Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th offroad thread >

Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th offroad thread

Like Tree160Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th offroad thread

Old 10-18-2022, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Whips may also be a good choice for that track. They will provide more steering, but will also be more edgy.
Old 10-19-2022, 06:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th offroad thread

Who's the English lady narrating?

Old 10-24-2022, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Default Sweep Tires in Action at LSRCC

Old 10-24-2022, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Glencoe View Post
Who's the English lady narrating?
Addison? She is an AI
Old 12-07-2022, 11:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mickey_B View Post
I would recommend a proline holeshot or buckshot in s3 depending on temps and call it day. Do yourself a favor and stay away from sweep.
Agreed! Those pictures of that track look exactly like my local here in AZ. Hard-pack, with some potholes, gets blown out over time, groove can be smooth and high-bite, but outside fluff gets ya. Definitely agree on the Hole Shots. S3, yes, but also M3 (a wee bit softer with near identical wear characteristics). M4 is a great compound. Buck Shots, maybe, but I'm becoming less and less of a Buck Shots fan as time goes on.

Originally Posted by Paintwerks View Post
Addison? She is an AI
Coming back to this thread to see what folks are saying about Sweep truggy tires. Based on over a year and a half since I posted last in this thread, it appears it's come full circle, talking about Addison the AI speech bot. Anyway, I kind of wish Sweep would have a bit more variety in their truggy tire line up. I feel that the Sweeper and/or Whips should definitely be included, but sadly, their not. I was never a fan of Defender tires for buggy. I'd much rather run M3 or M4 Blockades. Defenders were way too flat. Back to the truggy tires, I'd maybe want to try Carbides, but if people are saying that shipping is abysmal, then forget it! Why bother.

Sweep's Facebook page used to have someone that spoke English and would promptly respond. Not anymore. I sent a message and an auto-reply came back in 100% Korean--awesome!

Last edited by Ackchyually; 12-08-2022 at 05:07 AM.
Old 12-08-2022, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mickey_B View Post
Just bit the bullet and signed up for Horizonís elite status program that gives you free two day shipping. With the previous comments it really got me thinking how I buy tires. Usually I order well ahead and in bulk to try and get the free shipping and any savings if possible. Now with an elite membership, I no longer have to order in bulk and can get tires 3 days before race.

I know it cost more, but the good thing is Iím not stuck hoarding tires that will get old and hard as I did in the past and I can buy a couple sets run them a couple weekends and get new ones. Of course if they go out stock I am out of luck as I no longer building a tire collection. One a positive they will ship out same day so thatís a plus.

I just keep having less than steller experiences with these smaller shops. I remember this past April I ordered some tires from Beach Rc on Thursday and then Monday roles around and they tell me there no longer in stock. Iím like how is that possible, they told me they were sold over the weekend at a local race from the trailer. Iím like geez get it together people.

Well I think Horizon has it together a little better. So now there getting my business.
so you wonít pay for shipping from the small guy, but youíll pay for an elite membership from the big box store, and you wonder why the small company canít hang??? Sooner or later our entire country will be taken over by the Amazonís and horizon hobby corporations because people are impatient and need everything now now now. Instead of bad mouthing a company maybe think for a second and ask yourself who you are supporting. With no support a small business canít operate or survive.
Old 12-12-2022, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ackchyually View Post
Agreed! Those pictures of that track look exactly like my local here in AZ. Hard-pack, with some potholes, gets blown out over time, groove can be smooth and high-bite, but outside fluff gets ya. Definitely agree on the Hole Shots. S3, yes, but also M3 (a wee bit softer with near identical wear characteristics). M4 is a great compound. Buck Shots, maybe, but I'm becoming less and less of a Buck Shots fan as time goes on.

Coming back to this thread to see what folks are saying about Sweep truggy tires. Based on over a year and a half since I posted last in this thread, it appears it's come full circle, talking about Addison the AI speech bot. Anyway, I kind of wish Sweep would have a bit more variety in their truggy tire line up. I feel that the Sweeper and/or Whips should definitely be included, but sadly, their not. I was never a fan of Defender tires for buggy. I'd much rather run M3 or M4 Blockades. Defenders were way too flat. Back to the truggy tires, I'd maybe want to try Carbides, but if people are saying that shipping is abysmal, then forget it! Why bother.

Sweep's Facebook page used to have someone that spoke English and would promptly respond. Not anymore. I sent a message and an auto-reply came back in 100% Korean--awesome!

I've had no issues with shipping so not sure why a couple or one person is complaining when they tried to order to close to a race date. If you know you need tires for a certain race you as a racer should be ordering them ahead of time.

As for the Truggy tires, the Carbides and Defenders have worked great, I use the Carbides about 80% of the time and only have the defenders for rough blown out tracks or loose loamy tracks,
Old 01-02-2023, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What's the difference with the long wear compound, XTRA?
Is it between compounds or different designs of the tires?
Looking at the Defenders for The Dirt in Perris, CA
Old 01-03-2023, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

There is no difference in tread design, it's the compound, so you have Silver and Silver-X, the X would be "long wear" just like AKA has the Soft and Soft-LW
Old 01-05-2023, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Default Sweep Tires in Action at Rick's Hobby Farm

https://youtu.be/U46789t16Ec

token likes this.

Last edited by Paintwerks; 01-06-2023 at 07:34 AM.
Old 01-06-2023, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

Just to clarify, There are 2 facebook pages for Sweep

Global:
https://www.facebook.com/SweepRacing

USA:
https://www.facebook.com/sweepracingusa
Old 01-06-2023, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RsA89 View Post
What's the difference with the long wear compound, XTRA?
Is it between compounds or different designs of the tires?
Looking at the Defenders for The Dirt in Perris, CA
For which chassis a buggy or truggy? For the Dirt I would consider running these in Nitro Buggy.... Carbides, Whips and Sweepers if I were traveling there and did not know what to bring. Compounds would depend on time of year. For DNC where they have been in hoodies and have heaters on the stand, probably Yellow in Whips, Yellow-X in Carbide, and Yellow-X in Sweeper. If my budget allowed Silver and Silver-X in the same patterns.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:01 AM
Tech Adept

As far as truggy tires go, I did a back to back on the same track, same day. I ran the renowned Proline Buckshot, Then ran the Defender-T. The track conditions would have suggested the smaller pin would be better, but I was shocked at the improvement in control, laptime and comfort when I ran the Defnder-T. If you are in the midwest racing at a track the Paintwerks crew is at, stop by and I will let you test them. If you are going to try them on your own, I would go with Yellow-X Compound.
Old 01-06-2023, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

Defender-T tires dominate at the USRC Dakota Slidewayz Event! Caden and Allec also make a strong showing running with Pros Tyler Jones, Seth VanDalen, and Brandon Rose.
https://youtu.be/krHqyTSaBrI
Allec used Defender-T tires on his truggy all weekend at USRC. You can check them out in action in the above video.
Old 01-07-2023, 12:11 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As far as truggy tires go, I did a back to back on the same track, same day. I ran the renowned Proline Buckshot, Then ran the Defender-T. The track conditions would have suggested the smaller pin would be better, but I was shocked at the improvement in control, laptime and comfort when I ran the Defnder-T. If you are in the midwest racing at a track the Paintwerks crew is at, stop by and I will let you test them. If you are going to try them on your own, I would go with Yellow-X Compound.
Forgot to mention that, yes for a truggy.
For the compounds, more just curious, what makes a long wear compound. Are they in between compounds? Soft to hard (ultra soft, ultra soft xtra, supersoft, supersoft xtra, soft, soft xtra.......)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.