R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME!!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/378843-if-you-build-they-will-come.html)

average "joe" 03-11-2010 12:23 AM

IF YOU BUILD IT THEY WILL COME!!!!!!!!!!!

I would like to see a layout at Revalation Raceway built by "THE DIRT" the place would go OFFFF!!!!!

fatdaddy 03-11-2010 06:34 AM

so why dont you tell them, and not all of us ;)

smb17 03-11-2010 07:36 AM

:lol::lol:

average "joe" 03-11-2010 07:44 AM

this is what open forums are for

Originally Posted by fatdaddy (Post 7121488)
so why dont you tell them, and not all of us ;)

yes I agree but the individual that owns the track doesnt seem to listen Im hoping he sees this and puts it into action because he is a great person and the facility could be great

geejay 03-11-2010 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by average "joe" (Post 7121765)
yes I agree but the individual that owns the track doesnt seem to listen Im hoping he sees this and puts it into action because he is a great person and the facility could be great

whos going to pay Joey to build the track, I really dont think that he just travels and do it for free. And having a track built by, JOEY, will not be cheap. So whos gonna pay for the track.......

smb17 03-11-2010 08:09 AM

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I've always had fun going there. The reason they haven't been putting the big jumps is because of the economy and to keep people from breaking parts. I do miss the big jumps though. :( The layouts have always been fine though.

geejay 03-11-2010 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by smb17 (Post 7121879)
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I've always had fun going there. The reason they haven't been putting the big jumps is because of the economy and to keep people from breaking parts. I do miss the big jumps though. :( The layouts have always been fine though.

Weak excuse IMO........................... We cant use the economy excuse for every thing.

average "joe" 03-11-2010 08:26 AM

SHOW ME THE MONEY

Originally Posted by geejay (Post 7121864)
whos going to pay Joey to build the track, I really dont think that he just travels and do it for free. And having a track built by, JOEY, will not be cheap. So whos gonna pay for the track.......

This is the EZ part you could do a number of things
1. Have a volunteer list
2. all the sponsors on the track walls call them and split the cost to have the track built,,(if the track is not packed their signage means nothing)
3.Have a day where you have evryone drop a favorite layout in a box and review them and then put it into action people want a nice track.
4.To get people to do this give a discount to the drivers in the pro shop or free practice for the people who help.
5.it doesnt have to be Joey it is just an example
6. be positive that you do make a difference your opinion does matter.

The list goes on you could have it set in stone that on one sunday it will get done open the track up at 6 am and have the taco lady come and evryone who wants to help show up with a shovle ,broom ,whatever just help make it better,I really think this is a good point.
Find the guy who built Hesperia's Track at funtime its off the hook!!!

fatdaddy 03-11-2010 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by average "joe" (Post 7121765)

theres your answer right there. if youre thinking it. its almost a guarantee thats its come up a bunch of times before.

that, and its definitely not cheap to get Joey to build the track, but you get what you pay for :nod:

geejay 03-11-2010 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by average "joe" (Post 7121953)
This is the EZ part you could do a number of things
1. Have a volunteer list
2. all the sponsors on the track walls call them and split the cost to have the track built,,(if the track is not packed their signage means nothing)
3.Have a day where you have evryone drop a favorite layout in a box and review them and then put it into action people want a nice track.
4.To get people to do this give a discount to the drivers in the pro shop or free practice for the people who help.
5.it doesnt have to be Joey it is just an example
6. be positive that you do make a difference your opinion does matter.

The list goes on you could have it set in stone that on one sunday it will get done open the track up at 6 am and have the taco lady come and evryone who wants to help show up with a shovle ,broom ,whatever just help make it better,I really think this is a good point.
Find the guy who built Hesperia's Track at funtime its off the hook!!!

Isnt this the track were all the BIG time million dollar pro practice?

kerribfree 03-11-2010 08:45 AM

Well I agree on the track maintenance part, There has been pot holes and kickers on the track for 3 weeks now. To where you cant even drive the lines because your car will flip and pop off the track out of no where. The kickers on all hte jumps make your car do back flips. The track not being maintained is defintaly Very hard on the cars. So if "breaking parts" was a concern then how come the track has not been maintained? I think they needs to invest in a roller and at least take care of the track more. Other track do work on them daily, I dont think at trev is monthly:( I love it and dont mean to bag but sometimes thing need to be said...

And I think the JOEY thing he just meant change things up....Like he said it was just an example as to the track needs a setup a littlem more interesting:)

kerribfree 03-11-2010 08:49 AM

And for $16 to practice is not cheap. I think the track should at least be maintained for that price.......... If the bad economy was even a thought , then how come its the most expensive place to race/practice????:confused:

geejay 03-11-2010 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by kerribfree (Post 7122051)
And for $16 to practice is not cheap. I think the track should at least be maintained for that price.......... If the bad economy was even a thought , then how come its the most expensive place to race/practice????:confused:

$16 bucks HOLLY Crap - yeah I would expect a perfect track too....:lol:

Matt Piva 03-11-2010 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by geejay (Post 7122114)

There prices r a lol over the average so cal track but it's still a good track done by the owner. I bet joeys tracks r not cheap to get done n that track he built in az was not for fun but to really test even the best of drivers. When u see the pro class having issues getting around the track u gotta wonder what it's gonna b like for u n me lol n what about ppl that just bought a car in his shop n go out there to try it out, ya there gonna have fun for 3 straits n then break there car. I liked the latest layout.

fatdaddy 03-11-2010 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by geejay (Post 7122114)

not just the track, but the whole facility is pretty crappy imo. the drivers stand has no cover for the drivers or the announcer. some of the boards in pit lane split and leave a large gap. ive heard that if you drop anything down there the owner refuses to pull up the board so you can retrieve your stuff. only once a year will he do it, and you have to be there to get your crap back if you want it. theres not nearly enough parking spots. so get there early, or park way down the street, or just park whereever you want like they did at JBRL last year. thankfully nobody had an emergency and had to leave quickly cause that would have been a clusterf**k if they did.

The only reason rev does as well as it does is because its centrally located in socal. but its really a shame because Thunder Alley is 100 times better of a facility than Rev. but nobody wants to drive the extra 30 minutes to get to it.

ive only been to Rev once for JBRL last year, and i wont ever be going back till JBRL this year

/rant