Wiki Posts
Search

ofna truggy

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default ofna truggy

Can someone tell what a ofna mutilator pro truggy roller would be worth with the stock servos. Its in good shape
Old 01-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

$100.00????? we need more info
Old 01-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Well, heres the deal. Its completely like it came out of the box, it it is in good shape, hardly any scapes on the chassis, it has original servos and the tires are like new. I took it in on a trade and when I got it home I found out the motor must be toast. A new glow plug, fresh fuel, still wont fire. I know that I should have listened to it run when I looked at it, he said he had it running that day, but I screwed up and took his word for it. Im not going to say who it was , I have messaged him to let him know what is up. The body is in very good shape also, I'm just disgusted and I think I'm just gonna take my loss and let it go as a roller, Im way bummed right now. Any advice?
Old 01-22-2010, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you put a decent body on it, it would make a nice shelf queen. Or a basher. Put the cheapest .28 in it that you can find and have some fun. It isn't race-worthy to begin with.

Maybe $25?
Old 01-22-2010, 05:10 AM
Tech Regular

Damn, thats the last time I will take anybodys word for it, I wonder what he would do if I showed up on his doorstep with it wanting an explination? Can you recommend a good budget minded engine for it, I dont really know anything about truggy engines. So far I have not received a response from him, so he knew it was junk
Old 01-22-2010, 08:39 AM
JUD
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cassidy
Damn, thats the last time I will take anybodys word for it, I wonder what he would do if I showed up on his doorstep with it wanting an explination? Can you recommend a good budget minded engine for it, I dont really know anything about truggy engines. So far I have not received a response from him, so he knew it was junk
Its not junk!! Sell it as is on ebay. Everyone cant afford 4 and 5 hundred dollar kits.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Well, he called me and I am going to take it back to him tomight and see if we can get it going. For awhile there I thought I got screwed, but he is going to make it right, that says a lot about a person. I hope everything works out.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JUD
Its not junk!! Sell it as is on ebay. Everyone cant afford 4 and 5 hundred dollar kits.
He means he thinks the engine is junk... I THINK.

Don't give up yet... get some help with the engine.

Tell us what it does or does not do...

1) What are you starting it with? Pull? Shaft? Starter box?

2) Is the engine easy or hard to turn over by hand? (By turning the flywheel with your finger through the slot in the chassis.)

3) What kind of fuel? Did you test the glow plug? (Is your ignitor charged?) Take the plug out and put the ignitor on it... does it glow? (be careful! It gets hot quick! pliers for holding are better than fingers!)
Old 01-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Ok, I am starting it with a roto start shaft in my drill, seems to spin pretty fast. I put a new glow plug in it, the same as what came out of it. I dumped out the old fuel and filled it full of fresh wildcat 20%. I made sure the engine was cleaned out before I put the new plug in. I put the plug in my ignitor and it glows red hot in about a secind, so I know its good. The engine has some resistance when turning it by hand, but it doesnt have as much resistance as the 3.3 in my slayer, so Im not sure if its enough. I took the line off the carb and blew in the pressure line and made sure there was fuel getting to the carb. So far the only thing I can think of is low compression. The needles are set to factory, any other suggestions?