R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   need help with an engine question (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/361761-need-help-engine-question.html)

bonethugfro 01-18-2010 05:12 PM

need help with an engine question

i have a stock gs racing storm with the stock engine. i bought it used and the person i bought it from put a glow plug in with screwed up threads and the hole in the head button is stripped so i would like to know if an os head button would work fine as a replacement, it would cost me $45 if i can get the money or i will trade locally most of a top 350 engine for it(its a .21)
all help will be apreciated

Frank L 01-18-2010 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by bonethugfro (Post 6871914)
i have a stock gs racing storm with the stock engine. i bought it used and the person i bought it from put a glow plug in with screwed up threads and the hole in the head button is stripped so i would like to know if an os head button would work fine as a replacement, it would cost me $45 if i can get the money or i will trade locally most of a top 350 engine for it(its a .21)
all help will be apreciated

IDK if it will fit but I have several OS speed head buttons that are new, never ran (I use the Eb mods head button). Ill let you have one cheaper than that. Send me a pm if you find out if it will work.

TopGearRC 01-18-2010 05:19 PM

It would help if you can post the dimensions like diameter of the head button (top an bottom) and how many and how far the screws are, then maybe someone with an OS head button can measure his and tell you if it would fit or not. But in any case if you have more than 4 gallons on that engine its not worth spending another $50 into it, better off getting a new engine, just my $2/100

Frank L 01-18-2010 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by xjqkz (Post 6871955)
It would help if you can post the dimensions like diameter of the head button (top an bottom) and how many and how far the screws are, then maybe someone with an OS head button can measure his and tell you if it would fit or not. But in any case if you have more than 4 gallons on that engine its not worth spending another $50 into it, better off getting a new engine, just my $2/100

Thats true there are many engine choices out there today from 150-250 that will treat you very well. Good point xjqkz

bonethugfro 01-18-2010 06:48 PM

the full disk is about 34mm in diameter, the bottom combustion area is 15mm and the top cirle around the glow plug is 13mm. it has four holes that are evenly spaced at 22mm from the outside of one hole to the opposite edge of another
i can't post pics yet but the bolt spacing is the same as the novarossi top 350 br .21 (i checked the head and block for spacing and its the same) also the engine is supposedly only a half gal. past break in