R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   hb d8t vs losi 8ight t race roller (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/363512-hb-d8t-vs-losi-8ight-t-race-roller.html)

rcdude236 01-23-2010 10:26 PM

hb d8t vs losi 8ight t race roller

Alright im looking to get my first truggy and here is the two cars im looking at.I thought about the mugen but got no local support. I like the d8t cause of cost but ive heard great things about the losi. What is the better car to go with? What are the pros and cons of each?

carlam 01-23-2010 11:17 PM

Personal preference really. The Hot bodies are one of the best out there IMO just as much as a contender as Losi. Dont let the price fool you.

vladconnery 01-24-2010 05:14 AM

Buy the one that YOU like. For whatever silly reason you like it. You will be happier in the long run. ALL top brands are competitive. ALL top brands have there quirks. However if YOU like the car. You will look past whatever idiosyncrasy's the car might have. You will definitely have more fun racing and playing with the one you like. As compared to going with a FAN BOYS opinion and choice. Actually you will probably end up hating the car and even worse the hobby. If you go with someone Else's opinion. You picked two nice cars you can't loose either way. :tire::nod::nod::tire:

NDHotbodies 01-24-2010 05:24 AM

two good choises, as I'm sure theres many more others.. we run both here, as said, personal preference plays a key role,, just go with your gut instinct with one of these two or maybe something different.. you'll have a blast either way..

heidmann1 01-24-2010 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by vladconnery (Post 6898777)
Buy the one that YOU like. For whatever silly reason you like it. You will be happier in the long run. ALL top brands are competitive. ALL top brands have there quirks. However if YOU like the car. You will look past whatever idiosyncrasy's the car might have. You will definitely have more fun racing and playing with the one you like. As compared to going with a FAN BOYS opinion and choice. Actually you will probably end up hating the car and even worse the hobby. If you go with someone Else's opinion. You picked two nice cars you can't loose either way. :tire::nod::nod::tire:

Could not have put it better myself!:nod:

Hes right ! buy what you like any of the top brands kits are good. Just pick one that you like and go with it. There is a lot of people who bash evey other brand if it is the one one they dont own!!lol:lol:......

Greg B 01-24-2010 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by vladconnery (Post 6898777)

One of the best that I've read.

itsshemp 01-24-2010 08:09 AM

GREAT advice guys! Its awsome to see some great UN-biased opinions on a thread such as this!

I dont think I can add anything to this.:nod:

bobbyblaze 01-24-2010 09:04 AM

IMO kinda go with the one your LHS has parts instock, i use to run jammin but my lhs or i have too order partsand something breaks i had to sit out a race so i made the swich to losi because both the lhs in my area have parts in stock

rcdude236 01-24-2010 10:41 PM

ive heard the d8t is best at cornering and it handles the best out of the truggies. I heard the bad point of it was the jumping that it didnt jump as well as the others? is that true? I want that kinda car. we dont have a lot of jumps indoors or out doors so thats what i need.

v6shooter 01-24-2010 11:08 PM

I think its more of setup.Both are great truggy.I seen them both on rails,balls to the wall etc. Have fun driving one of the two or both:)

rcdude236 01-25-2010 06:19 AM

alright sweet thanks again

blktransam 01-25-2010 07:42 AM

go with the D8-t, you can get 2 for the price of one almost. great truck very sturdy I have no issues with jumping mine

rcdude236 01-25-2010 06:17 PM

this is kinda off topic but how long will these set of tires last? i mean like on road? i run on road and off road. Like i have my own little track me and my buddy made but sometimes i just drive my car out front for fun up and down the road. we make little circle course and stuff. Would the work ok or will the be gone? cause i know on my electric if you run tires like that on road you get like an hour of time on them ha.:lol: or should i just go with a mt tire?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Truck-Tires-2

blktransam 01-25-2010 07:14 PM

those are for a monster truck not a truggy...and no I would nto run them on the street they will wear out...

kgombe 01-25-2010 07:25 PM

how are they not for truggy they were made for trugyy... as a matter of fact roar had to change the rules to allow monster trucks to use them because tehy were to narrow.... they are LPR.. yes they would work just get LPR rims and not the VTR and you should be fine.. and no they are not for the street

A-main has all their truck tires o=under monster truck....