R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   buggy or truggy. Which do you prefer? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/362268-buggy-truggy-do-you-prefer.html)

dreaux 01-19-2010 10:20 PM

buggy or truggy. Which do you prefer?

I only have a buggy. But i am interested in what you people that have both prefer.

I know a truggy is easier to drive, but isn't the buggy faster and more aggressive?

So if you could only pick one, what would it be? And you Have to pick one. None of this "it depends on this and this" crap. So if you HAD to pick ONE what would it be?

Buggy?

Or

Truggy?:sneaky:

RAlmeida 01-19-2010 10:29 PM

Truggy

I race both, I practice only with only buggy because it is harder to drive fast, and lets face it...1/8 off road nitro is the Queen class. when I go from buggy to truggy the truggy feels lazy and underpowered but easier to drive fast, I am actually faster with my truggy.

jmaxey51 01-19-2010 10:31 PM

i mostly run buggy right now but i like truggy a lot better. im alot faster with it and the whole class is faster in general. im getting a new truggy as soon as i have the money. i like switching back and forth. driving the buggy helps alot in truggy because the truggy is more stable and you can drive them faster because of it.

smokinu 01-19-2010 10:52 PM

Truggy No wait Buggy No wait Truggy No wait buggy no wait Truggy No wait Buggy No wait Truggy No wait buggy no wait Truggy No wait Buggy No wait Truggy No wait buggy no wait Truggy No wait Buggy No wait Truggy No wait buggy no wait Truggy No wait Buggy No wait Truggy No wait buggy no wait Truggy No wait Buggy No wait Truggy No wait buggy no wait Truggy No wait Buggy No wait Truggy No wait buggy no wait Truggy No wait Buggy No wait Truggy No wait buggy no wait Truggy No wait Buggy No wait Truggy No wait buggy no wait Truggy No wait Buggy No wait Truggy No wait buggy no wait Truggy No wait Buggy No wait Truggy No wait buggy no wait Truggy No wait Buggy No wait Truggy No wait buggy no wait Truggy No wait Buggy No wait Truggy No wait buggy no wait Truggy No wait Buggy No wait Truggy No wait buggy no wait Truggy No wait Buggy No wait Truggy No wait buggy no wait Truggy No wait Buggy No wait Truggy No wait buggy no wait Truggy No wait Buggy No wait Truggy No wait buggy no wait its TRUGGY! its more laid back and just as fast you can push them a bit more then a buggy and stay in control.

NitroFreakManHo 01-19-2010 10:56 PM

Truggy

Semple 01-19-2010 11:10 PM

If I was traveling the world and racing all over the place and could only bring one, I'd bring buggy. It is definitely the premiere offroad class. Many parts of the world have no interest in truggy.

Having said that, I only just got a truggy late last season. It is so much easier to drive fast and put where you want it. I prefer driving the buggy, but driving the truggy definitely makes me a better buggy driver. Truggies are so retardedly easy to drive and easy to hit the same line lap after lap.

unsp0ken 01-19-2010 11:20 PM

buggy definitely. it's not always the faster one around the track but it's definitely the most fun.

WheelNut 01-19-2010 11:40 PM

Buggy any day! I don't like running truggy too much. I find them harder to drive than buggies, weird I know, because they are just so unresponsive compared to buggies. The huge tires carry so much mass and centrifugal force that cornering is delayed and the engine cannot rev as freely. Every movement a truggy makes is smooth, but slow, whereas a buggy is responsive and instantly controllable.
I raced mainly 2wd off road for my first years of racing, which is why I'm used to a responsive machine. I also drive a lot of touring car these days and running my buggy after my touring car is a bit disappointing as it feels like a dump truck. :lol: Truggy is even worse yet!

KendallWelch 01-20-2010 12:55 AM

Buggy; its the premier class of the world.

triplesix 01-20-2010 05:12 AM

Buggy here, too!
No question. I don't own a Truggy myself but I've driven a friend's RC8T a few times. Very nice handling, very easy to drive (fast) but after some time I start missing my agile and nimble RC8B buggy.
IMHO driving a Truggy is too simple - compared to racing Buggy.
But I have to admit it's still LOADS of fun! :D

crazysavage 01-20-2010 05:19 AM

Buggy...it's more challenging to set up and driving style is more crtical to winning and there are a whole lot of buggy brands that can win a race on any day at any track. I hate racing a class that has 15 or twenty cars from the same company. Truggy has fluctuating turn out where I race and more aggressive drivers who dont mind ruining your race day even when there 2 laps down.

blade954 01-20-2010 05:26 AM

Truggy

cary 01-20-2010 05:35 AM

I had only been running buggy but got a truggy back in September
and really liked it. I race both and they both have there ups and downs
but I think that I'm a better truggy driver than a buggy one
but it would be hard for me to give up one if I had to chose just one

Akhor 01-20-2010 06:28 AM

Buggy for sure.

dreaux 01-20-2010 06:42 AM

Looks like the buggy is the more popular of the two. I want a truggy for the simple fact that it's easier to drive. But then again, if i can drive my buggy real well that makes me a better driver.

Just wanted to see what people prefer. At least it wasn't "which is better, losi or AE":lol: