R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   AKA Customer Service (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/379341-aka-customer-service.html)

shanty140 03-12-2010 04:51 PM

AKA Customer Service

Hey,

I just bought a set of AKA Premount Gridirons and the 2 of the tire beads are almost completely off out of the package. Basically looks to have a bad batch of glue. And I am not sure if even the rest of the tire bead will hold when I actually run the tire. Has anyone had experience with AKA on customer service? It wouldn't be a huge problem normally but I suck at gluing tires and have no tire glue to fix them anyways. By no means am I trying to dis AKA as they make great products and is the first problem I have had with them.

Thanks

Alan D. 03-12-2010 05:13 PM

My friend sent in a set of rims that cracked (they were premounts) and he got a new set and his old set back. AKA customer service is pretty darn good.:D

losi_racer 03-12-2010 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by shanty140 (Post 7128348)
Hey,

I just bought a set of AKA Premount Gridirons and the 2 of the tire beads are almost completely off out of the package. Basically looks to have a bad batch of glue. And I am not sure if even the rest of the tire bead will hold when I actually run the tire. Has anyone had experience with AKA on customer service? It wouldn't be a huge problem normally but I suck at gluing tires and have no tire glue to fix them anyways. By no means am I trying to dis AKA as they make great products and is the first problem I have had with them.

Thanks

ive never dealt with the customer service part but ive heard its great

dishsoap 03-12-2010 05:58 PM

Call them. They will send you a new pair. Take a pic of them and post it on the aka thread.

easyryder 03-12-2010 06:00 PM

AKA= great, nobody is perfect:)

shanty140 03-12-2010 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by easyryder (Post 7128575)
AKA= great, nobody is perfect:)

Like I said I have nothing against AKA. I have bought tons of there products and this is the first time I had a problem. This is a very small problem compared to all the good they have done for me.

Thanks guys

Stubbs 03-12-2010 07:57 PM

I had some premounts crack during a race (first run on the them). I called AKA the following Monday & told them what happened. Mark Pavidas spoke with me about some issues that they were having with the yellow rims, and asked me to ship them out to him. 3 days after they received the package, I had a brand new set on my front porch at no cost.

AKA products are great....AKA customer service is outstanding.

kelvinml 03-13-2010 08:54 AM

AKA customer service is great. I have dealt with them twice on the phone also with Mark Pavidas about some problems with some slash 1/8 adapters . The problem was the nuts that were breaking very easily. Spoke to Mark about it and he said they had a bad prodution run that the company was hardening the metal too much.

He sent me out some some extra nuts with no questions asked . Got them in a few days. Top notch!!!!:nod:

tony montana 03-13-2010 04:08 PM

aka service is second to none. they took care of me with a small issue I had. And they went above and beyond

Integra 03-14-2010 12:26 PM

As others have said...they WILL take care of you........Gil Losi is a Overly Nice guy to deal with and is extremely nice in person...Thx for the wheels Gil. ;)