Wiki Posts
Search

Rc8 best none race engine or?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Rc8 best none race engine or?

hey there.i have a rc8 rtr rs with all the mods to be a rc8b.i have no intrest in racing this buggy and me and my buddys just have our own track that we have fun on and just hangout at and race for good old times.i was wondering down the line in time.what would be my best choices of engine for in the long haul and cheap for rebuild.i want tons of tourque and somewhat alot of top end..iot doesnt have to be a .21 .it can be .28 also .like i said i have no plans on racing it in ay class..i just want the best engine for my buck.im looking to spend up to 300 bucks..right now i have the stock ae engine .28 with 17t pinion and stock spur.i been looking at the reedy .21 and the ofna picco .28 with the blue fins top.im not sure what to do.just wat alot of poweer and be faster then everyone else.i know this sounds dumb cuz all u guys are racers and stuff but its just for fun/bashing.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Werks B5 , Jammin JPX , both great motor and only run about $200. Also V-specs are something to look at too.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

i would recommend the jammin jpx.21 engine. TONS or tourque and lots of top speed. its $220-230. great engine though! they have the .28 too that i heard has waaay too much power for the track but probly good for what you are going to use it for.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Madbrad
Werks B5 , Jammin JPX , both great motor and only run about $200. Also V-specs are something to look at too.
ok cuz i been reading all the egine post on this site and its getting me confused..theres so many to choose from.i want one with loing run time and 1 that will last long.werk b5 and go tech seem to be the two 1's that come up alot.since i wont be racing would .28 be faster,i was looking at this one also Ofna/Picco 28 engine p3
but o know running a .21 would give me more run time ona tank.so out of werk b5 jammin jpx any other 300 and under give me what im looking for bottom end and top end.not slow ,just fast fast
Old 01-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Angry

which engine is better.werks b5 or the go tech .21 i read both threads and dont know what to get? someone help so i can make my mind up and order 1 already lol
Old 01-10-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

jpx wouldn't be cheap to rebuild
go would be cheaper to rebuild, you can get a whole new piston/sleeve/rod for $70 that is less than just a rod for the jpx. But go wouldn't have all that much torque as the jpx.
Old 01-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by xjqkz
jpx wouldn't be cheap to rebuild
go would be cheaper to rebuild, you can get a whole new piston/sleeve/rod for $70 that is less than just a rod for the jpx. But go wouldn't have all that much torque as the jpx.
ok thx for the info.what about the werks b5 .21 hows is that compared to these two others u mentioned.cuz its out of these 3 engines.i want to order it asap so i gotta make a choice
Old 01-10-2010, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i would go with the JPX 21 i have one and its amazing its my favorite engine. i run only 20% and it will out power just about everything. runs great easy to tune and reliable. the only thing is after about 4 gallons you have to replace bearing but thats it. im getting another one soon and using my vspec as an back up for my buggy.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vowbeachbum
ok thx for the info.what about the werks b5 .21 hows is that compared to these two others u mentioned.cuz its out of these 3 engines.i want to order it asap so i gotta make a choice
I've never owned or ran that engine so I can't say anything about it, you might wanna check out the werks thread. http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...ng-engine.html
Old 01-11-2010, 12:27 AM
Tech Elite

Nova Rossi N21R $150 or so. You get Nova Rossi quality and everything. You will very happy. Look at the Nova Rossi thread and Houston thread for more info. That should answer your questions.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...thread-16.html

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...h-e-s-141.html

The Reedy should be good as well. I have one. Just have not had a chance to try it. I've run Nova Rossi for over 10yrs. OS I've had one and it wasn't so good. Although I would never use that engine as a example to keep me away from OS. OS makes a great engine.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well i wouldnt go with the os vspec for the long haul i havent experienced it yet but hear the bearings go out alot so im putting ceramics in for this season to be safe but its screamin fast and i ran 3minutes warm up and 7 min qual and was still runnin when i came in the pits and could have made for sure 1 more lap if not more great fuel milage but there 300bucks
Old 01-11-2010, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Fort Worth, Texas, USA, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Of the ones you listed I would go with the Werks. Awesome quality and reliability! The Jammin is a good engine too, but a little thirsty. Both of those will be better than the Go and should last quite a bit longer.

Also check out the Alpha Plus engines. http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...d-engines.html

I also saw the mention of the Novarossi BF21. Great quality, nice little sport engine... will not make the power of the Werks, Jammin, or Alpha engines, but you get top-notch Italian quality and durability at a rock bottom price... and more power is NOT always what you need to be fast.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If your not racing then you have plenty of options IMO...OS 28, Picco 28, JPX 28, JLR 28..JPX 21..JL 21.. ...Stay away from the tamer 3 port .21's IMO, they would be fine for racing, but rather boring for bashing around...You want some good power to make things fun....... In the land of the .21's the Jammin JPX 21's are about the strongest you can get, they actually sometimes feel more like a .28 then a .21..... I also sell modified OFNA JL 21's for $265.00, an absolute screamer of an engine ! parts are also very affordable and readily avaialble....
Old 01-11-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

ok i justw ant to thank everyone for there info and im probly gonna go with the werks b5 or jammin .21i'll make my mind up by thursday.they both seem pretty damn good.im stilla noob and learning here and there.any how thanks again for all the help
Old 01-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Tech Lord

Most engines mentioned do need a starterbox, are you still using the pullstarter be aware you need to get a starterbox.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.