Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tion-Buggy-Kit
Old 09-10-2010, 07:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Wow!

Originally Posted by Jaf1977
From the Team Durango website:
I am ready to make this buggy my own. Per the above message Team Durango is claming that the buggy has been tested and is ready for market. Can we assume it will be without flaws?
Old 09-10-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guess that confirms that .
Hope they release some final prductions pictures when ready.
Thats a lot of money for a new car.
Hope it comes with all the stuff in the original pictures of the car!
Old 09-11-2010, 03:30 AM
Tech Adept

LOOKS AWESOME. AND I CAN SEE WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY SERPENT 811 TYPE ISSIUES WITH EXPENSIVE THROTTLE SERVO MELTDOWNS....WHERE DO I PRE-ORDER THESE???? LOOKS GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Old 09-11-2010, 05:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

looks like the servo is just as close as the 811, except laying down, so the plastic base of the servo is up against the engine... seems to me it would be similar if not worse since thats where the electronics for the servo are. food for thought. it is still the most technologically advanced buggy coming out, guess losi is at the drawing board lately.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j_blaze14
looks like the servo is just as close as the 811, except laying down, so the plastic base of the servo is up against the engine... seems to me it would be similar if not worse since thats where the electronics for the servo are. food for thought. it is still the most technologically advanced buggy coming out, guess losi is at the drawing board lately.
Correct and the bottom of the servo is where the electronics are at. Guess we'll just have to see.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

strange the designers don't see that immediately..
when people here, saw the first pics of the serpent
with the trottle servo set-up,
80% of all who saw them, knew it would be trouble
+ this set-up is more difficult and uglier, with the reverse action trottle and both radioboxes one after the other
than the one they could have made, with a more of a patchwork radioplate
I really don't understand sometimes..
perhaps they wanted it to be too perfect

Last edited by speedy2; 09-11-2010 at 06:31 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

looks like the servo is just as close as the 811, except laying down, so the plastic base of the servo is up against the engine... seems to me it would be similar if not worse since thats where the electronics for the servo are. food for thought.
Yep, that's why I brought it up earlier. Of course, since Durango have been (according to them) making tweaks, it's possible that this issue was addressed. Honestly, all they'd have to do is move the servo about 5mm and incorporate a raised plastic "shield" up from the radio tray. Problem solved.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

When in doubt, use a 'half-height' servo, like the Savöx SC-1251MG.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

I don't think its a heat issue with the serpent completely.. and I don't think as many people are having these problems as it seems on here.. on rctech there were about 4-5 (a guesstament) guys that continually had issues (I'm sure there may have been more) but I know about 10 ppl that have been running those buggys and have had no issue along with many more who don't use this site. But also if you look at the revised (homemade) servo trays, they are they're equally as close just turned to the side..

I think Durango kept an eye on serpent and agama and since they say the serpent is Gerd's basic design aswell I don't think he'll make the same mistake twice, also a reason he took like 5months working on the radio plate.. (which we still don't have 'final production' pictures of..)
Old 09-11-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by t8rtot
I don't think its a heat issue with the serpent completely.. and I don't think as many people are having these problems as it seems on here.. on rctech there were about 4-5 (a guesstament) guys that continually had issues (I'm sure there may have been more) but I know about 10 ppl that have been running those buggys and have had no issue along with many more who don't use this site...
Deductive reasoning would cause me to conclude otherwise: the simple fact that Serpent are devoting precious resources to design, make (and hopefully test!) a new tray ,a major component, roughly 5 months into its release is evidence enough that either:

-there are sufficient servo issues that they can no longer ignore the problem, and/or

-the flow of sales has dropped sufficiently (perhaps a result of the above) to cause the company to take drastic measures to revive the product.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying there isn't an issue.. but kind of like the losi.. not everybody is losing servos.. and the car is a dream to drive. I hope they fix it.

I think a serpent/durango could take over the kyosho/mugen rivalary (since kyosho has apparently forgot about the had economy) also one thing I think ppl are forgetting, with the 699.99 price tag durango add a lot of option/tuning parts with the kit that add over $100 to the kit.. look at the DEX it comes with plenty I think the only things u need are the springs and weights if you want them..
Old 09-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If Hupo has been racing the car for over two moths now i think there is no reason to worry over a servo problem. Common guys, sure there i a problem with the serpent, but you'll never get the whole perspective here on rctech. It's not like a bunch of people saying: "Hey i got a serpent and i never have any problems" , but it's more like: "Crap car eats my servos, getting rid of it". However, i do not run the serpent myself, but i have seen ppl here in Sweden running them without any problems....

Stop worrying, and start saving money

/Martin
Old 09-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by t8rtot
Don't get me wrong I'm not saying there isn't an issue.. but kind of like the losi.. not everybody is losing servos.. and the car is a dream to drive. I hope they fix it.
Here's the thing though: for any buggy to be considered successful, it has to be able to perform as well for the average club racer as the high-end paid team driver. There can and will be failures with any car, since there is no accounting for the competence of the end user. The Losi (1.0) and Serpent have had issues because, in my opinion, their designs don't offer much (or any) leeway for mistakes in setup or equipment choice.

The thing is, maybe 90% of people who buy these cars are NOT pro drivers; they occasionally make minor servo setup mistakes, lawn-dart the car, clip a pipe, etc. so for any product to be successful, it has to be able to successfully compensate for at least a few minor driving and setup deficiencies. Will the Durango fill that requirement? Time will tell.

Of the cars I've had, Mugen and Kyosho have been rather quick at coming up with fixes for the (few) minor issues with their cars, and have been otherwise very forgiving.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.