R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Team Durango DNX408 Prototype (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/357319-team-durango-dnx408-prototype.html)

mazzinga 11-20-2010 02:25 AM

Originally Posted by TeamDurango (Post 8234570)
Ryan,

Everyone at Team Durango is proud of you. Only third time with the car, but fast enough to win, super fast even when taking it easy. Great work.

It was nice to see top drivers sniffing around the TD pit area clearly worried about your place :)

Well done to Cody, but next time here we come

JasonD
Team Durango

+1 :nod:

TeamDurango 11-20-2010 02:56 AM

Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title.

I've started a new Durango DNX408 thread - with launch date info, some stats and I'll post some production car photos soon.

see "Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title."

mazzinga 11-20-2010 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by sirio76 (Post 8234616)
Hi Jason, and welcome to rctech:)
It'good to see that somebody from TD is visiting this forum! We all know that Ryan was very fast, I'm sure next time result will be much better.

+1 :D

If I can, I only want to suggest Team Durango to see Team Xray Site/Forum and how them interact with their fans/customers, I hope Team Durango go to change their policy on this side of things and do a real Luxury service here and on their website ;)

mazzinga 11-20-2010 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by TeamDurango (Post 8234725)
I've started a new Durango DNX408 thread - with launch date info, some stats and I'll post some production car photos soon.

see "Durango DNX408 - Fast enough to win the World Title."

fantastic, where is the link? :D

Edit: I found it

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...rld-title.html

DRCRacer299 11-20-2010 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by major3d (Post 8233440)
Wondering if the battery could be moved to the front like some of the other cars are doing? Not that it needs to have the battery up front. Just asking a question. This is one sweet looking car.

Hupo attached the battery to the front of the side guard as many people have done to test it. He mentioned that he didn't really feel a difference in his limited testing but that more tests needed to be done to confirm the feelings.

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 (Post 8233576)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Thanks Ryan was this a prototype braking system being test its a different version from your Worlds kit has Durango opted to go back to a traditional system?

Attachment 669121
That is a prototype braking system, I can't comment on it except that Hupo and Gerd have been testing stuff. It's what this company is all about!

Well it was worth a shot ;) go get them Ryan make sure you push for a truggy I know buggy is still not released but having a big brother is IMPORTANT!!

There will be a Truggy! I will hopefully be driving a prototype to start next year off!

Originally Posted by joho (Post 8233917)
Ryan, thank you very much for your reply and it certainly clean up some urban legend!

We were sitting close to the computer with the F5 key press million times to try to get more information on you and Team Durango during the World Championship, congratulation on your good showing by posted the 3 fastest lap in 3 qualifies! I guess this is a testimony on your skill level!

With the car being so new, and not much setting reference let alone on a track that can drive a pro crazy, I honestly think you have already made TD proud. Thank you to you and all the guys in TD for trying so hard to give us some great products and best of luck next time out! All the best!

I really appreciate the comments. Thank you!

DRCRacer299 11-20-2010 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by TeamDurango (Post 8234570)
Ryan,

Everyone at Team Durango is proud of you. Only third time with the car, but fast enough to win, super fast even when taking it easy. Great work.

It was nice to see top drivers sniffing around the TD pit area clearly worried about your pace :)

Well done to Cody, but next time here we come

JasonD
Team Durango

Thank you Jason and the rest of the Durango Team. I agree...2011 and beyond, here we come!!
(My wife even mentioned last night, she said "Do you think you have a better shot of winning races this upcoming year than you have in the past?" I said " Yes, I'm very confident in this car". She said "I just noticed how you went the entire worlds without breaking a part on the car, I think that bodes well for the future!")
So everyone better be worried! ;-) :nod: :lol:
Again, Thank you!

Integra 11-20-2010 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299 (Post 8234815)

There will be a Truggy! I will hopefully be driving a prototype to start next year off!

Very good news Ryan. :nod:

bcquick 11-21-2010 12:36 AM

Ryan Did you use the production break disc (white)and steel pads ?
how was break fade and stopping power ?
that style disc never seems to work in anyother car!

also the tank is it a clunk or solid mount pick up style ?

apex-racing 11-21-2010 07:59 AM

TRUGGY!!!!!! i'm in:)

Electric Dave 11-24-2010 05:35 PM

Truggy is great news...now just ship both by the time racing starts in the east coast spring 2011 :)

David1976 11-26-2010 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by mazzinga (Post 8120537)
No one noticed the new modified body?? :weird:
I think that the old one looks better :(

I have the buggy in my hands. I like the new body. It is super smooth and is really small and beautifully formed. Now to build it!!

JoeNolasco 12-03-2010 03:14 PM

Hey guys just wanted to let you all know that we have DNX408 kits available for shipping NOW!!

Send us an email or give us a call or simply place your order on our site!

http://www.rpphobby.com/product_p/tdr102002.htm

Hint Hint-if you email us you might be suprised!!! :nod:

speedy2 12-04-2010 07:03 AM

build here..

http://www.rcmag.com/modules.php?nam...=481728#481728

TommyBlazin 01-01-2011 12:42 PM

this is def my buggy for next season, is there going to bre any factory guys on here talking setup?the support is just as important,i had my problems with serpent, but they did have alot od info flowing thru the channels, just want to make sure, as buggys released now, and this thread is dead???? is there another thread talking bout this car or what? thanx

mazzinga 01-01-2011 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by TommyBlazin (Post 8419724)
this is def my buggy for next season, is there going to bre any factory guys on here talking setup?the support is just as important,i had my problems with serpent, but they did have alot od info flowing thru the channels, just want to make sure, as buggys released now, and this thread is dead???? is there another thread talking bout this car or what? thanx

The new official thread is at the link below

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-of...-title-80.html