Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Never order Factory direct... >

Never order Factory direct...

Never order Factory direct...

Old 01-14-2010, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Never order Factory direct...

As some may know I had to order some parts from Hot Bodies directly.. Mainly because they offer one part that none of the other online stores offer.. It is sway bar links.. I could probably find something that would work, but decided to order from them for this item and Front and Rear A-arms..

I ordered:
1 - Swaybar Set (HBC8108) ........ This is the one that no one else seems to carry.
1 - Front A-Arm set (67808)
1 - Rear A-Arm set (67809)

I got:
1 - Swaybar Set
2 - Rear A-Arm sets.

And since the front is broken I am outa commision until the ones I just ordered from R/C Planet get here.. I called HPI/HB and left a message.. I doubt I ever get a call back considering I have called them 3 times previous to this and got 1 answer and 2 no call backs.. If you can deal with anyone other than HB to get your parts do it.. HPi Customer Service is very low on my list right now..
Old 01-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

this could happen anywhere, just depends who is packing the orders or working the phones. i, personally, have had great customer service from hb when i had a lightning. i don't think its entirely appropriate to throw a blanket statement on all factory direct channels.

Last edited by C.Harper; 01-14-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
As some may know I had to order some parts from Hot Bodies directly.. Mainly because they offer one part that none of the other online stores offer.. It is sway bar links.. I could probably find something that would work, but decided to order from them for this item and Front and Rear A-arms..

I ordered:
1 - Swaybar Set (HBC8108) ........ This is the one that no one else seems to carry.
1 - Front A-Arm set (67808)
1 - Rear A-Arm set (67809)

I got:
1 - Swaybar Set
2 - Rear A-Arm sets.

And since the front is broken I am outa commision until the ones I just ordered from R/C Planet get here.. I called HPI/HB and left a message.. I doubt I ever get a call back considering I have called them 3 times previous to this and got 1 answer and 2 no call backs.. If you can deal with anyone other than HB to get your parts do it.. HPi Customer Service is very low on my list right now..
Sorry to here that you didn't get your part you ordered... if your ever in a bind and can't find or need a part in a rush, just send me a PM.... You should have let me send you them parts when I asked you last week

Don't let this get ya down.... I'm sure HB will take care of ya
Old 01-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lockmouth
Sorry to here that you didn't get your part you ordered... if your ever in a bind and can't find or need a part in a rush, just send me a PM.... You should have let me send you them parts when I asked you last week

Don't let this get ya down.... I'm sure HB will take care of ya
They did call back this time, which amazed me. And, I'm not down on their product, just their ability to call back... When I am told I'll get a call I expect a call. I don't care if it is a company a person or whom ever..

And your right I shoulda taken you up on your offer. The good news is the race I wanted to attend was cancelled due to extreme cold weather. It was highs of 19 on race day.. And had been cold like that for about 5 days prior..
Old 01-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 171 (97%+)

HB/HPI has excellent Customer Support. If you ever need any help, Just email them or call customer support. The few times i've had them check on my orders (when they have forgotten to email me my tracking #), they get right back to me.