Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
just got nitro firestorm anything I should know? >

just got nitro firestorm anything I should know?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

just got nitro firestorm anything I should know?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default just got nitro firestorm anything I should know?

Just got a nitro firestorm was wondering if there is anything I should know about them? any of you got one?
Old 02-19-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Get a rotostart or starter box for it, the pullstart won't last long. Tight tuning range and somewhat touchy. Other than that it is a blast to drive, had mine for about 8 months and only broke 1 arm bashing it like my monster trucks.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For a beginner truck it is pretty good and tough. If you don't switch the pullstart out always carry an extra. Maybe some front A-arms and tie-rods. Maybe carry an extra drive shaft, I have seen them fall out before. If you hit something hard straight on you may need a new top plate, but the fix for that is not to hit curbs, car tires, trees ,etc LOL.

Other then that if you drive on the street maybe another pair of tires as the ones on the vehicles won't last long on pavement.

Go through the vehicle completely and make sure everything is right. When working at the hobbystore this was the leading vehicle to have problems out of the box. Doesn't mean it's not a good vehicle, but just needs a look at. I have seen them come without clutch shoes, slippers and more. Also check the linkage setup, almost every vehicle that I saw had the linkage adjusted wrong and would leave the carb half open at neutral. If you have already driven the vehicle you don't really have to worry about this. But every vehicle I buy I always go through the screws to make sure there tight and have lock-tight on the screws that go into metal.
Old 02-21-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

One other thing I forgot to mention is the exhaust header likes to come loose, get some spare gaskets and bolts and make sure you lock tight those buggers. I found out the hard way while camping and had to park it most of the trip.