R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   RB MODS 'ENGINE SLICK' (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/362067-rb-mods-engine-slick.html)

badjams 01-19-2010 12:18 PM

RB MODS 'ENGINE SLICK'

HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS STUFF?? REPORTS OF 28 GALLONS OUT OF A MOTOR ARE AMAZING!!

HERE'S THE LINK; http://rbmods.net/rbshop/index.php?t...product_id=131

RC-ZOMBIE 01-19-2010 12:27 PM

WOW, seems too good to be true!

MotoGod 01-19-2010 12:42 PM

28 gallons?!?!?!?!?! So this stuff is like Slick .5 (instead of Slick 50). Just read the description....sounds interesting. Sounds liek it basically coats the sleeve in super slick stuff to essentially remove the friction which causes the wear. Sounds like a sound theory, but since we get lubrication from our fuel...I imagine this would need to be applied EVERY time the engine is run. Small price to pay for an engine that lasts that long?

Now I also noticed they just said 28 gallons....they didn't say 28 gallons with no parts replacements. So I'd need more info before I dumped it in my engine....It does look pretty promising though.

JBURCH 01-19-2010 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE (Post 6876232)
WOW, seems too good to be true!

Exactly :lol::lol:

houston 01-19-2010 01:02 PM

it is excellent stuff!!!

all of ricks stuff is top notch as well is he , he puts a lot of thought and time into his products before he puts his name on them !!!

i would back his products in a heart beat :nod:

i have used this stuff and it definitely slows wear by a large margin ;)

merdith6 01-19-2010 01:24 PM

slick man sick stuff slick....

Not a bad idea...

DOMIT 01-19-2010 01:31 PM

Hmmm... I wonder if it really is "Slick 50" ("PTFE," or "Polytetraflouroethelene..." a.k.a. "Teflon") suspended in oil, or something else. :confused:

Maybe zinc dialkyldithiophosphate? :confused:

The first makes sense that you would NOT mix with the fuel (it could clog the carb.)

The second makes more sense to me, as it helps prevent metal scuffing. That's a common additive in engine oil. I don't know why it wouldn't just be added to the fuel though.

RAlmeida 01-19-2010 01:41 PM

SNAKE OIL

houston 01-19-2010 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by DOMIT (Post 6876484)
Hmmm... I wonder if it really is "Slick 50" ("PTFE," or "Polytetraflouroethelene..." a.k.a. "Teflon") suspended in oil, or something else. :confused:

Maybe zinc dialkyldithiophosphate? :confused:

The first makes sense that you would NOT mix with the fuel (it could clog the carb.)

The second makes more sense to me, as it helps prevent metal scuffing. That's a common additive in engine oil. I don't know why it wouldn't just be added to the fuel though.

he used to have a fuel additive , you couldnt really run the engine on the track and expect any performance out of the engine with the stuff in the fuel . you had to make sure it was all out of the tank .

this new stuff goes straight into the engine and it definitely works :nod:

kgombe 01-19-2010 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by houston (Post 6876615)
he used to have a fuel additive , you couldnt really run the engine on the track and expect any performance out of the engine with the stuff in the fuel . you had to make sure it was all out of the tank .

this new stuff goes straight into the engine and it definitely works :nod:

i second this.. and i stand by his work and products also... i have use this and have a gallon of fuel mixed up with this... all you need is a tank of fuel through your engine once a month or so and you will be fine... not for new engines though...

this is the new stuff... the older stuff you had add to your fuel... and it works great... thisstuff you just a few drops to your engine and you are good...

RC-ZOMBIE 02-03-2010 08:26 AM

how long will a bottle last you?