Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Most Popular in Short Course Racing? >

Most Popular in Short Course Racing?

Most Popular in Short Course Racing?

Old 02-15-2010, 04:25 AM
Tech Adept

Default Most Popular in Short Course Racing?

What is most popular in SC racing, electric or nitro?
Old 02-15-2010, 04:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Electric without a doubt!
Old 02-15-2010, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

I REALLY hope nitro SC doesn't take off. I just dont think we need to dillute the classes anymore. Besides, if I want nitro hassles I will just run 1/8th. JMO
Old 02-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

im hoping the nitro becomes popular i am a nitro addict and stay away of them electric cars
Old 02-15-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

We had 3 classes of SC vehicles at the track this weekend. Of all the cars, only 1 was nitro powered.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kchamp
What is most popular in SC racing, electric or nitro?

Electric now. But nitro is coming....with unlimited classes comes the nitro SC's and conversions. Will be fun for sure.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i was thinking about getting a sc truck to race like the blitz,so i watched some video on u-tube and changed my mind. the trucks were all over the place,looked more like a smash-up-derby,the trucks dont look like they handle well,either that are the guy's missed every set-up,may-be the nitro version will be better.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigguyrc8
i was thinking about getting a sc truck to race like the blitz,so i watched some video on u-tube and changed my mind. the trucks were all over the place,looked more like a smash-up-derby,the trucks dont look like they handle well,either that are the guy's missed every set-up,may-be the nitro version will be better.
this should change your mind. Jesse Robbers driving his Blitz at CRCRC
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigguyrc8
SC trucks will never perform like truggies or buggies. But that doesn't mean they can't be driven smooth and fast like in the video fat daddy posted. The reason why it seems like a smash up dirby class is because the price of them opens the door for many beginner racers that are newer to the hobby.

But to answer the question of this thread. Right now electric SC has a pretty big lead. I can see nitro SC get more popular eventually, but as of now very few clubs have a full class for them.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

There is a lot of bumping because the vehicles are made to do it and the class represents a class that has a lot of contact. The class wouldnt be fun if it wasnt as physical as it is.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Adept

thats what i have been looking for ,thanks
Old 02-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

the videos i had seen before were not like that,thinking of giving it a try.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a nitro sct, its the Slayer. Its the biggest pos to race, really its good for bashing only. I would go electric for sure. I have the slayer and a 1/8 scale ofna truggy, I'm going to sell both just to get one good electric setup. Nitro is fun too but a pain.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

The big advantage the current electric SC vehicles have is cost. For $200, you can get just about any of the RTR vehicles, go racing, and have fun. Not the case with nitro...

The SC8 and Slayer are the two biggest contenders in the nitro ranks. Of those two, the Slayer just isn't a "race caliber" vehicle (sorry guys, I don't like it either, but it's the truth), and the SC8 is just to dang expensive.

The SC8 class at my local track is slowly dwindling because there's not really any competition. Everyone runs basically the same truck, and since the price never really dropped after introduction, nor have there been any real additions to the class by other manufacturers, there's not a great deal of interest anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a factory Mugen, Losi, Kyosho, etc....SCT. The only way to see that currently is through the custom conversions like those that are discussed here on RCTech. The class needs continued product support by the manufacturers if it's going to grow like the electric SC's have.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

just out of curiosity, what brand is the most popular among sc? losi / ae / traxxas or something else? I guess that brings up another question, what is the most reliable?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.