R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Truggy Wheels Revolver vs CityBlock (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/372013-truggy-wheels-revolver-vs-cityblock.html)

the_winner 02-18-2010 12:37 PM

Truggy Wheels Revolver vs CityBlock

Hi to all truggy guys ...
When i start the truggy class i run with the LPR Pro-Line Crimefighter M2 and then i test the AKA Cityblock Medium and wow i was surprised and from this point i use aka cityblock medium and soft...Now my LHS said me that the AKA cityblock soft that i choose are out of stock and he carry me Pro-Line VTR M3 Revolver... I race at a hard surface track ,medium and with a double jump, two single jumps and some other mini jumps...
The difference between the revolver and cityblock are bigs?At wet surface how the revolver go?
thanks a lot

mblgjr 02-18-2010 12:41 PM

The Revolver will only work *best* if there is very minimal surface dust, if any; and the track is starting to groove.

Otherwise, you'd want the PL Caliber.

Caliber is more like the CityBlock, but has a bit more forward bit and a smoother rotation curve.

M3 works like AKA "soft" for the most part.

M2 would be the better choice as you work your way into Summer racing or if you have a track with a loose surface that the tire can dig into.

Stubbs 02-19-2010 10:59 AM

I've got CityBlocks, and Revolvers in my tire bag. I'll primarily be running the CityBLocks early in the race day, when the track is damp, but still has loose material in the groove. As the day goes on, I'll likely switch to the Revolver once the main race line has run in, but the track is still tacky. Any way you look at it, the CityBlock is a good all around tire. I'm betting the Caliber would perfrom in a similar fashion.

For reference, our track is outdoor, red clay (non-blue groove).

8&stuff 02-19-2010 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by mblgjr (Post 7024810)
The Revolver will only work *best* if there is very minimal surface dust, if any; and the track is starting to groove.

Otherwise, you'd want the PL Caliber.

Caliber is more like the CityBlock, but has a bit more forward bit and a smoother rotation curve.

M3 works like AKA "soft" for the most part.

M2 would be the better choice as you work your way into Summer racing or if you have a track with a loose surface that the tire can dig into.

+1. At beginning of day when a little loose i prefer caliber on buggy and cityblock on truggy, all depending on foams and life left in tire

the_winner 02-20-2010 05:01 PM

thanks guys! at 28 of February i have race i have 4 Cityblock Soft which they are play one qualify(10min) and one 30 min main...So at this race at the first qualify i will put the cityblocks and at the second qualify and the final i will put the revolvers..
something else now...the aka have a hole at the tire the PL have not hole at the tire i must open a hole or is ok?i have the M3 compound

Stubbs 02-20-2010 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by the_winner (Post 7033208)
thanks guys! at 28 of February i have race i have 4 Cityblock Soft which they are play one qualify(10min) and one 30 min main...So at this race at the first qualify i will put the cityblocks and at the second qualify and the final i will put the revolvers..
something else now...the aka have a hole at the tire the PL have not hole at the tire i must open a hole or is ok?i have the M3 compound

Hole in the tire, or hole in the wheel...your choice. You just need something to allow the pressure inside the tire and outside to equalize.

You'll find numerous arguments on where to put the hole (wheel or tire), but I won't go into that. If they're already mounted, and there's no hole yet, you may be stuck with having to put it in the tire.;)

j_blaze14 02-20-2010 07:12 PM

calibers are not legal in some events

bobbyblaze 02-20-2010 07:14 PM

i run cityblocks and i beams ...i'm well satisfied with AKA products:nod: