and jumps. I have jeard that Adam Drake runs some kind of Mugen captured ball ends. I was hoping to get the part# from someone. see ya
Old 08-08-2005, 10:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Mugen Ends

The Mugen captured ends are (H0855/C0502). The captured ends(H0855) and the Pivot Balls (C0502) come separately so you you will have to order both. I ordered mine through NitroHouse. They will know what you want even if you dont have the Parts number. Locally in Calif, ARC Raceway in Murrietta carries them right on the shelf. I use them in the rear with Super Duties. They work great and last longer that the Dubros. I also was going to try the Grey cups that Losi is now selling (Part# 6016). As well as the captured ends work(handling the heat from a side exhaust), the flaw with them is long races. If you break the outside ballcup your done. With the ball cups you can replace the whole turnbuckle with a ready made spare and get back in the race in seconds.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:46 AM
Tech Regular

I had to do a little dremel work in order for the screw to fit in the ball.lo
but you wont get any slop with the mugen ends and balls, if you use any other balls such as traxxes you will get slop. I have broken many mugen captured ends, and am going to try the Durbo monsters that everyone is running I havnt herd of any failures with those. As far as the grey ball cups they work great, way better then the white, but I still wouldnt put them on my rear, I popped three this past weekend on my front.(probaly a good thing if they didnt pop i woould of broke something)
Old 08-09-2005, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

I also use the Mugen captured ends i have only broken one during a race.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:04 AM
Tech Adept

Part# 2317 Dubro 4-40 Monster Balls

those are the captured ends you want. They do not break & they do not get sloppy/wear very quick. They will last longer than ball cups. Just use a #4 spacer behind the ball(shock tower) & the big washer that comes with it on the (rear hub) to keep it from binding. You have to use lunsford super duty turnbuckles with them. I use the white losi cups & up front & the monsters in the rear.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Regular

I use the new grey ball cups.I keep my rod ends fresh by re-placing them when they get out of shape and don't fit the ball tightly.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for all the replies. I think I will try the Mugens.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

I have tried them all & the dubro Monster balls are the best. Will not break & will not wear. All the others broke or got sloppy real quick. I have been running the same dubros since Feburary. No slop.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Is Waldo still running 2W at the worlds?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.