Help soldiers in Iraq with there hobby?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help soldiers in Iraq with there hobby?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Rookie

The issue is the FAA regulations will not allow the fuel onboard an airplane therfore it can not legally be shipped here. That is why it must be claimed as something else and no company is going to do that to ship it here. So far two packages have been shiped out to one of my buddies one was a gallon the other contained 3 quarts they where claimed as moist cookies and they made it here to him. I dont know if there is a legal means of procurment out here but if not I am willing to pay a premium to anyone willing to take the risk, guess this is why it would be nice to have familly. Thank you.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What is the reasoning behind not allowing nitro in Iraq? I'm sure they have their reasons, but its not like explosives are a unobtainable commodity over there...
Old 01-09-2010, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

They don't allow nitro in iraq because where is the service member going to store it? They live in tents, or wooden huts, or small trailors/cans. There are way to many hazards for any kind of fuel to be allowed. Even our geny fuel over there is carefully handled. Now, if there was a designated place like a track, far enough away from living/working spaces, with a storage area, i'm sure they would allow the fuel to be stored on site.

People in the military know, everything that has anything to do with fun is regulated heavily by the big guys... but we still manage to have fun don't we boys!?!?!
Old 01-10-2010, 01:05 AM
Tech Regular

At the workshop they have all sorts of chemicals - lots of it isn't locally bought. Have a pep talk with your workshop qm or any of your units S-4/G-4 sections.
Managed to get fuel up in Northern Afghanistan - so it should be managable in Iraq as well.

If you let some of the MoveCon people try your electric car, then show them your nitro car, and tell them your not able to get fuel for it - they'll manage to pull soe strings

You can ask some of the interpreters as well, you'll be supprised whats possible to get on the local market (but dont run local nitro through your 500$ speed

You'll be amazed of what these people are able to provide -

KUWAIT
Al Hamar Est
phone : (+965) 2431989 / (+965) 4831083
fax : (+965) 4838908
Old 01-10-2010, 03:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Its not that we are not allowed to have fuel, we are allowed to have it. I work as a mechanic in the motorpool so it is easy to find a place to store it. The problem is getting it here from the us. It is the airlines and usps that dont allow it thats why it needs to be snuck in. In the same way that soldiers get alchohol over here which is illegal as well to ship and for us to posses, and I think its stupid but people do it.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 82ndtrooper
Its not that we are not allowed to have fuel, we are allowed to have it. I work as a mechanic in the motorpool so it is easy to find a place to store it. The problem is getting it here from the us. It is the airlines and usps that dont allow it thats why it needs to be snuck in. In the same way that soldiers get alchohol over here which is illegal as well to ship and for us to posses, and I think its stupid but people do it.
Ground transport from Kuwait - you'll be amazed the places fedex travels
If not, check out sources back home when they ship hazardous/flamable goods, if they're able to sneak in some gallons of Byron
Old 01-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Do you happen to have an email address for the place in kuwait?
Old 01-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 82ndtrooper
Do you happen to have an email address for the place in kuwait?
KUWAIT
Al Hamar Est
phone : (+965) 2431989 / (+965) 4831083
fax : (+965) 4838908

This is for Kyosho in Kuwait, try google some other as well pages. I would aslo check out Dubai and UAE - Before you know it you have a jingle-truck with byron at the gate, just make sure it isn't rigged

Ask these guys:
http://rccck.org/

Dubai:
http://www.dubairchobbies.org/rc_store_in_dubai_.htm
Old 01-10-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

gallon size ziplocks and box that say windshild wiper flude i know a rc company that has shiped me fuel a few times like that in the states why cant they do to you guys
Old 01-10-2010, 11:15 PM
Tech Elite

It probably isn't much of a consolation, but we have a few guys over in Iraq and a few in Japan who are running our Caster fusions because of the nitro issues.

We offer a 25% discount on everything as long as the customer address is a apo address and we ship USPS. There is a guy in the Tekrit area with a fusion truggy.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I am AD Air Force and I know that it is possible. I remember a while back that some guys were getting it. I believe it was around the Qatar area. I know that they also get it in Kuwait area as well. I don't know where your heavies are coming in from, but if they are coming from Japan, I would love to try and talk to the loadmasters for you guys. I can get Mugen 30% here. If you need anything from Japan, let me now. I have access to a lot of hobby stores here and get pretty much whatever. No shipping charges either because of MPS. I wish you luck man, and let me know if you need something.

We also need to start a "military" thread under the regions or something like that. Someone talked about it a long time ago, but nothing came of it. I would definitely help out with problems like this. At least it would pass on all of the "solutions" that someone else figured out. Take care man and stay safe.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by janderson78
Guys,

As most of you know I am in the military as well. I am active duty and I too have been where this person is.

I would just like to caution the requestor and anyone considering a shipment of fuel to this location or any other for that matter calling it anything other than Nitro is taking a great risk. This is the USPS and this is also going to be getting forwarded to a US APO (Military) address. I work in a post in my spare time to help them out and they test every box for chemicals. I dont know if Nitro will show up or not but if you are caught it spells disaster for you and the military member.

I am not saying to not support our troops because I am one of them. I am just saying please think of a more reasonable way to do it with out risking the trouble it can cause.

With Most Respects!!!

pull your f*****g head out your ass mate
Old 01-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Revooooooo
I am AD Air Force and I know that it is possible. I remember a while back that some guys were getting it. I believe it was around the Qatar area. I know that they also get it in Kuwait area as well. I don't know where your heavies are coming in from, but if they are coming from Japan, I would love to try and talk to the loadmasters for you guys. I can get Mugen 30% here. If you need anything from Japan, let me now. I have access to a lot of hobby stores here and get pretty much whatever. No shipping charges either because of MPS. I wish you luck man, and let me know if you need something.

We also need to start a "military" thread under the regions or something like that. Someone talked about it a long time ago, but nothing came of it. I would definitely help out with problems like this. At least it would pass on all of the "solutions" that someone else figured out. Take care man and stay safe.

I'm pretty sure our equipment comes in from Germany, I don't know if you have hookups there that could throw some fuel on the bird but if so that would be awesome I could give them a little extra cash for it. Also you said you have access to fuel from japan, may I get some more information on that? I would be interested in that, would you be willing to ship fuel from japan to an APO address in Iraq, if I payed you for the fuel and your services? Thank you in advance.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by htcurt
pull your f*****g head out your ass mate
Why,

For trying to keep other people from trouble. I have a great idea. WHY DONT YOU PONY UP AND SHIP IT WITH YOUR NAME ON IT!!!!! BETTER YET COME SPEND THEN NEXT 6 MONTH ROTATION I GO ON WITH ME IN THE DESERT!
Old 01-13-2010, 01:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Even Better yet. You ship it with your name on it and I will pay for the 4 Gallons!!! But you must provide tracking and 82nd must sign for it. How about that!!!! Oh and you can call it what ever your want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.