R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Nova Breaks (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/370529-nova-breaks.html)

coviello 02-14-2010 09:00 AM

i have one for sale if interested. we will work some thing out. please let me know. http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...s-2-carbs.html

dishsoap 02-14-2010 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by houston (Post 7003544)
Bring it in to one hobbies on Tuesday and I will switch it out for ya ,cheap

Its not a manufacturing defect , its usually caused from loose engine mount bolts or just plain beatin the pis out of the car . The nitro pit is ruff on equipment , trust me I know !

Please bring just the engine , and bring it clean ;)

Where did you purchase the n21bf ?

When you say swap it out do you mean your going to do the work? How long does it take?

I got it from Amain. It only has 3 gallons on it (guessing)

houston 02-15-2010 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by dishsoap (Post 7006876)
When you say swap it out do you mean your going to do the work? How long does it take?

I got it from Amain. It only has 3 gallons on it (guessing)

Yes , unless you don't want me too ?
Monty

Ask for monty ;)

I could have it done in about 25-30 min. , time doesn't include the BS session though :nod: :lol:

koreanassasom 02-15-2010 03:09 AM

now thats a stand up guy! you buy the engine somwhere else he will fix it for ya!!

houston 02-15-2010 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by koreanassasom (Post 7007303)
now thats a stand up guy! you buy the engine somwhere else he will fix it for ya!!

I've been told I am good at what I do and I don't mind helpin out a fellow racer :nod:

dishsoap 02-15-2010 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by houston (Post 7007394)
I've been told I am good at what I do and I don't mind helpin out a fellow racer :nod:

Thanks Houston!!!!!!!

Its my ten 10 year old sons engine. One thought though we wont be there until Friday morning for qualifying. With racing going on will you still have the time?

Oh an yes please on the help. I have never taken ones apart.

houston 02-15-2010 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by dishsoap (Post 7007861)
Thanks Houston!!!!!!!

Its my ten 10 year old sons engine. One thought though we wont be there until Friday morning for qualifying. With racing going on will you still have the time?

one hobbies is a little closer to the freeway

i dont know where you live but i would much rather get it done tuesday evening before the whole shindig gets started . wed. practice :D

houston 02-15-2010 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by dishsoap (Post 7007861)
Thanks Houston!!!!!!!

tucson ? ya , i guess that would be a little drive for ya

i will see what i can do on friday

buggy qualifying starts friday and early at that ;)

losi_racer 02-15-2010 10:50 AM

austin, are you in phoenix at all today or tommrow? if so ill meet u and take it to monty

JAMMINKRAZY 02-15-2010 11:18 AM

Its not a manufacturing defect , its usually caused from loose engine mount bolts or just plain beatin the pis out of the car . The nitro pit is ruff on equipment , trust me I know !

Yep loose bolts will do it! Or if the engine was tweaked at all when it was installed(not tightened in a star pattern, etc...) it will also do that when you case a jump! Monty will get it fixed up for you.:nod:

C-Dub 02-15-2010 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by houston (Post 7008538)
tucson ? ya , i guess that would be a little drive for ya

i will see what i can do on friday

buggy qualifying starts friday and early at that ;)

Maybe try to get it to one of the tucson guys heading up for practice on wednesday, I know Casey will be one of them, then Monty can try to find time Wednesday or Thursday night to do it and have it ready for you Friday morning

houston 02-15-2010 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by C-Dub (Post 7008955)
Maybe try to get it to one of the tucson guys heading up for practice on wednesday, I know Casey will be one of them, then Monty can try to find time Wednesday or Thursday night to do it and have it ready for you Friday morning

YO YO YO Dawg!!

whats up ? you ready?

Steebo 02-15-2010 04:33 PM

Look at that track side service!! Best in the biz! :nod:

dishsoap 02-15-2010 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by losi_racer (Post 7008790)
austin, are you in phoenix at all today or tommrow? if so ill meet u and take it to monty

Man thats a great idea. I am in Denver right now.

If I did find someone they would have to go to my house to pull the engine off the buggy.

I dont think my son has the strength to get it off. Maybe Eric or somone in Tucson thats going up would do it.

dishsoap 02-15-2010 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by C-Dub (Post 7008955)

Any Tucson racers have the time to pull if off of my sons buggy. I live in the rita ranch area. I know this is tall order favor wise.

I could have my wife meet someone with the buggy so that you could pull the engine. I have some more wrenching to do on it before the race.