Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Purchased a GT2, what class do I race in? >

Purchased a GT2, what class do I race in?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Purchased a GT2, what class do I race in?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Addict

Default Purchased a GT2, what class do I race in?

Hey guys I'm new to nitro, I recently had a Slash but I wanted to have a Nitro for the obvious reasons! Anyways, I purchased a Team Associated GT2, do I race that in the 1/10 off road truck class? Is this a popular car to race? I'm new to racing too, so thanks for the help!
Old 02-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You'd have to race it in 1/10th gas truck class. If your track has one. It's a fairly dead class these days, unless there's more than normal local interest. If not, maybe they'd let you run with mod truck, but you'll be at a serious disadvantage against elec. trucks.

Run it in any class the track will let you and try to just have fun with it, until you come to realize that nitro is a PITA, then sell it and get a 2wd or 4wd CORR truck.
Old 02-06-2010, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Haha I already have an electric Slash and I always wanted a nitro. The pull start is already pita... but otherwise im enjoying the speed and power of the Nitro. I was told this was a popular class, but oh well its my first one I guess ill learn while I race this spring and summer!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

It *may* be a popular class at your local track.

1/10 gas truck USED to be huge...until 1/8 nitro took off around 2003-4. Then the class basically dwindled because the 1/8 truggies are so much easier to bomb around. They don't take the same surgical precision and patience a 1/10 2wd overpowered truck requires in order to be fast.

You have a fine truck, so if nothing else have fun with it.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
You'd have to race it in 1/10th gas truck class. If your track has one. It's a fairly dead class these days, unless there's more than normal local interest. If not, maybe they'd let you run with mod truck, but you'll be at a serious disadvantage against elec. trucks.

Run it in any class the track will let you and try to just have fun with it, until you come to realize that nitro is a PITA, then sell it and get a 2wd or 4wd CORR truck.

im guessing you just were never ,a nitro kind of guy to begin with lol.