Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
In need of Hinge Pins! Help >

In need of Hinge Pins! Help

In need of Hinge Pins! Help

Old 01-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default In need of Hinge Pins! Help

Hey guys, I just got some used a-arms for my nitro rustler and they are missing two hinge pins that I need. I included a picture of the pin that I need. They are the smaller pins on the a-arm. The stock rustler ones are threaded so they are not used in the conversion. I went to my lhc and they did not stock the hinge pin that I need. I do not really want to buy a $20 set of titanium pins, but I need these pins to run the car! Anyone have any help? I would buy them if someone has a set of extra's!
Attached Thumbnails In need of Hinge Pins! Help-0103001607.jpg   In need of Hinge Pins! Help-0103001608.jpg  
Old 01-04-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

i know in the past when i was in a jam i used drill bits or steel pins/dowels and cut to size,i would then drill and tap a grub screw on the a-arm to hold it in place.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

so you don't want to spend 20 bucks to get your ride running?
Then get creative or put plastic back on it.
How much did you spend on the arms?? I think that is were you blew your money.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Rookie

I bought all aluminum rear a-arms, front a-arms, front shock tower, upper chassis, and rear bearing carriers, all for about $40 . But yes I still don't want to spend $20 on hinge pins so I am going to try and get creative.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hard to believe that hinge pins for a traxxas rustler is 20? when the whole car plus, motor, pipe, servos, radio, starter is all around 200$

I know parts are more expensive, but dddaaammmnnn. Hinge pins on my mugen i know are better quality by a good margin. But they are still less then that. Hell those small pins on the outside should be less then that. Are you sure it's 20$ I find that hard to believe.

shit. Just looked and realized it was titanium. That sux. But that is what you get for having aluminum arms. The stress has to give somewhere. If you put in titanium pins the stress will all be put on your bulkhead or whatever it's attached to, which will probably break next since the arms and pins don't give.

If i were you i would go back to the plastic arms, I know it doesn't have much bling but you would probably be better off.

Have you upgraded your shocks??? A steering servo and big bores should have been you first upgrade. My brother in law has one, so i know how crapy those shocks are.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

he said titanium pins.