Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th offroad thread >

Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th offroad thread

Like Tree105Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th offroad thread

Old 03-20-2010, 09:51 AM
  #16  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NitroFreakManHo View Post
Any idea if truggy tires will be available by Spring ? Thank-you.
not this Spring, Sorry
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 10:07 AM
  #17  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
NitroFreakManHo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Upstairs, Canada
Posts: 1,142
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA View Post
not this Spring, Sorry
Thank-you for the heads-up. Best of luck with your buggy tires.
NitroFreakManHo is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 10:39 AM
  #18  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Darrin70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: St Thomas,Ont,Canada
Posts: 415
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I look forward to running the EXP EXAGON/RECORD BREAK and DIRT EFFECT at the 4th annual Canadian indoor Shootout April 9-11....

Darrin Quinn

Last edited by Darrin70; 03-26-2010 at 11:27 AM. Reason: correction
Darrin70 is offline  
Old 03-26-2010, 10:56 AM
  #19  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (96)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,841
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

hopefully we will see truggy tires sometime soon also , just dont use the same plastic for the wheels as pro line , i had two wheels (yellow) crack from the hex all the way to bead . ruined brand new tires .!!
houston is offline  
Old 03-27-2010, 09:09 AM
  #20  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Darrin70 View Post
I look forward to running the EXP EXAGON/RECORD BREAK and DIRT EFFECT at the 4th annual Canadian indoor Shootout April 9-11....

Darrin Quinn
Good Luck darrin.

Originally Posted by houston View Post
hopefully we will see truggy tires sometime soon also , just dont use the same plastic for the wheels as pro line , i had two wheels (yellow) crack from the hex all the way to bead . ruined brand new tires .!!
hey monty, our wheels are made out of DuPont™ nylon, it cost more to produce but can't get any tougher than that, you will see.

good luck.
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Old 03-27-2010, 09:59 AM
  #21  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (96)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,841
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA View Post
Good Luck darrin.



hey monty, our wheels are made out of DuPont™ nylon, it cost more to produce but can't get any tougher than that, you will see.

good luck.
So more like AKA wheels ? SWEET!!

Anxious to see the product and test it out
houston is offline  
Old 03-27-2010, 06:37 PM
  #22  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (5)
 
Unsober1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 315
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Very nice looking tires at a competitve price !


Are these tires ROAR approved ?
Unsober1 is offline  
Old 03-27-2010, 10:15 PM
  #23  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 31
Default

Originally Posted by houston View Post
So more like AKA wheels ? SWEET!!

Anxious to see the product and test it out

I have tried many kind of wheels for my 808 car.
Let say...Pro*ine wheel. Its only good around in the beginning of race time. Its shorter lifetime than Sweep. Since we race on the hot weather track about 36-40 Deg C.
You can compare the construction inside the wheel .
If we use AkA wheel include tires, when we scrut on FEMCA event some Xray 808 car, can't pass the scrut .

I think Sweep wheels very nice finishing and i haven't got any crack even you drive the car crazily.
But don't hit the wall....
JasonXray is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 08:28 PM
  #24  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (96)
 
houston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Sherwood,OR
Posts: 15,841
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

got my order today , dirt effects , battle star , exagons all in blue compound

i must say the rubber looks and feels killer !!! not like another rubber on the market , i am expecting great testing results withg these tires
the rims are very stout
foams are pretty good also , i cant wait to see how they work on the track

good job to john lee at sweep racing usa !!!
houston is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 10:49 PM
  #25  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Coral gables, Florida
Posts: 1,265
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Do tge premounts come with molded foams or the white open cell?
infanterene is offline  
Old 03-29-2010, 11:55 PM
  #26  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (44)
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Some where
Posts: 3,055
Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default

tires look good I may be trying a set real soon for my buggy
NitroLuver is offline  
Old 03-30-2010, 08:38 AM
  #27  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by infanterene View Post
Do tge premounts come with molded foams or the white open cell?
closed cells molded foams
http://www.sweepracingusa.com/produc...roducts_id=110

Originally Posted by NitroLuver View Post
tires look good I may be trying a set real soon for my buggy
Thanks.
SweepRacingUSA is offline  
Old 03-30-2010, 09:34 AM
  #28  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (52)
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 2,715
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

well I have to say I hope the tires work well, because the customer service ROCKS!!! I ordered some today online (this morning) and they already shipped!!! since my order I think I have recieved 3 or 4 emails already from them as to the status.. like I said I Hope the tires are good
Mo Denton is offline  
Old 03-30-2010, 12:53 PM
  #29  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (74)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 708
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Ok, so I'm new and I probably should go with whatever everybody else is using but I love to be different and have something new. So I'm getting something from Sweep. I'm racing on a red clay track, so it's pretty firm but never seems to get really really hard. Tell me what else you need to know to help me pick out a set. The Exagons look cool but the Battle Stars and Dirt Effects seem more like what's on the market now.

Thanks
Stephen
skerry1 is offline  
Old 03-30-2010, 01:11 PM
  #30  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,855
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 1fastguy1 View Post
well I have to say I hope the tires work well, because the customer service ROCKS!!! I ordered some today online (this morning) and they already shipped!!! since my order I think I have recieved 3 or 4 emails already from them as to the status.. like I said I Hope the tires are good
thank you, yes we trying to ship same day by 1-3PM. just finished packing and shipped.

tires will works great. let us know how you liked it. thanks again

Originally Posted by skerry1 View Post
Ok, so I'm new and I probably should go with whatever everybody else is using but I love to be different and have something new. So I'm getting something from Sweep. I'm racing on a red clay track, so it's pretty firm but never seems to get really really hard. Tell me what else you need to know to help me pick out a set. The Exagons look cool but the Battle Stars and Dirt Effects seem more like what's on the market now.

Thanks
Stephen

hey Stephen.

I said get em all! or try a exagon first then the rest

have fun in the red clay!
SweepRacingUSA is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.