Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hudy Set Up Station

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Hudy Set Up Station

Well I picked one up today and set the buggy up and wow, I thought I was set up pretty well with the tools I already have but I was way off...camber, toe was way off...I think I'm going to like using it......
Old 01-23-2010, 04:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mudboger07
Well I picked one up today and set the buggy up and wow, I thought I was set up pretty well with the tools I already have but I was way off...camber, toe was way off...I think I'm going to like using it......

Dude I know exactly what your talking about. I don't own one but a racer at our club offerd to set up my truck with his. Like you I thought my little proline gauges had me spot on. Yeah right!! i was so off he mentioned it must have been hard to drive. The next heat my truck seemed more stable and consistent when turning right and left. haha

I wish I had the cash to buy all the techy stuff but I would rather just pay him a few bucks to take 5 minutes to make sure my setup is true.

How much did you get your setup for? Amain?
Old 01-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

i would like to get one of those. it would be much simpler lol but its pretty pricey
Old 01-23-2010, 04:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

i try to get most of my hobby parts from the local hobby stores here even if it is a few bucks more.... but i paid about $165 for it...well worth it esp if it helps me set up my sons buggy for him....
Old 01-23-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default hudy set up station

I have the complete set up station for the 1/8 off road buggy & truggy. It is very fine quality . The only thing is, is the extras that you need that do not come with it to make it "complete". IE> the set up droop blocks, the truggy top plate as the buggy one is too short. the wheel nuts to hold it on the plates as the regular nuts wont hold tight unless you wrench them on and off . all said and done its more like a 250.00 "complete set up" You can really dial in the set up and its well worth the investment . But I found the extras really make the system complete. The board and decal are also nice to have but a flat table will suffice . Good luck!!
Old 01-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by simonr
I have the complete set up station for the 1/8 off road buggy & truggy. It is very fine quality . The only thing is, is the extras that you need that do not come with it to make it "complete". IE> the set up droop blocks, the truggy top plate as the buggy one is too short. the wheel nuts to hold it on the plates as the regular nuts wont hold tight unless you wrench them on and off . all said and done its more like a 250.00 "complete set up" You can really dial in the set up and its well worth the investment . But I found the extras really make the system complete. The board and decal are also nice to have but a flat table will suffice . Good luck!!
I used some ride hight blocks i already have (homemade) but I'll prob go get a set from the hobby next week, this is a well designed station and wel worth it....
Old 01-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

right. the fella who set up mine in his trailer, with air conditioning, television and microwave had the WHOLE setup. everything was hudy. i wish i had that type of cheese. he's good people so i usually offer him a coke/ refreshments even though he would do it for free. he checked everthing on my truck in about five minutes
Old 01-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thats the cool thing I noticed using the hudy set up station, it doesnt take very long at all and al the guess work is gone.....
Old 01-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Just wait till the guys post saying a soda can & broke up pit table works just as well. Always happens on these threads & their always sure I wasted my money. I dont bother trying to explain how much more pleasent that money has made my life.If your good enough to feel comfortable duplicating what works by eyeball thats good for you but I aint,I take all the help I can afford.

You can easily make your own droop blocks for free but those new finger wheel nut things look like money well spent for sure. I think they even make them to hold the fixtures together.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by butch man
Just wait till the guys post saying a soda can & broke up pit table works just as well. Always happens on these threads & their always sure I wasted my money. I dont bother trying to explain how much more pleasent that money has made my life.If your good enough to feel comfortable duplicating what works by eyeball thats good for you but I aint,I take all the help I can afford.

You can easily make your own droop blocks for free but those new finger wheel nut things look like money well spent for sure. I think they even make them to hold the fixtures together.
Ya I picked up the finger screws also with it, I didnt wanna have to get a tool out just to put it together..lol I do enough of that working on my sons buggy.....lol
Old 01-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Just got the Hudy carry case for it.It should have come with it but atleast now I don't have to carry the stupid box around with me.The case is nice,to salty,but real nice.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CHOAS
Just got the Hudy carry case for it.It should have come with it but atleast now I don't have to carry the stupid box around with me.The case is nice,to salty,but real nice.
Do you have a link to the case?
Old 01-24-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Where & how much for the case? I cary mine in a old pmb setup case but I bet Hudy would have a way more tricked out case.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Default hudy case

Yes Hudy has a tricked out case for a tricked out price. 65.00 It is multi colored and says in big bold lettering "PLEASE STEAL ME" right on the front
Old 01-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Hudy case

Amain hobbies has it and is is very nice and well put together

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.