Wiki Posts
Search

Buggy racing vibrates my FM radio

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Buggy racing vibrates my FM radio

Anyone tried the Airtronics MX-3 with the 2.4 ghz. Will that stop my glitches in Nitro buggy? I noticed that everyone uses 2.4 now, and I could be getting interference from those higer powered radios. Should I get the mx-3 2.4 2nd version...It's only 150. Any help would be appriciated....
Old 02-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

save a little longer and get a m11x maybe a used one for around 200...

they make tuning easy!
Old 02-02-2010, 11:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A 2.4ghz radio will solve your problem, but an FM won't glitch in a buggy unless there is something wrong. You might have a bad crystal, a metal on metal vibration on the buggy, or perhaps outside interference from something near the track. I've been running FM for the last 6 years and I've never had any glitching problems.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hey wheelnut, your right.....

I was so discouraged about the sticking throttle I thought was glitches, I haven't messed with my car since saturday. Tonight I turned on my radio and car and it was the rear brake rod sticking against the tiny little washer that goes on before the fuel tubing. I can't believe it hung enough to stop my bls futaba from centering, but I could tell there was some funny business in that area when the radio was new about 4-5 months ago, so long story short the old fm radio wasn't having interfearance, or anything like that, it was a mechanical issue. Grrrr. I had to pull out of a money race for a tiny washer. Thanks for your input, it made me think, you know it really never glitches because everybody uses the 2.4 so I have my own frequency anyway. Thanks alot for your help.....Long live fm radio...No runaways....
Old 02-03-2010, 11:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by merdith6
I was so discouraged about the sticking throttle I thought was glitches, I haven't messed with my car since saturday. Tonight I turned on my radio and car and it was the rear brake rod sticking against the tiny little washer that goes on before the fuel tubing. I can't believe it hung enough to stop my bls futaba from centering, but I could tell there was some funny business in that area when the radio was new about 4-5 months ago, so long story short the old fm radio wasn't having interfearance, or anything like that, it was a mechanical issue. Grrrr. I had to pull out of a money race for a tiny washer. Thanks for your input, it made me think, you know it really never glitches because everybody uses the 2.4 so I have my own frequency anyway. Thanks alot for your help.....Long live fm radio...No runaways....
always ends up the tiniest lil things i had a servo wire wear through in one spot and intermitinly short out giving wide open throttle and didnt get to run my main and i thought it was somebody on my freq. then i tear into it and find it was a tiny lil bare spot on a wire irritating but thats racing