Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Watch racing at the Psycho Nitro Blast Live! >

Watch racing at the Psycho Nitro Blast Live!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Watch racing at the Psycho Nitro Blast Live!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drew07
Our prayers and support go out to the family. Does anyone know the cause of death? He seemed to be in good health.
We do not know at this point... Sorry..
Old 03-06-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

best wishs to the family
Old 03-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

A tragic story indeed. Thanks for bringing it to everyone's attention though Ryan. Not much can be said about something like this other than to say he was doing what he loved to do. RIP Mr. Dillard.

What was his screen name on here?
Old 03-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

As I set here with a heavy heart, remember all the wonderful times we had, my breath is taken away by this news. Leighton, aka Big L, stood a mire 6+ feet, and tip the scale around 280 lbs, nearly not enough to house this man’s massive heart. If you have the honor of meeting him, you never forget him. This gentle giant could bring a smile to your face, give you a shoulder to cry on, or simply lend an ear when you needed to vent. One could say during your time in this earth, wealth is defined by money, I think not. It is defined by the people you touch, or the life time impression you leave. Some believe that you only have so many heart beats to the end. I would like to think that is about the people you have touched deeply, well my friend you are a very wealthy person.

What you may not know, is in the RC world his dream was to one day stand beside some of the best drivers in the world, yesterday around 12:04 am he did just that. People that are close to him, knew of his love for Nitro Offroad R/C racing, it was not only the race, but the people got to hang out with. You see, he would not race in order to run a race for you. He would not race, if you need a part and it was his last one. It was about all what the racing community stood for, FRIENDSHIP.

Thank you for allowing me to share a little sight of this gentle giant.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

god bless..........
Old 03-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

very sad news for the r/c community... R.I.P and god bless!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
As I set here with a heavy heart, remember all the wonderful times we had, my breath is taken away by this news. Leighton, aka Big L, stood a mire 6+ feet, and tip the scale around 280 lbs, nearly not enough to house this man’s massive heart. If you have the honor of meeting him, you never forget him. This gentle giant could bring a smile to your face, give you a shoulder to cry on, or simply lend an ear when you needed to vent. One could say during your time in this earth, wealth is defined by money, I think not. It is defined by the people you touch, or the life time impression you leave. Some believe that you only have so many heart beats to the end. I would like to think that is about the people you have touched deeply, well my friend you are a very wealthy person.

What you may not know, is in the RC world his dream was to one day stand beside some of the best drivers in the world, yesterday around 12:04 am he did just that. People that are close to him, knew of his love for Nitro Offroad R/C racing, it was not only the race, but the people got to hang out with. You see, he would not race in order to run a race for you. He would not race, if you need a part and it was his last one. It was about all what the racing community stood for, FRIENDSHIP.

Thank you for allowing me to share a little sight of this gentle giant.
My heart and prayers go out to Big L. and his family , gods speed ...
some say its not what you take with you when you die that make a person ,but its what you leave behind !
Old 03-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

R.I.P. Leighton Dillard !
Old 03-06-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

horrible news. Wish the family the best
Old 03-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

At least he died doing what he loved; we should all be so lucky.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

all I can say is man!! my dad went the same way one minute here
gone the next I feel for his family he is done with his earthly duties
I only hope I can go in the same way doing what I love
my best gos out to the family they are the ones that need
the help not him we will see you soon R.I.P. my friend
Old 03-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 154 (100%+)

Sorry to hear this! Thoughts and prayers are with his family
Old 03-06-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

That is horrible news. R.I.P GODSPEED AHEAD! My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

R.I.P. Leighton. I wish your loved ones the best, and hope they find the strength to move forward. Peace be with you and those who loved you.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Addict

I posted this over in the racing section but will copy here for those who may not have seen it:

Dave and Ollie,
Great race as always, you guys just keep making them better, at least till the 22nd qualifier. I think God must have needed a good man to fill a bump up slot at a big race in Heaven.

The ME said it was a massive heart attack so most likely Leighton had passed by the time he went down. The family and I want to thank everyone that did their best to insure he made it till the ambulance got there. Your efforts were not in vain. That level of care for your fellow man saves many lives each year.........just this time it not meant to be.

I wish I knew all the names to thank for the help in packing up, getting the trailers out thru the parked cars, etc. Thank you each and everyone.

When I called Leighton's wife to let her know he was headed to the emergency room she loaded up the kids and headed for Atlanta. Chris, the son wanted to see the track and afterwords commented that he understood why his father wanted to come every year. Chris has never made it because of school. He did get to meet a couple racers he had only read about in magazines. Adam Drake and Mike Truhe. These guys took a lot of time from their race prep and spent it with Chris. Adam, thank you for the body for Chris. Mike, the words of life experience you spoke to Chris will make a very positive impact once the initial pain of this experience subsides. Alan Burton, I am not leaving you out of this either, the hug you gave Chris when he entered the tent was a great way to break the ice not to mention the time you spent with him. (Alan and Chris have raced together in the past) It is easy to see why these guys are so well thought of.

The Jackson, MS crew will be back next year for an even bigger race.

Thanks to everyone again.
Ed Matlage

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.