NEW AGAMA A8 BUGGGY >

NEW AGAMA A8 BUGGGY

NEW AGAMA A8 BUGGGY

Old 11-20-2018, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darkspy View Post
Hey guys,

yesterday I got an used Agama A8 Evo with tons of spare parts.
I will use it beside my RC8B3 on our local track as a Brushless Buggy for the breaks between the Nitro "Races".

Does anyone of you know a electric engine mount wich fits on the A8 Evo?
The middle diff mounts of the Asso doesn´t fit very well, so the engine mount from the RC8B3E wont either...
Also the A215E looks very different, so this engine will not fit to, or will it?

thanks!

Hey there if you are looking for an electric motor mount, use the A215E mount/center diff mounts. I can get you part numbers if needed. You should be able to use the 215 battery tray as well. Some of the early a8 chassis varied on the mounting holes depending on what version of chassis you had.
Old 11-21-2018, 08:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you ROSCOE!

At this time I am not able to get the Agama A215E mount, its not available in my 'used to know' shops.
And ist unbelievable expensive

The Losi middle differential looks very similar.
Do you know if this is a fit? (Losi 8ight E 3.0)

The electrical motor mount from Losi is available and costs less than a half of the Agama.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Whats up everyone... just picked up a used A8 buggy and was wondering based on experience if the +4mm chassis upgrade is needed? Also was there anything you remember being notorious for breaking that i should upgrade right away? Thanks for any help
Old 03-05-2019, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jomo918 View Post
Whats up everyone... just picked up a used A8 buggy and was wondering based on experience if the +4mm chassis upgrade is needed? Also was there anything you remember being notorious for breaking that i should upgrade right away? Thanks for any help
As you get used to the buggy, If you can find a +4mm chassis and longer rear center driveshaft, it helps the car. An improvement, but not absolutely necessary. From my experience with the Agama vehicles, they are nearly indestructible. Good luck in your racing.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:21 AM
Tech Regular

Default gear mesh

Has anyone had issues with getting the clutch bell to mess nicely with the spur? i have 45T center gear and a 14t clutch bell and i could barely get it to make decent contact. do you guys dremel out the slots in the chassis to help get closer to the spur? i noticed that the clutch bell housing was very close to the center diff housing but wasn't touching. thanks for any help or insight.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jomo918 View Post
Has anyone had issues with getting the clutch bell to mess nicely with the spur? i have 45T center gear and a 14t clutch bell and i could barely get it to make decent contact. do you guys dremel out the slots in the chassis to help get closer to the spur? i noticed that the clutch bell housing was very close to the center diff housing but wasn't touching. thanks for any help or insight.
You should have a 17 tooth bell to start. These cars weren’t geared for a 14. The new option gears can get you there but not necessary.

http://www.competitionx.com/pdfs/veh...evo-manual.pdf
Old 03-08-2019, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ROSCOE View Post

You should have a 17 tooth bell to start. These cars weren’t geared for a 14. The new option gears can get you there but not necessary.

http://www.competitionx.com/pdfs/veh...evo-manual.pdf
thank you... I actually just figured that out by doing some more searching in this thread... I'm used to 13 and 14t bells and never owned an agama.... looks like I need to buy a 17t now.. lol... thanks alot for the response.