RPM guages or hudy setup station?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RPM guages or hudy setup station?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 07:38 AM
Tech Regular

Default RPM guages or hudy setup station?

Hi guys, i was about to buy the hudy setup sation but after watching some adam drakes videos on youtube i see that he uses the team losi camber gauge for the adjustment of the camber.. so i dont know if it worths spending so much money on the hudy station..I know with the hudy i can set the toe but there is a toe guage from rpm as well so i might as well buy that which is 9 dollars..

What do you think guys?
Old 02-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Well alot of guys on here will tell you to break the bank for this hobby. I will tell you from experience that I have not personally seen anyone use a Hudy Board. Everyone I know, (including PRO Drivers) just use as camber guage, ride height and a digitial calipars..... I play with toys that are expensive enough I will not spends money on waste.... MY OPINION
Old 02-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1 for what token said. Not only is the hudy station way to much money but in offroad it really doesnt have to be that exact. I use the RPm gauge, digi calipers and set of wheels without tires on them, does the job just fine.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I've got the Hudy and the difference is night and day. It all comes down to what you want. Do you want precise measurements that can be replicated and easily adjusted, or do you want somewhat close measurements that are going to be a little different every time? I was blown away at how far off my measurements were when I bought the Hudy. Even if it doesn't help me, it gives me confidence in my setup because I know it's right. Confidence goes a LONG ways in racing and women.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

I have the Hudy Setup Station. It's very accurate and can do more than you might think... toe and steering throw, too. People like to borrow it from me, lol.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Well alot of guys on here will tell you to break the bank for this hobby. I will tell you from experience that I have not personally seen anyone use a Hudy Board. Everyone I know, (including PRO Drivers) just use as camber guage, ride height and a digitial calipars..... I play with toys that are expensive enough I will not spends money on waste.... MY OPINION
Toke you sound like me.
But
I have seen the hudy in action first hand. I thought my setup was good with my little plastic gauges and calipers. Nope. A fellow racer offered to check my settings after seeing me turning on stuff trying the get the correct turn-in I wanted.

We took the wheels off and he checked every setting on my truck. It was all out of wack. Toe was off nearly 2degrees from side to side for one. It looked right. haha.

He trued me up and mentioned how bad it was. He said I must have been fighting it. After we took the wheels off it took less than 5 minutes to check every measurement accurately.

The results were apparent on the track. It took less imput to drive the truck they way I needed to drive it which resulted in making me faster.

I still wouldn't buy it though. I don't have that type of cash. I'd rather buy that racer a slice of pizza or a coke from concessions to do it for me. I might have it done 2 or 3 times a season.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I have both, and i havent touched my hudy station in over a year. I will say, i think the losi camber and ride height gauges are better. They have a spring that holds everything in place, so it makes setting everything easy.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for all your replys i really appreciate it..
Old 02-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

has anyone used a M Racing set up station, there alot less money than a Hudy .
Old 02-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

I use the Hudy set-up station. Not the board, just a flat surface. It is much more accurate.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Im in a similar boat, Would love a hudy setup station but cant bring myself to spending the money on one.. I have always used calipers and camber gauge ect.. and the other week plopped it on my mates Hudy and WOW was it seriously out.. specially toe on the front!.. But, I reckon if you know someone that has one.. you can borrow/use once in a while.. thats good enough. There good, but A few crashes and its becomes off anyway. Alot of it is in the head..I mean..confidence There nice and useful but not worth the money..

But that's not to say if I had loads of dosh to spare wouldn't get one..
Old 02-12-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

Setup board is great for toe but are by no means necessary, with the slop in your car what is the use of setting up to .1 of a degree anyway.

If you have the money, buy one for sure but do not let anyone tell you they are a necessity.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

"There good, but A few crashes and its becomes off anyway. Alot of it is in the head."

This is what I was getting at. Yeah Im sure the hudy is way more accurate but does it really matter?
Old 02-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

losi gauges work great. the springs are a nice touch.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

Yea I have just got the Losi Ride Height Gauge and use the RPM Camber gauge.. I have some digi plastic calipers.. but may get a good set-Or replace my batts in mine as its dying haha But tbh.. Unless you have the spare cash.. I would just get some gauges and occasionally ask to put it on a mates or something.. But, tbh... its not crucial at all..just wish there was a toe gauge you can buy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.