Wiki Posts
Search

Get Well Soon Brad "DOMIT" Smith

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default Get Well Soon Brad "DOMIT" Smith

Hi, I am starting this thread because a dear friend of myself and the RC community has been very badly injured this weekend. I would like to give many people who know Brad a common medium in which we can all wish him a speedy recovery.
This weekend a bunch of us from the Dallas/Ft. Worth area went to Austin to support the Make a Wish Foundation Race for a boy named Noah. The event was a very successful and the money raised for Noah and his family far surpassed the goal. It’s amazing what can happen when we all pull together as a community.
All of us in the RC community have developed many friendships through the years doing what we enjoy. I can absolutely say the group of people you meet while RC car racing is unlike any group of people I have ever met. Brad has been in the hobby for a few years now and absolutely enjoys the comrades he has met through the years.
After the Make a Wish Race for Noah had been completed (around 2AM Sunday morning), Brad was attempting to recover the Team Terribles Team Banner from the driver’s stand and fell. When he fell from the driver’s stand he hit his head on the pit lane wall. When this first happened, a great number of us were packing up our RC gear and either planning to journey home or return to our hotels for some much needed rest. The paramedics were dispatched and arrived on site pretty quickly although in a case like this it can never be too quick.
I’d like to give personal thanks to two individuals who tended to Brad in this time of need. Nick Lefebvre and Mike Clark. Without there assistance, Brad could have been hurt much worse.
Brad’s injuries are 3 broken ribs, 6 fractured vertebrae, 2 facial fractures, and a broken nose. At this time, the hospital expects Brad to recover without any needed surgeries although there are some uncertainties.
Brad will eventually recover and will be on RC Tech and it would be great for him to know how valued he is to the community which he enjoys so dearly.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

GET WELL SOON BRAD! We'll miss you while you're in the hospital. Take it easy and don't try to get out before you're ready.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Well said!!!!
Old 02-21-2010, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Sorry to hear that i hope Brad gets well soon.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I've never had the pleasure of meeting Brad in person, but his humor and wit is always a pleasure to read here on the forum.

I just recently had a friend pass away after hitting his head during a fall down the stairs of his home....I can certainly empathize with the gravity of the situation. I'm glad to hear that the injuries, while serious, are all ones that he will recover from.

Get well soon Brad....we'll all look forward to hearing your commentary during recovery!
Old 02-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

wow brad, we all know how you drive... but ouch man.... i am sorry buddy GET WELL SOON FROM the CALIFORNIA TEAM GUYS!
Old 02-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Get well soon Brad! I've never met you either, but we've exchanged some fun stuff in a lot of threads out here man!
Old 02-21-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

been reading his posts for a while now, even in the caster site also. get well soon, the track is waiting
Old 02-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wow. You never know when this kind of stuff will happen.

prayers sent.

We need you brad!
Old 02-21-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Even though we don't know Brad personally, the R/C community is one big family. We wish you a speedy recovery from Competition Heat...
Old 02-21-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stubbs
I've never had the pleasure of meeting Brad in person, but his humor and wit is always a pleasure to read here on the forum.

I just recently had a friend pass away after hitting his head during a fall down the stairs of his home....I can certainly empathize with the gravity of the situation. I'm glad to hear that the injuries, while serious, are all ones that he will recover from.

Get well soon Brad....we'll all look forward to hearing your commentary during recovery!
+1, I have never met the guy, but his post on here have always showed another side of the picture, also a very helpfull person. We wish you the best recovery Brad.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

DANM, he posted all over this place. Was a wealth of knowledge. Don't know ya Brad, but get well soon and have a speedy recovery, best wishes
Old 02-21-2010, 06:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Our Prayers are with you brad, we wish you a speedy recovery so you can get back to this great hobby.....
Old 02-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Default That Brad

I heard that a Brad took a fall but I didn't know it was Domit. Get well soon man that was a nasty one.

Griz
Old 02-21-2010, 06:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Get well soon buddy and follow your doctor's advise and take meds with the same motivation as you have for RC! Haven't met you personally but have been the the tracks in DFW a few times, hope to see you back on the track again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.