Wiki Posts
Search

good deal? need opions

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Questions?? good deal? need opions

hey y'all I was planning of buying a 2WD slash to race at a local track, 100 needs esc, it would be 140 for brushless 110 for a lipo battery plus a charger, I just saw a add on craigslist for a Slayer that has 2 starter batterys a few extra parts tool box n half gallon of fuel, plus all the stuff the truck came with, for 250 obo. I don't know which is a better idea, venturing into electrics which I know nothing about or sticking with nitro an getting the result of a revo an a slash having a kid :P
Old 03-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

thats not a bad deal on that slayer if the motor is good
Old 03-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

is there a class to race the slayer in ?
Old 03-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

the motor is good to my knowledge if not I would drop my spare 2.5 in while I rebuilt the 3.3, an there isnt a class for the slayer that I know of, alot of people have the slash's [duh] an the day I went there were around 5 CORR style trucks, 1 SC10 an 4 slash's with not much done to them, an that wasnt even on a off road race day that was just people practicing an having fun on a saterday, but the only way I would make the race would be to have the guy with the slash overnight it to me,[the race is saterday last chance to get in the series this season]. I was also considering trying to pick up a F103, but I know nothing about tamiya or electrics lol.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

That's not a bad deal on a slash. The one I drive I picked up nib for 150 and that was shipped. As for the slayer it depends on the class you ate racing. The slash is a fun low thrills easy vehicle. Hey are a blast to drive because stock they are gutless but crash well. I would go for the slash.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Not sure if my demographic is indicative of the majority or not but there is only one nitro short course vehicle at our track, amongst a gerjillion electrics.

I think you can pick up a brand new 4x4 Slash for roughly the same price you're looking at for the used Slash ($369ish).
Old 03-03-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

only thing I would need to pick up for the slash is a ESC I have one with all the wires cut from a evader I think? [got it for free lol]. I drove a slash at the track after I demolished the rustlers rear tower, it seemed pretty cool, didn't seem very fast though maybe it was the gearing the guy had. but you say there pretty durable? If I got it an didnt end up racing it I would probably keep it just to mess with at work because the volume an exhaust of the nitro didnt go over well with my boss :/
Old 03-04-2010, 02:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

At work or around the house go with the flashlite. At the track run nitro, most fun/bang for the buck. Make sure the debit card is in good shape.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

from what you have said id get the slash seems it will fit your wants and needs better
Old 03-04-2010, 11:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

I think I'll go with the flashlite then, I'll give the guy a call tonight an hopefully he still has it, if not the hobby shop's open till 8 >.>