Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree166Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th offroad thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hello, I am an AKA iBeam user. Our LHS has Sweep. Since the price is great, I dont want to pass on them. Can you tell me which patterns/compound works almost as closely as iBeams?

Our track is loose and is no where as hard packed as US tracks. A video to show the surface.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FZxkdoNOvXM

Please help.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Battle Star, silver and blue compound

Originally Posted by rcindia
Hello, I am an AKA iBeam user. Our LHS has Sweep. Since the price is great, I dont want to pass on them. Can you tell me which patterns/compound works almost as closely as iBeams?

Our track is loose and is no where as hard packed as US tracks. A video to show the surface.

Please help.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Hiffa
what is good for super dusty track, medium packed clay track
others are using cityblock and ibeam.
I have tried exagon , square armor, battle star. Battle star works better.
Will star trek better than battle star? or the new cubix will be good?
Silver Battle stars or silver double actions should do the trick!!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

I just want to thank sweep racing USA for there super fast shipping and of course all there support... I can't wait for wicked weekend to get here!!
Old 08-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcindia

Please help.
Definite square armor track , blue and silver
Old 08-22-2013, 08:16 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 2013 FEMCA Sweeped!

Dani Choi and Ryan Lee left a absent note on their desk at Sweep Racing last week to go play in dirt!

well...our boys done what they do best in a play ground.

Dani Choi TQ 2013 FEMCA over IFMAR world champions!

and QUAL 10th by Ryan Lee! our Prez in global marketing also showing his skillz.

GO FAST & Sweep'em ALL! (from top to bottom!)

Last edited by Tony Rivas; 03-04-2016 at 06:09 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

How have people found the Cubix tyres so far.?
I was looking at getting some when they become available in Australia soon but just wanted to see what others think.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
Dani Choi and Ryan Lee left a absent note on their desk at Sweep Racing last week to go play in dirt!

well...our boys done what they do best in a play ground.

Dani Choi TQ 2013 FEMCA over IFMAR world champions!

and QUAL 10th by Ryan Lee! our Prez in global marketing also showing his skillz.

GO FAST & Sweep'em ALL! (from top to bottom!)
wow Congrats guys.
Old 08-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ozziii
How have people found the Cubix tyres so far.?
I was looking at getting some when they become available in Australia soon but just wanted to see what others think.
Cubix have been great. Amazing forward bite and lateral grip. Next to zero tire fade as well during 30 minute mains. But if your track blows out or is rain rutted in the turns this is not the tire to run.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX
Cubix have been great. Amazing forward bite and lateral grip. Next to zero tire fade as well during 30 minute mains. But if your track blows out or is rain rutted in the turns this is not the tire to run.
Ok thanks, they sound good, but the track I go to has a few rough sections, & in some parts it has a bit of loose stuff on a hard packed clay base when the track is dry, (a little soft when damp or wet, its winter here), it gets a bit of a clean racing line after a few rounds but off the line it gets a bit slippery.
I have Exagons, Square Armors & just got some Battle Stars as well, all in silver compound, what conditions best suit these tyres as well as the Cubix.

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

Ok thanks, they sound good, but the track I go to has a few rough sections, & in some parts it has a bit of loose stuff on a hard packed clay base when the track is dry, (a little soft when damp or wet, its winter here), it gets a bit of a clean racing line after a few rounds but off the line it gets a bit slippery.
I have Exagons, Square Armors & just got some Battle Stars as well, all in silver compound, what conditions best suit these tyres as well as the Cubix.

Thanks.
HI Ozziii,

Try Double Actions in either blue or red compounds, otherwise the Square Armors will be OK as well. We have found you need to go at least 1 compound stiffer in the Double Actions compared to Exagon or Square Armors.

The Exagons might be a bit edgy for the above track, Aaron is not a real big fan of the Battle Stars so I can't really comment on them

Cheers

Mark
Old 08-23-2013, 01:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wild Thing
HI Ozziii,

Try Double Actions in either blue or red compounds, otherwise the Square Armors will be OK as well. We have found you need to go at least 1 compound stiffer in the Double Actions compared to Exagon or Square Armors.

The Exagons might be a bit edgy for the above track, Aaron is not a real big fan of the Battle Stars so I can't really comment on them

Cheers

Mark
Thanks Mark, I might do that & grab some Double Actions in Blue & try them as well.
I found the Square Armors to be good when last at the track, (Shepparton) but the surface was a bit moist & soft so wasn't sure how they would be when dry, loose & rough. I want to go try out the Barmah track next week as well so hoping the Sweeps will do ok there to.

Thanks.
Old 08-23-2013, 02:38 AM
Tech Master

Thanks Mark, I might do that & grab some Double Actions in Blue & try them as well.
I found the Square Armors to be good when last at the track, (Shepparton) but the surface was a bit moist & soft so wasn't sure how they would be when dry, loose & rough. I want to go try out the Barmah track next week as well so hoping the Sweeps will do ok there to.

Thanks.
Square Armors will still be fine on the drier track, although still think double actions will be a bit more forgiving. BTW there is not much difference in compounds between red and blue, they are quite close compared say to going from silver to blue or red to white

Cheers

Mark
Old 08-23-2013, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wild Thing
Square Armors will still be fine on the drier track, although still think double actions will be a bit more forgiving. BTW there is not much difference in compounds between red and blue, they are quite close compared say to going from silver to blue or red to white

Cheers

Mark
Ok thats good to know then, thanks for that, hopefully I can get the Double actions here by next weekend, ACE has some left in stock so there going to put them on the other shops website. I thought I would go with the Blue compound as I'm still trying to get my buggy setup better so having good traction really helps, plus I haven't had much practice so hopefully having the right tires will make a difference.
I think its the AKA I-Beams & Impacts that work well at Shepparton, not sure about Barmah though, may be the same.

Thanks
Paul.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:31 PM
Tech Adept

Ok thats good to know then, thanks for that, hopefully I can get the Double actions here by next weekend, ACE has some left in stock so there going to put them on the other shops website. I thought I would go with the Blue compound as I'm still trying to get my buggy setup better so having good traction really helps, plus I haven't had much practice so hopefully having the right tires will make a difference.
I think its the AKA I-Beams & Impacts that work well at Shepparton, not sure about Barmah though, may be the same.

Thanks
Paul.
Try square armors up front and battle stars in the back in blue or red
I use that set up at my track and it is the same as the track you said
Work real good that's all I use

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.