Search

Go .28, Need Go expert

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Go .28, Need Go expert

Ok,back ground,
i got this engine almost 2 years ago. It has maybe two gallons on it but they are hard gallons, i got the motor when it had 1/2 a gallon on it, i knew the guy personally so i know thats not a f'ed up number. I tried learning to tune with this thing, this engine also has many run aways due to radio issues. The last time it ran it caught fire due to a runaway and they slammed it to the ground which broke the clutchbell and sparked and it went up in flames and its been sitting since.

Well tonight i seen it so i tore it apart, inside looks pretty good, bearings are ok, not great but not bad. Im not looking to put money into this, i wont be racing this but it would be cool to have an engine to f around with.

My question is this, what is the recommended shimming for this engine, as well as glow plug and pipe? there is only one copper shim in it right now, idk the measurement, the glow plug is a standard is p8. Thanks for the help
Old 03-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by losi_racer
Ok,back ground,
i got this engine almost 2 years ago. It has maybe two gallons on it but they are hard gallons, i got the motor when it had 1/2 a gallon on it, i knew the guy personally so i know thats not a f'ed up number. I tried learning to tune with this thing, this engine also has many run aways due to radio issues. The last time it ran it caught fire due to a runaway and they slammed it to the ground which broke the clutchbell and sparked and it went up in flames and its been sitting since.

Well tonight i seen it so i tore it apart, inside looks pretty good, bearings are ok, not great but not bad. Im not looking to put money into this, i wont be racing this but it would be cool to have an engine to f around with.

My question is this, what is the recommended shimming for this engine, as well as glow plug and pipe? there is only one copper shim in it right now, idk the measurement, the glow plug is a standard is p8. Thanks for the help
I ran the GO 28 with 22 thou clearence, with P6 or 97T plug, also try an os or Nova carb, and it's a new motor as for tuning. I have a brand new 28 block and bearings if you want it, with head and carb, pay for shipping and it's your's, just lmk bud. Thanks, oh and for pipes, JP2, nova 2052 or 9886, 086
Old 03-08-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mr. Twister
I ran the GO 28 with 22 thou clearence, with P6 or 97T plug, also try an os or Nova carb, and it's a new motor as for tuning. I have a brand new 28 block and bearings if you want it, with head and carb, pay for shipping and it's your's, just lmk bud. Thanks, oh and for pipes, JP2, nova 2052 or 9886, 086
ill do that, btw do you have shims(.22 i guess) you can sell me?, paypal me the cost for shipping and if you have the shims as well, thanks. my paypal is [email protected].

as far as plugs i can do those, no biggie. i have a jp 2 pipe but not a big fan of those, i have a dyn and ofna 053, and a ae 2035, how do you think those will work.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

ill do that, btw do you have shims(.22 i guess) you can sell me?, paypal me the cost for shipping and if you have the shims as well, thanks. my paypal is [email protected].

as far as plugs i can do those, no biggie. i have a jp 2 pipe but not a big fan of those, i have a dyn and ofna 053, and a ae 2035, how do you think those will work.
use the 2035, it should be good with that, anything more topend oriented will help drive the thing better lol, I have more than enough of the shims i will send. I may even have a turbo button or 2
Old 03-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mr. Twister
use the 2035, it should be good with that, anything more topend oriented will help drive the thing better lol, I have more than enough of the shims i will send. I may even have a turbo button or 2
thanks brian, ill try different pipes to find what i like. anything you send is appreciated. you have a pm as well
Old 03-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

thanks brian, ill try different pipes to find what i like. anything you send is appreciated. you have a pm as well
got it, thanks bud