Wiki Posts
Search

can you bump start a pull start motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default can you bump start a pull start motor

hey guys title says it all.got a buddy with a cheap motor with a pull start that wants to come out and play at the track..can he use our starter box instead of the pull start and still leave it on???
Old 01-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trickedout
hey guys title says it all.got a buddy with a cheap motor with a pull start that wants to come out and play at the track..can he use our starter box instead of the pull start and still leave it on???
You'll break the 1 way bearing on the pullstart. Not sure if that is the only problem.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Prophet

i done it before on my associated gt2 with, the one way bearing and i guess i was lucky i never messed ,up the one way bearing.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:11 PM
yai
Tech Rookie

yes you can.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

well someone told me you could pull the starter out and then turn it over just fine just dont want him to break anything but it be nice if he didnt have to use the pullstart for the day??
Old 01-24-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Prophet

how does the losi eight-t 1.0 handle, by the way ,i bought a used one from a racer. does it jump good and handle good?
Old 01-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by madweazl
You'll break the 1 way bearing on the pullstart. Not sure if that is the only problem.
This is the funniest thing i read all day bumping it over on a box is no different than the engine running. to answer your question you can do it all day long and not hurt a thing. Only way you would damage anything is to turn over motor backwards.

Originally Posted by tc5 man
how does the losi eight-t 1.0 handle, by the way ,i bought a used one from a racer. does it jump good and handle good?
the 8ight t is one great rig you will be happy with it
Old 01-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yes no problem.
You need to make sure the box spins the flywheel in the correct direction or you will break the pull start string/handle right off.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

well someone told me you could pull the starter out and then turn it over just fine just dont want him to break anything but it be nice if he didnt have to use the pullstart for the day??
yes you can, I ran a revo all last year doing the same thing, I took the guts our of the roto start and used a starter box... worked great....
Old 01-24-2010, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

well ive just started not to long ago and started with a jammin crt x1 and its worlds better...i have a little slop in my front end from buying it used but it rocks..my brother also races a 1.0 and hes won 5 straight at our local club races beating losi 2.0 and mbx6t's....they handle great i cant wait to try a 2.0
Old 01-24-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

hey guys thanks for the quick repsonses we will give it a go this weekend !!!
Old 01-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Tech Prophet

well ive just started not to long ago and started with a jammin crt x1 and its worlds better...i have a little slop in my front end from buying it used but it rocks..my brother also races a 1.0 and hes won 5 straight at our local club races beating losi 2.0 and mbx6t's....they handle great i cant wait to try a 2.0

oh ok yea i have to replace all the gears, on my eight-t 1.0 from being used no big deal though, its actually gone to be my first, season racing my truggy
i did race my eight 1.0 buggy.

i did drive others eight-t 1.0 and if you drove, it smooth it dint like it it would push bad lol. it seems to like to be driven hard.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Tech Master

oh ok yea i have to replace all the gears, on my eight-t 1.0 from being used no big deal though, its actually gone to be my first, season racing my truggy

i did drive others eight-t 1.0 and if you drove, it smooth it dint like it it would push bad lol. it seems to like to be driven hard.
yea i found that out myself..at first i complained that it didnt turn any better than the jammin but as i pushed it harder i found thats how it likes to be...on the edge!!
Old 01-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Prophet

yea i found that out myself..at first i complained that it didnt turn any better than the jammin but as i pushed it harder i found thats how it likes to be...on the edge!!

lol yea thats why i what, to race a truggy so i can drive it harder, i can tell you one thing though.the losi eight 1.0 buggy doesnt like to ,be driven that hard lol.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

my buddy has 1.0 truggy and we didnt have the problem steering maybe the setup your running not to sure but a great truck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.