Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Is the D8T worth the money?? >

Is the D8T worth the money??

Is the D8T worth the money??

Old 03-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would love to see a Pro win with a RTR hahahahahaa, now thats funny.

There is alot of BS around the HB line up, BUT you figure the HB buggy won the IFMAR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP. And Ty just WON the Nitro Challange.... Yes you can compare to the pros. You dont see them running crap for wheels.

HB is worth ever penny, hell parts or even cheaper - and thats commin from a Losi Fan Boy.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NitroOB4You
I drove a D8T at MotoRama. It was brand newly built. Probably one of the roughest tracks I'll ever drive on. The only setting I touched all w/end was ride height due to the springs settling in. Granted, I was only good enough for the EMain ...but I did get faster with it each round. To say the least, I'm very pleased and looking forward to outdoor season.

Dreaux- Yes, when the Moo Bug first came out, there were some issues with people snapping front, upper hinge pins. With the re-design, that went away pretty quickly.

There was never hinge pins breaking, it was the hinge pin holder and the fix was installing an aluminum holder no redsign required. Very similiar to AE when it first came out and they fixed the problem with an aluminum also.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I've driven a D8 and also was impressed with the performance but unlike Pro's the regular Joe has to pay for replacing sloppy parts vs Pro's get all the parts they need. I don't think performance is in question....it's life span that is in question. But like i said I've driven a d8 with lots of slop and it felt very stable.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 130 (100%+)

I ran a D8 and D8T last season. Switched from associated because of the ease to drive and to try something new. They are very stout units and are very forgiving. As mentioned above they can get alittle sloppy but seem to keep but performing. Definetly a top choice for the budget minded racer!
I have now switched to Mugen with a pocket twice as empty. Hoping to reap the benifits this season!

Last edited by ROSCOE; 03-01-2010 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

ok iv been running my d8 since febuaruy 09 and this past weekend was the first time i broke anything (rear hub). the same goes for the truggy ive been running since release. And this past weekend was the 3rd time breaking something (front arm). but also all these parts were broke in 30-40 degree weather and on a huge track with huge jumps making bad choices lol. as far a maintnace goes ive replaced parts but nothing major. only thing cost effecient was wce axles for the d8 but that was my choice new axles are very good.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Easy answer..

All Day Every Day..

The D8 and D8T is the best bang for buck Kit on the market, no questions asked.. Plastics wear a bit faster than others, but it isn't much..
Old 03-01-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Great!! thank you guys for all your response, i just order mine. With a GO 25 engine, and a proline bulldog bodie and aluminium servo arm.

Can't wait to build it!

I'lll keep you infrom with pics when the truggy will be finish and the bodie will be paint.

Thanks again!

Old 03-01-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

nvm read the thread.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

[QUOTE=geejay;7073392]I would love to see a Pro win with a RTR hahahahahaa, now thats funny.

Matt CIECHOWSKI finished 9th in the Expert Truggy B main @ MotoRama running the Losi RTR. Granted, I'm sure he ran his choice of engine and servos, but the roller was the RTR. I'm thinking pretty darn good right there :P

Arm, I stand corrected. When I ran the bug last summer, before I even attempted to build it, I replaced the holder for the Alum piece, so I never had the problem. But I do recall the "horror" stories when it first released.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Default D8T

No it is not wort the money. it will not hold a candle stick to a LOSI or a MUGEN don't waste your money
Old 03-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Gotta love the haters!!!!!

Buy what you can afford and be happy. Don't worry what Joe smoe tells you is the best, cause in most cases they're just telling you that cause it's what they run.

I've driven Hot Bodies now for the past year and have absolutely nothing bad to say about them. I even used all the stock plastics on my buggy clear through last season with very little wear and no breakages (Knock on Wood ) I've driven Mugen, Losi, CEN, Caster, Thunder Tiger, I choose the HB cars cause they simply feel the best for my driving style, not because I think they are superior to any other brand (as some are saying about other cars in this thread).

You will be happy with your D8T, and I bet after a few races at your local track, you'll have a few of those people that are making fun of you for buying it at your pit table wanting to take a look.... It happened at my local track, and now there are several D8 and D8T owners in my area.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PhillyDees
No it is not wort the money. it will not hold a candle stick to a LOSI or a MUGEN don't waste your money
wowfanboy alert worth the money,yes Just not the bling as the others.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i drove a D8 Buggy and thought it handled fantastic.... We even put a crazy modded JPX 21 into it and it was still relatively planted... Most buggies would be undriveable with that engine and the D8 handled quite well.... We did end up breaking a few parts from some nasty cartwheels, but for the most part it held up well....... Nothing we broke would have cost much to fix so it was not really an issue...for the money the D8's are a dam fine if you ask me....
Old 03-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

not sure if it's worth the money yet, but i did just buy a d8t like 5 minutes ago.

my truggy career was from a losi 8t, to a jammin x2, and now to a d8t.

by it's looks and from what people have said, it's a great truggy. can't wait to see for myself.

Last edited by LOW ET; 03-01-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by porter
Gotta love the haters!!!!!
I'm beginning to think some of these ppl are just hate'n cause the D8 performs just as well if not better than their stuff and costs half the price.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.