Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Byron's 30% vs Works 30% Your opinions please. >

Byron's 30% vs Works 30% Your opinions please.

Byron's 30% vs Works 30% Your opinions please.

Old 02-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HiVoltg12
I live in Iowa (where Byrons is made). I've always run it since most others at the track do - support your local fuel producer!

I've never had any problems with Byron so I continue to run it.
Right on brother!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We dont have Werks around here, but I run Byrons, and its the best that I have used.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sidewinder to OD to Byrons, and havnt looked back.
But if i was to try a differant brand it would coldfusion.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

any more opinions?
Old 02-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I know folks running both, both are good, you can't go wrong with either. I used to run Byron's Gen 1, even that was pretty good stuff.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I run Byrons 20% gen 2. I havent had any problems as of yet. But I do have a question about running 20% for racing what would I gain going to 30%?
Old 02-12-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Byrons has the complete package , is always consistent from one batch to the next and will not be beat !!! there is a reason so many pro drivers are running byrons
Old 02-12-2010, 11:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by houston
Byrons has the complete package , is always consistent from one batch to the next and will not be beat !!! there is a reason so many pro drivers are running byrons
i hear some bad stories about it, but i am switching back to it with the new alpha comming, torco is great fuel also, but i am also switching that way me and the 4 buddies i race with we can all run the same fuel.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by smokinu
i hear some bad stories about it, but i am switching back to it with the new alpha comming, torco is great fuel also, but i am also switching that way me and the 4 buddies i race with we can all run the same fuel.
you hear bad stories about what ?

gonorrhea?

why would you switch to something you "hear bad stories" about?

you will not find a more consistent blended fuel anywhere in the world
Old 02-12-2010, 11:52 PM
Tech Champion

you hear bad stories about what ?

gonorrhea?

why would you switch to something you "hear bad stories" about?

you will not find a more consistent blended fuel anywhere in the world
have you heard the stories about torco
i dont have a problem its been good for me and it will continue to be ran in my rtr motors.

but some people say the gen 2 fuel is very inconsistent, and what not, thats why they run the older hobby shop gold fuel what he has left anyways.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by smokinu
have you heard the stories about torco
i dont have a problem its been good for me and it will continue to be ran in my rtr motors.

but some people say the gen 2 fuel is very inconsistent, and what not, thats why they run the older hobby shop gold fuel what he has left anyways.
oh i have seen the stories you speak of first hand with torco fuels .

i have no idea where the inconsistent stories about byrons are coming from but i have never had 1 bad gallon out of 100's if not thousands of gallons that i have used or distributed

i can tell you that if you leave any fuel in a heated environment or on a concrete floor it will not last long
Old 02-13-2010, 12:02 AM
Tech Champion

oh i have seen the stories you speak of first hand with torco fuels .

i have no idea where the inconsistent stories about byrons are coming from but i have never had 1 bad gallon out of 100's if not thousands of gallons that i have used or distributed

i can tell you that if you leave any fuel in a heated environment or on a concrete floor it will not last long
i keep my fuel in my dark closet with no heater in sight,

byrons here i come, plus they offer that winner circle stuff dont they?

finish good with pics and you could get cash?
Old 02-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am going to run Byron's in my new JX.21 for the up coming race season. LOL I want to see what all the hype is about. I am sure it will be awesome. I am running O'Donnell at the moment and have nothing bad to say about it. But in order to see if there is a better out there you have to try different brands.

Back when Ty Tessman made the switch from O'Donnell to Byron's I asked him what fuel he like better. He said Byron's ran cooler so he was able to lean the motor out more and therefore get better run time (He said about 30 seconds). Now of coarse this is coming from a person who is sponsored by Byron's so take it for what it's worth. But from the feedback on these forums I can easily see it being true.

But from some people at our track that were running Werks they seemed to really like it.
Old 02-13-2010, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So just curious as you are a person actively involved in the rc industry with your mail order/modification business and you posted that. The OP's question was specifically what peoples thoughts were about the difference between our fuel versus Byrons, what were your findings when you tested them back to back?
Old 02-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Werks
So just curious as you are a person actively involved in the rc industry with your mail order/modification business and you posted that. The OP's question was specifically what peoples thoughts were about the difference between our fuel versus Byrons, what were your findings when you tested them back to back?
i have ran many gallons/types of fuel including yours ron

the two best fuels for power on the market IMO are odonnell and werks

the best package as far as lubrication/power/engine protection is byrons

I have not one thing bad to say about anything your doing Ron but look at the big picture , it speaks for itself

the newer fuels are geared more towards power than engine protection so i recommend using after run oil after your done with your engine for the day .
rbmods after run oil is an excellent product

and i will agree with your comments about back to back differences you posted in another thread

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.