Some O.S eye candy

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I am very stunned by the gold head
Old 01-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

The soft crank pin of the V-Spec is one of it's problems.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Wow thats totally left field hey will be interesting to see what is taking its place yes i would like to see a new OS same as the Ninja...interesting
Old 01-29-2010, 06:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Same as the Ninga? I don't think so. OS is a good company and to have an engine that was copied (or based from) from them beat them just isn't going to happen long. You know whatever they come out with will be better than the Ninja. Your going to pay for it but it will be the new benchmark. Just my two cents.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The orange head, just doesn't do it for me. Makes it look like a Go
Old 01-29-2010, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think the orange/Gold is sharp. The GO in the sun just looks awsome. It almost does look like candy.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
The orange head, just doesn't do it for me. Makes it look like a Go
I cant believe we are even mentioning the GO in the same sentence with this legend! That will be a sure example of looks being deceiving!!!!

I will buy one just to put away... Hopefully it comes in a commemorative box with a nice little write up about the engine and its accomplishments.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

The Vspec has been the worlds leading selling engine for the last 6 years..... 2nd place isnt even close, the numbers are astounding..... I'm sure the replacement will be the next benchmark that everyone will go broke trying to compete with.... again

I tried a ninja and wasnt impressed..... some low end was sacrificed and runtime isnt even close. I went back to Vspecs/Speeds pretty quick
Old 01-29-2010, 08:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by underway
I cant believe we are even mentioning the GO in the same sentence with this legend! That will be a sure example of looks being deceiving!!!!

I will buy one just to put away... Hopefully it comes in a commemorative box with a nice little write up about the engine and its accomplishments.
I ilke OS don't get me wrong, that's why I don't understand there color choice, Head shape and color is what diferentiate this motors when on the buggy, I if am running one I want people to know by just looking at it, that I am running OS.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Addict

They don't need a new engine, just improve the one they have!Like a harder crank,better bearings,longer lasting piston and sleeve,stronger case,stronger rod.OS are the most over rated engines out there IMO.I cant help but laugh every time I see some poor sap with a 500$ speed. (heat shields deployed)
Old 01-29-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 3DRCRACER
Same as the Ninga? I don't think so. OS is a good company and to have an engine that was copied (or based from) from them beat them just isn't going to happen long. You know whatever they come out with will be better than the Ninja. Your going to pay for it but it will be the new benchmark. Just my two cents.
Cough..O.S. makes the ninja..Cough

Originally Posted by BeefHead
They don't need a new engine, just improve the one they have!Like a harder crank,better bearings,longer lasting piston and sleeve,stronger case,stronger rod.OS are the most over rated engines out there IMO.I cant help but laugh every time I see some poor sap with a 500$ speed. (heat shields deployed)
Sounds like they need a new engine to me.

I would like to see the DLC crank, JX engine case and the speed style rod in the standard V-Spec (pretty much a 3 port ninja) it will help the engine life the fact that they need a pinch (for the most part) at 5-6 gallons will always be the Japanese way. I for one am excited to see if the V-Spec is replaced and if it is still under $300.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think y'all have it wrong, the article is talking about the speed engine a blue head v spec has never won 4 IFMAR World titles.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

The article says the V-Spec will use the Speed II head. Sounds like it's the standard Blue head V-Spec.

Edit: Additionally, the Specs state it's a 3 port while the Speed is a 4 port.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Alan D.
The article says the V-Spec will use the Speed II head. Sounds like it's the standard Blue head V-Spec.

Edit: Additionally, the Specs state it's a 3 port while the Speed is a 4 port.
I thought they both have the same amount of ports, just the machining is a little differant.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

The Speed and Vspec are both 3 ports actually.

Just sleeve work done on the speed plus the Crank/Conrod and Creamic rear bearing.

Some people count the Exhaust port a 4th port like Nova, but they are really 3 Ports.

+1 on the guy that finally stated the Ninja is made by OS just put to Ninja specs. The biggest difference is the different cases (both still made by OS) and the fact that the Ninja is a 5 port not a 3 port.

And a 4-5 gallon Vspec needing a pinch.... Please... Everyone knows that VSpecs run way better then anything ever once they start to lose compression, and will last if cared for and maintain the bearings and conrod that goes with any engine. I check these 2 things in any engine after break-in and around the 5 gallon mark.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.