Throttle movements while driving..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Throttle movements while driving..

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 06:28 PM
Tech Regular

Default Throttle movements while driving..

I noticed that the drivers do quick movement on the throttle and also by watching videos i noticed that those movements help doing better cornering and when cars go through rough sections..

What do you guys think?
Old 01-26-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

you noticed exactly right! feathering, or blip-ing the throttle helps alot.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

I find myself doing the throttle blipping, it's easier for me to do that then to roll the throttle thru a turn. It's a nitro thing.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've been trying to teach my son to do this, but can someone explain the reason for blipping the throttle? I under the empression it's to keep the rpms up is this correct? Also is this something you do only going into a corner? thanks
Old 01-26-2010, 07:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

oh no. i seem to remember quite the thread on this very subject. some blip the throttle to clear fuel out of the carb to avoid bog, some do it because their trigger fingers have periodic seizures anytime their car approaches a corner, some swear it is faster than being smooth. who knows, everyone will put in their two cents and tell you they are right.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default "blipping" the steering?

I noticed also that a couple of guys at the track kind of steer the same way, instead of using smooth motions thru the turns, they kinda "blip" the wheel. Does anyone else do this?
Old 01-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by C.Harper
oh no. i seem to remember quite the thread on this very subject. some blip the throttle to clear fuel out of the carb to avoid bog, some do it because their trigger fingers have periodic seizures anytime their car approaches a corner, some swear it is faster than being smooth. who knows, everyone will put in their two cents and tell you they are right.
I can see blipping to clear the carb as you exit a corner, that does make since...I've notced a few guys blipping just before intering a corner also....when doing it on entery i take it that they let off the throttle alittle to soon and are trying to keep up speed upon intering the corner?
Old 01-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I cant possibly fathom how it would produce quicker laptimes. No blips for me.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mudboger07
I can see blipping to clear the carb as you exit a corner, that does make since...I've notced a few guys blipping just before intering a corner also....when doing it on entery i take it that they let off the throttle alittle to soon and are trying to keep up speed upon intering the corner?
well that could be to clear fuel which builds up in the carb after a straight. you go from full throttle to full brake but all that fuel pressure still forces some unwanted fuel into the carb. a quick blip will get rid of it so you dont bog on exit. more likely: they were too conservative on the brakes and slowed too early so a blip will throw them into the corner at the right speed.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by C.Harper
well that could be to clear fuel which builds up in the carb after a straight. you go from full throttle to full brake but all that fuel pressure still forces some unwanted fuel into the carb. a quick blip will get rid of it so you dont bog on exit. more likely: they were too conservative on the brakes and slowed too early so a blip will throw them into the corner at the right speed.
lol now it's starting to make since....Thanks Harper..
Old 01-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default BLIPPING??????????

If your low speed needle is set correctly, you should'nt HAVE to blip it in that short amount of time.

However, if that's your style, go for it-(but you're kiling your mileage.)
Old 01-27-2010, 02:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And here I thought it was for locking up the cluch for the pull after the turn. When you run hard springs you gotta keep the RPM's up for pulls. Befor the corner its for snap rotating the turn. No need for blue grove, then stay smooth. If your tune is spot on there's no need for clear outs. Tune that cluch for the track.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:18 AM
Tech Lord

The smoother you drive the less impact is has on your physical and mental condition. No blipping for me, only a good clutch, a not to rich adjusted LSN and a smooth movement on the throttle when going out of a corner.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roelof
The smoother you drive the less impact is has on your physical and mental condition. No blipping for me, only a good clutch, a not to rich adjusted LSN and a smooth movement on the throttle when going out of a corner.

This I will try to teach him this year, It seemed liek inthe last of last year in a 30 min main he drove faster the longer he ran, being able to keep up with everyone (he is 9) and if memory serves me correctly he wasn;t blipping at all towards the end of the race and pit time were great...I'm goingto look into this this year and see what we need to change in driving style...
Old 01-27-2010, 06:39 AM
Tech Master

If he's keeping up and getting great mileage, at 9 years old, then I don't think he needs to change Pretty soon guys will be asking him for pointers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.