Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
wow a novalosi engine? >

wow a novalosi engine?

wow a novalosi engine?

Old 02-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
horizon is a "toy" company anymore , not sure why (besides money) novarossi would want to be associated with a "rtr toy" company .

thats all i am gonna say anout that
Man, it's silly that a announcment of a engine brings out all this negative in people. Horizon is a very smart company who offers something for everyone. In todays world you can't rely on a "race buggy" for your sale. You have to offer something for everyone from your most experienced racer, your rtr guy, toy guy and so on. I think that very thing is why horizon is one of the better more established companies out. It's also why companies who offer just a race truck or car may have harder times. It's less to fall back on. Understanding that the race crowd is a very small portion of this industry will also show you that it's a smart desicion to offer things that are geared more towards fun and playing.

Even so, losi although within Horizon is a company in itself. Last check Losi offers one of the best and most popular race rigs on the market. They spend a lot time focusing on event support, R&D, Team, support for the public on the forums, and in the end this trickles down to something to be proud of and I know I am. I'm not one to argue the best, etc but it's hard if not impossible to deny the fact thta losi is one of if not the most popular 1/8 buggy and truggy on the market as voted by the consumers it seems. Several years in fact. Sales do not lie or pick sides.

I for one understand and can relate to the hard work that goes into things with any major company. So I'm not gonna bash any car/brand. I have seen the dedication first hand at losi and I am proud to be a part of them.

Respectfully I'll go against your comment and say with a educated opinion that it's a great thing. It will be a solid engine and a great race level engine. It gives the guys who can't justify $350 a chance to get something in the $250 range and still have quality and support.

Even further, you will get great parts support, customer service, team support, and so on. So the engine may not be for everyone. Some may want to get the popular 21-4,vspec,etc, but rest assured this engine will suit many racers out there. It will also prove to have great on track performance as it already has in testing...
Old 02-09-2010, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

this is from adam drake on the losi site

The Nova Rossi Plus 4 has more overall power. Nitrotec Engine is smoother.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ABURTON
Man, it's silly that a announcment of a engine brings out all this negative in people. Horizon is a very smart company who offers something for everyone. In todays world you can't rely on a "race buggy" for your sale. You have to offer something for everyone from your most experienced racer, your rtr guy, toy guy and so on. I think that very thing is why horizon is one of the better more established companies out. It's also why companies who offer just a race truck or car may have harder times. It's less to fall back on. Understanding that the race crowd is a very small portion of this industry will also show you that it's a smart desicion to offer things that are geared more towards fun and playing.

Even so, losi although within Horizon is a company in itself. Last check Losi offers one of the best and most popular race rigs on the market. They spend a lot time focusing on event support, R&D, Team, support for the public on the forums, and in the end this trickles down to something to be proud of and I know I am. I'm not one to argue the best, etc but it's hard if not impossible to deny the fact thta losi is one of if not the most popular 1/8 buggy and truggy on the market as voted by the consumers it seems. Several years in fact. Sales do not lie or pick sides.

I for one understand and can relate to the hard work that goes into things with any major company. So I'm not gonna bash any car/brand. I have seen the dedication first hand at losi and I am proud to be a part of them.

Respectfully I'll go against your comment and say with a educated opinion that it's a great thing. It will be a solid engine and a great race level engine. It gives the guys who can't justify $350 a chance to get something in the $250 range and still have quality and support.

Even further, you will get great parts support, customer service, team support, and so on. So the engine may not be for everyone. Some may want to get the popular 21-4,vspec,etc, but rest assured this engine will suit many racers out there. It will also prove to have great on track performance as it already has in testing...
i didnt mean it quite as negative as you read into it alan

its no secret that losi is not as it used to be , many of the team guys even feel as though it is hard to deal with but justified by their paychecks

gil losi jr. even said , i am embarassed to see my name on the cars .

i am all for progression in RC but its just hard to see something you believe in turning into a "toy" company buddy

i do hope this engine will be every bit as good as the high dollar race engines but not too sure . i am 99% sure the internals are this 15009 crank , E1 rod , 08002 p/s set and 28002 .

untuned plus4
Old 02-09-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

i'm sure it's all about them dollar signs. both companies probably see potential profits from this partnership so they went for it regardless of brand reputation. you got one of the most reputable engine manufacturers out there and another company that possesses large capability in distribution, sales, marketing, etc... so you have what is a strong candidate for a quality product and a sales force to promote the product. from a strictly business standpoint there's lots of potential for cha ching here. at the end of the day, we are all capitalist pigs trying to rake in the dough so that we can bake our goods.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Every R/C company is a "toy" company.

