Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Odonnell 2009-2010.. excatly the same car. >

Odonnell 2009-2010.. excatly the same car.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Odonnell 2009-2010.. excatly the same car.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2010, 03:27 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Greg B
Now that's a chassis! I'm sure it's lighter than it looks. wonder how well she will flex ?
Beside the discussion about flex I think dirt will fill the holes and during the race the car becomes more heavy, it will nevver be a winning chassis....

About copying cars... they all have 4 wheels, 4 shocks, a shaft drivetrain, 3 diffs etc.....
Indeed small changes in the locations of the suspension holes are never seen on the first sight but can make a huge difference in driveabillity.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I feel not a rigid chassis is the answer
but a really flexy chassis that doesn't bend
some european mugen drivers aren't using any braces
but the option chassisplate has to handle it
perhaps a carbon/cnc sandwich would do the trick

Last edited by speedy2; 02-20-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 05:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Roelof

This is a level of discucion that you can not deal ..

Go ... take a seat. alone to do not feel ashamed .. take the books about mechanical, engineering .. if not completed high school .. complete it first and then moves ..... do not give up .. someday you will discuss these issues ..

at this time .. you can only see that a wheel .. actually .. is something round .. circular..

Diego.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dieguito
Roelof

Go ... take a seat. alone to do not feel ashamed .. take the books about mechanical, engineering .. if not completed high school .. complete it first and then moves ..... do not give up .. someday you will discuss these issues ..

at this time .. you can only see that a wheel .. actually .. is something round .. circular..

Diego.
Your head is also round and circular and Fu*king empty!

Honesty why would u machine that chassis with so Many areas to fill up with dirt? Aside from that it looks heavy and stiff and if I'm correct it also looks like it with raise the cog of everything by like 3 mm? Your idea of material (titanium?) is ok but u should have COPIED the original chassis thickness because that's what works! Look at the factory hotbodies drivers they all run the 3mm chassis not the stock 4mm because they need flex and that is on tracks with very big jumps not some flat track that is bumpy. So here I say along with everyone else it's an utter failer to what u tried to do. How much did that cost u lol I bet that's why u are so butthurt to hear all these negative responses huh u probly spent a shitload on that chunk of titanium n wanted to use it on ur race car n have something way better then everyone else but infact don't have the courage to look at it n say it's a waste.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Matt Piva

Again...

the complexity of this issue is beyond you ..
Also the factories that use only 3 mm thick ...
But I will not explain it to you.

But I have a generous gesture to answer ....

A few weeks ago, if you were going to a Toyota dealership .. the seller told you that you were wearing an excellent model ..
However .. many models of the brand were called to revision to solve a problem on the accelerator pedal ...

All the factories make mistakes .. some serious .. others not so much ..
Some factories are forced to admit their mistakes .. others have no such obligation ...

Go .. take and read the books .. this is much for you ...
You still can not understand ...

Diego.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

And besides that: show us a CAR not only a machined chassis! Show us that it fits and then show us that it has advantages. Show us better lap times on the circuit, show us that your car functions better than other cars on the market.
Last of all show us a (youtube) movie of a car with 'your' chassis in which we can clearly see the advantage of your chassis.

As long as you only show some pics of a 'naked' chassis and can't even proof that it is a chassis of a working RC Car, I can only laugh about your posts.

A big mouth on freedom of mind doesnot prove anything! The proof is in the taste of the pudding!!
Old 02-20-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

and ask again ....

if someone thinks is best 3mm to 5 mm or 6 mm .. be happy ...

All those who are irritated .. are those who can not understand that the forum is an area of free opinion ...
That untidiness of you .. of believing that those who think otherwise can not comment or show what we do ..

should take some lessons from living and morality...

I forgot ....
Yesterday I went to the toy store, my daughter wanted to buy him a magic carpet .. when does waving flies ....

Voileu ... the seller said no doubt ... I have what you need ...
and brought me a 1 / 8 RC Buggy with a 3mm chassis.

and returned happy with my daughter to my house ...

Diego.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Bart_Banaan

incredible and beautiful cars in http://www.classic.rc-junkies.net/

Diego.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

and ask again ....

if someone thinks is best 3mm to 5 mm or 6 mm .. be happy ...

All those who are irritated .. are those who can not understand that the forum is an area of free opinion ...
That untidiness of you .. of believing that those who think otherwise can not comment or show what we do ..

should take some lessons from living and morality...

I forgot ....
Yesterday I went to the toy store, my daughter wanted to buy him a magic carpet .. when does waving flies ....

Voileu ... the seller said no doubt ... I have what you need ...
and brought me a 1 / 8 RC Buggy with a 3mm chassis.

and returned happy with my daughter to my house ...

Diego.

Do you mean Team Magic 1/8 buggy?
Old 02-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Lord

Roelof

Diego.
Let me remind you who started this topic with all kinds of reactions with prove that your startpost could be wrong?

But hey, there is nothing wrong with the technique and skils making your parts but things that look good does not tell anything about the performance and that is something you do forget. Anyone can tell the holes in your chassis will fill up with dirt making it heavier and taking your car out of balance and performance.
About flex I know real racecar engineers do not like it, flex does not give full control on the suspension, dampers and springs but for us it works so why not use it?

And please, do not judge my knowledge. With the limited equipment at home I may not produce the best looking stuff but what I create is well thought and if better work is needed I can ask the sponsor with all his machinery. I can tell you that even some of my ideas are copied by RC manufacturers.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

clear .. of course ...

but also I think a 1 / 8 buggy with plastic damping arms .. is more a toy than anything else ..

Diego.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:54 AM
Tech Lord

but also I think a 1 / 8 buggy with plastic damping arms .. is more a toy than anything else ..
Otherwise I have never seen a full aluminium/titanium RC car winning races....
Old 02-20-2010, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

clear .. of course ...

Diego.

Like formula 1? hell even their chassis are plastic! however exotic carbon fiber may sound it is still a plastic.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

40 years ago if you had said that man would reach the moon .. I would have looked like a crazy ... But today man often travels into space ....

Maybe this is something like ...

Industry 1 / 8 RC Buggy is a few years of existence and development ..
maybe at some point be an opportunity to stop making plastic toys and make cars 1 / 8 RC racing ...

If companies produce plastic parts is that this is the cheapest way to do it .. if the chassis has the necessary minimum of 3 mm .. is that this is the cheapest way to manufacture ...

It may be that your jump 10 meters and shoot a prayer that the suspension arm supporting the landing ...

Perhaps the only 2 pieces that are indispensable are the manufacture of plastic and its media wing ..
Old 02-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

clear .. of course ...

Diego.
a all aluminum car is totally posible, but some plastic parts are more economical and make sence. With a aluminum/plastic setup, the stress of a crash can be absorbed by the plastic(bending or breaking) as opposed to aluminum bending or breaking. The plasstic would be/is cheaper than aluminum milled parts. Also, plastic has some flex to it, so durring a crash can flex and rebound back to orogional shape, unlike aluminum. Anyway you cut it, the stress has to be absorbed by something, boils down to how much you are willing to spend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.