I think ABurton is right, Losi has huge momentum and big market share in 1/8th scale. Novarossi is tapping that with Losi branding and Horizon distribution. If the engine is good (it will be) then this is a pretty big win for them. For those that feel Horizon isn't someone they want to buy from the engines will still be available in purple. Smart move for Nova imo.

FWIW, raising volume should reduce price.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

WOW, Losi race rollers are very fast cars, they require more maintenance than others and are more expenssive to run, but they are fast cars, I ran the 2.0 T & B last year and hands down the 2.0T is the best handling truggy out there. I am runing Kyosho this year because I got offered a nice package to run it, and before losi I was running the MBX6 and yes huge diference betwen the Mugen and Kyosho to the Losi. the losi is a fast car and easy to work on. I am no defending Losi, just stating my mind. the wear and tear on the losi compared to Mugen and Kyosho is high, but the parts are cheaper and the car is easy to work on. And Novarossi please stop, it they have been in business longer than most, I remember 20 years ago there was Top (Novarossi off road motors), Rex (Novarossi on road motors), Picco, OPS, and OS, and guess what all of this manufactures are still around, if Losi wants a Novarossi manufactured motor that is great, it will do wonders for there name, and probably won't be a power house like the Toro, FMS or 367 but it will be a reliable novarossi mill made for Losi.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I bet they didn't see this level of "discussion" to come from a homologated engine project

Getting more press from it than the new car and anything else they've released in the past 6 months
Old 02-09-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Davidka
Every R/C company is a "toy" company.

I think ABurton is right, Losi has huge momentum and big market share in 1/8th scale. Novarossi is tapping that with Losi branding and Horizon distribution. If the engine is good (it will be) then this is a pretty big win for them. For those that feel Horizon isn't someone they want to buy from the engines will still be available in purple. Smart move for Nova imo.

FWIW, raising volume should reduce price.
i will agree with that , i would reaaaallllyyyy hate to see QA go down because of it though
Old 02-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Holy cow, a flame war over a new product that nobody has any hard facts about. Is the moon full?
Old 02-09-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
well you need a computer station like mine

Daaaaang! I thought I was high tech!
Attached Thumbnails wow a novalosi engine?-etchasketch.jpg  
Old 02-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by ABURTON

i agree with you man theres isnt anything ,,wrong with offering a lower dollar itatian engine.. so advatage joes can afford,, a good quality race engine...
and having the engine parts, not cost a arm and a leg.

but i really dont understand why losi ,went down the (toy) quality route ..
although i dont order from horizon ,i think the prices are a bit high.
Old 02-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DOMIT
Daaaaang! I thought I was high tech!
is that thing 3G compatible?
Old 02-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I wonder if it will based off the P3 that Novarossi has on their site. I haven't seen it anywhere in the states yet but have seen a few on ebay. I could see it having a crank similar to the P5 or Plus 4 with a decent carb, 3 port sleeve etc. Maybe they will drop the P3XL and make this one instead??? Just speculating here. I agree with most. It should be a decent runner with an attractive price tag. We will all see in time
Old 02-09-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Hey houston, I hear where you are coming from but don't forget, Nova has made TMaxx motors before.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by wingracer
Hey houston, I hear where you are coming from but don't forget, Nova has made TMaxx motors before.
not traxxas branded engines though

i am not saying it will be junk or losi is crap , i am saying that it is very hard for me to say that i think novarossi buying into the "toy car" market is a good idea , smart for marketing ? probably , bad for keeping there reputation for "the highest quality rc micromotors" ? probably

i guess we will just see how it plays out

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.